Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So long Cheryl Cole's stick-thin frame, today's women want curves like Nigella Lawson

lol Nigella doesn't look "fat" to me in that picture! Lots of warped mind thinking going on in today's world... anyway Nigella has big hips it seems so she carrys her weight down there, her body is a thicker hourglass maybe more like Kate Winslet is what I would call a regular hourglass
    I was born a bitch..whats your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Do you really think that women aspire to have a body like Nigella? I highly doubt that.
    I've seen a lot of better pictures of her & if they were asked to choose between Cheryl Cole & Nigella, then yes, I think that they ticked the Nigella box.
    But.... as I previously said, it depends on the age of the women targetted. If they're going for 30/35+ then I am entirely unsurprised since older women tend to be more body-assured & also since they've bred have hips, etc.

If they were asked "who's body would you most prefer" then no, I don't think that Nigella's body would spring to mind.

I think that many Brit women see her as someone to appreciate, she's got a career, suffered the horrible death of her 1st husband, was raising her children while nursing her husband & still working, etc, etc, etc And from what I understand she revels in food rather than pushing it around her plate & eating one sugarsnap pea. She made it ok to be able to cook, eat, enjoy food; so I guess that I think its less about bodytype & more about a joie de vivre (imo)

Oh & my bodytype is def more NL than CC so I agree LOL!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

For those apples out there, it's impossible to look curvy with a few extra lbs; we just wind up looking chubby in allll the wrong places. So yeh, for me personally I'll take Cheryl Cole.

But how old are you?

Nigella's too fat, Cheryl's too thin... Who's a slim hourglass these days?
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

^^^
    kelly brook. megan fox.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nigella is not FAT. She may carry her weight in her butt, but she is not FAT.

I'd much prefer her figure to a toothpick.

^^^
    no, she's not fat. though she has gotten quite plump in recent years, and is definitely heavier than she was when she first started her show.

but that doesn't mean i want to have her body. hers is not a body that i would consider ideal. and to be honest, if i had her body, i would get my ass to the gym and try to lose weight. maybe it's a matter of taste.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Is Nigella still working out with her personal trainer? I read that the Food Network thought that she was too heavy and "suggested" some weight loss before the next incarnation of her show?

I do hope that she retires that demin jacket; I'm really sick of seeing in on Nigella Express.

Nigella has a gorgeous face, but I wouldn't want her figure either. I'd take Cheryl's figure, then be happy to eat what I wanted for a little bit to put a few extra pounds on.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    kelly brook. megan fox.
    Megan Fox's torso reminds me of a lizard
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I've seen a lot of better pictures of her & if they were asked to choose between Cheryl Cole & Nigella, then yes, I think that they ticked the Nigella box.
    But.... as I previously said, it depends on the age of the women targetted. If they're going for 30/35+ then I am entirely unsurprised since older women tend to be more body-assured & also since they've bred have hips, etc.

If they were asked "who's body would you most prefer" then no, I don't think that Nigella's body would spring to mind.
    I think I get what you are saying...also I think that I should have said she is overweight...sometimes when you say fat people automatically think "morbidly obese"...she is overweight and in the original picture seems to have a sizeable belly but she isn't HUGE! Also I'm looking at it from a mans prospective as far as what I would want! lol
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    But how old are you?
    I'm 20. But I've been both very large and very thin, and the weight sitribution is never favourable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    I think I get what you are saying...also I think that I should have said she is overweight...sometimes when you say fat people automatically think "morbidly obese"...she is overweight and in the original picture seems to have a sizeable belly but she isn't HUGE! Also I'm looking at it from a mans prospective as far as what I would want! lol
    Yeah, she does look to have put quite a bit on, I was shocked when I looked at recent photos of her. I remember her having a nice "1950's" style figure with amazing boobs but not that belly..... its nearly as big as mine (or is it bigger now?)
    Funnily enough when I looked for further details I found this quote from the Special K spokesperson "Laura Bryant from Special K said: "The report shows that women's attitudes to slimming over the last 50 years have changed with their figures. "It seems British women have lost their waists but now they are demanding them back. " and "It marks a return to the classic "in-and-out" figures of the 1950s and 1960s before skinny models like Twiggy influenced a slimmer look. " which ties in with both the autumn/winter fashion and the economic climate Vs clothes shape.

(I'm still shocked at her tum! I'm paranoid about mine due to all the surgery, etc but heck! that's big!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    I'm 20. But I've been both very large and very thin, and the weight sitribution is never favourable.
    I seriously think (coming from a marketing background) that this survey wasn't aimed at your age group. I've looked to see what age the survey was performed on... and I can't find out.
    I think that the problem with these "snapshot" journalistic reports is that they just report a bit, not alwats enough to make sense if it.

Wink

I seriously think (coming from a marketing background) that this survey wasn't aimed at your age group. I've looked to see what age the survey was performed on... and I can't find out.
    I think that the problem with these "snapshot" journalistic reports is that they just report a bit, not alwats enough to make sense if it.
    Yeh, I can understand that.
    It's odd, because the most attractive body shapes to me are the pears and hourglass shapes - regardless of a whether they're carrying extra weight or not. I think it's the old dilemma of wanting what you can't have; what I wouldn't give to have an ample bosom.

Perhaps the evolution of dietry habits is responsible for the newer generations waist - hip ratio's...I hope the hourglass isn't a dying breed!

Though Cheryl's body is more achieveable to me..for the record, I think Nigella is a sexpot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information