Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The size 12 star of TV show who's 'too fat' for top model agency

wow, it wasn't too long ago that people were say Rachel Hunter got fat - how quickly people forget.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Hmmm a little more workout would help her to get her legs more in shape. Probably she would be more successfull. If you really want to get a model then yes, you should have a better body than the average people. BUT of course, the other model is just - no I don't have words for that. Unbelievable!

Who is Ms Hunter to talk? Imo she was never thin either.

I'm the same height and (a little lighter by pounds) weight as this girl. I don't know whether I like this thread or not!!

I think the 2nd and 4th photos are gorgeous.

I'm actually shocked by this thread. The winner of the competition looks ill, and the girl who looks healthy and pretty is being called average.

Have most of you seen the "average" model now adays? More than being interesting looking and/or striking, they are so thin it actually makes you sick. The heavier girl looks like you or me...that's the whole point. She's got an attainable look that is fresh and pretty, and I think her 2nd and 4th pictures show that she looks beautiful.

And while I love catwalk designs, they have to design for a fuller shape...hello, since when is pear shaped something to look down upon in fashion world?!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

I just think that swimsuit is horrible, regardless of who wears it. I think she would look really lovely in a nice dress though.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

That is the ugliest one piece suit! It would not flatter anyone. The second pic looks hot though.

Her legs could use some toning. She's a cute girl. I wish I were a size 12. My target is a size 10-12. If that makes me a cow when I get there, then moooooo. I'll be happy.

I think her body looks great - she looks like a woman!

I keep hearing that women who look like women can't model clothes because they are too fat. People say this like it's some kind of cosmic rule we must abide by. This makes no sense. Who made up this rule? If the clothes don't look good on a woman who looks like a woman then there is something wrong with the clothes. Some designer should lose his job rather than finding a starvation victim to make his clothes look "good".

What a messed up world this is, where a woman isn't supposed to look like a woman. Why do we put up with this? When will it ever change? We are supposed to be more advanced than in the old days, but in the old days, a woman could look like a woman. Compare Sophia Loren, with her lovely natural curves, to Angelina Jolie, all knobby bones and veins protruding and silicone implants. WHAT HAPPENED???

^^^
    she's perfectly nice looking for an everyday woman but she doesn't have a model's body. and i'm not talking about anorexic models. i mean, even if we went back to the more athletic, curvy models of the early 90s (cindy crawford, naomi, etc), this chick still wouldn't cut it because her body isn't nice enough. not because of the weight but because as other pointed out, she has no muscle tone/definition and is kind of doughy looking.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

omg just shocking..

Quote Originally Posted by Miss A View Post
    If the clothes don't look good on a woman who looks like a woman then there is something wrong with the clothes.
    Great sentence. So fucking true.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Great sentence. So fucking true.
    I concur!

A*O

Size 12 is now a PLUS size? Bloody hell. If she'd been around in the 40s and 50s she'd have been the perfect size and shape (think Marilyn Monroe). Unfortunately the last 40 years have been the Era Of The Ana and nothing's going to change until the haute couture designers start making clothes for real women instead of pseudo-boys.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information