Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Stacey "Fergie" Ferguson's vinegar diet

Like bread and that stuff? Or like EVERYTHING with carbs in it? I don't think i could be that good. I just quit bread and sugar a few days ago so we'll see how that goes...

Quote Originally Posted by taymarie View Post
    Like bread and that stuff? Or like EVERYTHING with carbs in it? I don't think i could be that good. I just quit bread and sugar a few days ago so we'll see how that goes...
    Just white bread basically. Everything I eat is whole wheat which isn't so bad. But if I have a sandwich I'll only have once slice instead of two. But yeah it's anything that's white instead of wheat, including rice and pasta.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Yeah, I've cut out all bread, pasta, and rice. Just for a little while, then I'll only eat it once in a long while. I'll have to let you know how it goes! I'm also working out like crazy, compared to the zero exercise I used to do. So I think I'll get the results I want soon

Yeah, I've cut out all bread, pasta, and rice. Just for a little while, then I'll only eat it once in a long while. I'll have to let you know how it goes! I'm also working out like crazy, compared to the zero exercise I used to do. So I think I'll get the results I want soon
    Good luck! Drink a lot of water and green tea also. Try to cut out sodium, salt, and alcohol which will cause you to hold on to the water.

Cutting out alcohol is not an option About the sodium... How much is too much mg per serving?

Cutting out alcohol is not an option About the sodium... How much is too much mg per serving?
    Ditto, there's no way I could stop drinking alcohol completely. I don't keep track of how many mg's of sodium I consume, I just avoid pouring salt on my food, I drink only diet soda, basically moderation. I'm sure if I cut salt completely I'd notice a bigger difference but I love Cheez-Its!

I do basically the same, I don't put salt on my food and I drink diet soda. But I was wondering about, say, a can of black beans. There's lots of sodium in canned beans, which I love. Is that still ok to eat?

I would eat half of the can maybe, and then save the rest.. they have a lot of protein and fiber so that kind of balances it out. Beans are healthy, it's stuff like potato chips and ramen noodles that really bloat you up. I like the canned organic beans from Trader Joe's. Just drink water.

Elite Member

I'm glad this thread got resurrected! I've actually been doing the ACV "diet" since the day after Christmas. I've lost about 7 lbs (trying to lose 20). I drink 2 tsps of ACV (Bragg's) with about 16 oz water 3x times. Usually twice before lunch/dinner and the 3rd to cut cravings. It's helped curb my appetite some, but I've also been actively trying to eat healthy and exercise more.

I am one of those people who has a majuh sweet tooth and am always thirsty. I've tested negative for diabetes, but my blood sugar levels were a little high. ACV is rumored to be helpful for controlling glucose levels so I may be a better candidate for the ACV diet than others. The drink isn't very tasty so it fulls you up and turns your stomach so you're not hungry while you're drinking and for an hour or so afterwards. So I'll drink it when I get hungry between meals. Helps to prevent me from binging.

I drink it through a straw and brush my teeth afterwards. I've noticed a little teeth sensitivity, but nothing too bad. I'll be honest, the first time I drank it, I had a very hard time getting it down. But the 2nd time was a lot easier. I don't enjoy the taste, but it's not horrible once you get used to it.

My main point is that while it's helpful, like everything else, it's not a miracle for weight loss. It may be more beneficial for some than others because of the supposed glucose benefits. But you have to consciously eat better and exercise. I find that it's a great supplement for curbing my appetite and cravings and probably better than all those weight loss pills on the market.

^^I've read that it's best to wait about 30 minutes before brushing your teeth so you're not brushing the acid into your enamel. I only drink it once a day (2 tbsns), maybe I should drink more. But I have noticed a difference in my weight and also my skin. It's not too bad tasting when diluted in water. And congrats! I'm glad it's working for you since all I've been hearing is people whining about how it doesn't work for them. They probably expect to eat like crap and have the ACV magically burn their body fat.

Elite Member

I've read that it's best to wait about 30 minutes before brushing your teeth so you're not brushing the acid into your enamel. I only drink it once a day (2 tbsns), maybe I should drink more. But I have noticed a difference in my weight and also my skin. It's not too bad tasting when diluted in water. And congrats! I'm glad it's working for you since all I've been hearing is people whining about how it doesn't work for them. They probably expect to eat like crap and have the ACV magically burn their body fat.
    Thanks for the tip on teeth brushing. I'll try it out. I find that drinking it several times a day helps me more. Like I said, it helps control my appetite and I figure that spreading it out will help moderate my blood sugar.

What are you all drinking, the white distilled apple cider vinegar?

Elite Member

What are you all drinking, the white distilled apple cider vinegar?
    No. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. It's organic, raw and unfiltered. It's brown in color. There's info on it earlier in the thread somewhere, but basically, the white distilled kind has all the "good stuff" taken out.

I bought it at Whole Foods for like $4, but you can probably find it at most health food/organic stores. I'm not sure if the regular grocery store carries it, but it may be in the organic section. Here's a link so you can see what it looks like.

Apple Cider Vinegar : Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

I might try this. I don't need to lose any weight, but I'd like to trim a couple of pounds off or an inch around my waist.

Do you think mixing it with Apple juice would taste ok? Or best to stick to water?
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    No. Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. It's organic, raw and unfiltered. It's brown in color. There's info on it earlier in the thread somewhere, but basically, the white distilled kind has all the "good stuff" taken out.

I bought it at Whole Foods for like $4, but you can probably find it at most health food/organic stores. I'm not sure if the regular grocery store carries it, but it may be in the organic section. Here's a link so you can see what it looks like.

Apple Cider Vinegar : Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products
    Okay thanks. I knew it was somewhere in the thread, I was just too lazy to hunt for it.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread Information