Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skeletal Joely Richardson looks a shadow of herself

Yikes! She belongs on a stand in a high school science class...
    President Barack Obama
    Sounds amazing, doesn't it?

An alien killed this woman, invaded her body and took over. Yikes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!

i could never understand how stress could cause weight loss until the last while. my son has been sick and so have i and i'm so f'ing stressed my stomach feels absolutely sick and i will go days without eating (i drink water though). if i put anything in my mouth i can't swallow it. the last thing i'm thinking of is losing weight. i'm afraid to step on the scale. i'm just so stressed out though. i can understand what some of these people go through and that it's not just an 'eating disorder'.

A*O

I'm very sorry but "stress" does NOT do that to a body. Starvation yes, stress, no way.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Hit By Ban Bus!

yeah im starving myself on purpose for the fun of it.

/roll my eyes.

A*O

And do you look like the corpse bride with bones poking out? Hmmmmmmm?? NB I made my post before just yours. My comment was about this skeletal woman, not you. Sheesh.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

No one loves her enough to tell her she should be covered from head to toe?

OK, this is the daily mail, they are known for photoshopping.

She could very well be this thin, but I don't assume its real.

She definitely needed a different dress. I hope she gets better. Her face is still very beautiful. I love her eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I'm very sorry but "stress" does NOT do that to a body. Starvation yes, stress, no way.
    I agree. I've had points of extremely high stress, and I dropped a few pounds, but I didn't lose a bazillion. I think she's using her daughter as a cover-up for her disorder. This isn't losing weight because of stress. And she does look proud of it. Yuck.

Anyone else think she looks like an older, anorexic version of Kim Stewart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I agree. I've had points of extremely high stress, and I dropped a few pounds, but I didn't lose a bazillion. I think she's using her daughter as a cover-up for her disorder. This isn't losing weight because of stress. And she does look proud of it. Yuck.
    i disagree. normally i'm the type of person that eats when she's stressed but i went through the death of someone very close a few years ago and i lost a lot of weight in a very short time. the first couple of weeks i literally could not swallow a thing because i had what felt like this huge ball of anxiety in the pit of my stomach, and it only got a little better in the ensuing months. i also couldn't sleep and had a tonne of nervous energy, which makes you lose weight as well. i remember my best friend wincing at the sight of my ribs once in a shop when we were trying stuff on.
    it took a while but i did eventually start gaining the weight back after maybe a year or so.
    i'm not saying this is necessarily joely richardson's case, just pointing out that stress and traumatic events can make you lose more than a few pounds.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    While 'stress' is often used as an excuse by Hollywood stars like 'hospitalized for exhaustion', RL stress can cause tragic weightloss.

About 15 years ago, my mother dropped 7kgs for stress-related reasons in less than three weeks-and having started off with as slim/athletic frame to begin with, she looked terrible. She eventually got back to her optimum weight, but I have pictures from that time, and yeah-some of our acquaintances thought she had cancer.

And my best friend used to routinely shed 5 kgs for the duration of exam period when she was a med school (again, slim girl with none to spare to begin with), even though she was sitting on her ass and munching on stuff all day.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i disagree. normally i'm the type of person that eats when she's stressed but i went through the death of someone very close a few years ago and i lost a lot of weight in a very short time. the first couple of weeks i literally could not swallow a thing because i had what felt like this huge ball of anxiety in the pit of my stomach, and it only got a little better in the ensuing months. i also couldn't sleep and had a tonne of nervous energy, which makes you lose weight as well. i remember my best friend wincing at the sight of my ribs once in a shop when we were trying stuff on.
    it took a while but i did eventually start gaining the weight back after maybe a year or so.
    i'm not saying this is necessarily joely richardson's case, just pointing out that stress and traumatic events can make you lose more than a few pounds.
    Again, I had several traumas to deal with, and lost weight, and I was really very skinny, yes, but Joely's weight loss is far too extreme to be only from stress. I don't buy it.
    Last edited by Lily; October 19th, 2007 at 08:58 AM.

Ewwh fucking gross!
    Proud Mama....now where's my glass of wine?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information