Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The secret of Jessica Alba's post-baby body

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i agree, it's not that simple for everyone. some people have a difficult time of it, and some don't. my point was that not everyone who does lose weight has a team of trainers, nannies, and chefs. and i'm not saying that i'm special, i've met other women who lost the weight soon after childbirth.
    Exactly. I lost my baby weight really quickly and was fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes within two weeks. That's not the point. The point is....these people have luxuries we don't. Some people have fast metabolisms, some this and some that.....but look, I eat well, and I take care of myself. (As compared to the norm, I am "small"--according to Hollywood standards, I'd be slightly plump, though I am a size 4 or 6 depending on the cut of the clothes...) But I also have a job, a child to take care of, a second job, and a house to clean and no help. So while I might look good, I don't look perfect, because I simply do not have the time to devote to my appearance primarily. If I did, I'd have my priorities seriously screwed up. If I had the help of a nanny and a trainer and some time to take off and go to the gym, I'd look spectacular. But I'll settle for being a hardworking mom who is in pretty good shape.

Gold Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FASHIONandGOSSIP View Post
    if i had someone cooking all my food and was able to workout all day i would look that good too. but yes she does look good
    So true but I'm sure million dollar checks motivate that ass too.

Given that breastfeeding burns 300-500 calories a day, I'd say something is wrong here. Very few breastfeeding women can get by on 1700 cals/day in addition to hour long workouts.

I think that women who lose all the baby weight tend to be the exception to the rule -- a fairly small percentage.

Right now, as a parent of small children, I am surrounded by women who have had kids not too long ago. And while my perception is anecdotal, I do feel that most moms are probably size 12 and up.

It is a huge stress to find the time to work out if you are a mom. If you are a single mom, I think it must be some kind of miracle.

Added to that is the ironic fact that a lot of healthy, low-fat, low-calorie food tends to be MORE expensive. And with people watching their budget, that's the kind of thing that could get
    sacrificed.

Which is why I would hate to see women torturing themselves looking at Jessica Alba -- a person who not only has access to the best of trainers and foods, but also had an eating disorder in her past. If a mom can look lean and fit in any measure, with all the stuff they have to juggle, kudos to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think that women who lose all the baby weight tend to be the exception to the rule -- a fairly small percentage.

Right now, as a parent of small children, I am surrounded by women who have had kids not too long ago. And while my perception is anecdotal, I do feel that most moms are probably size 12 and up.

It is a huge stress to find the time to work out if you are a mom. If you are a single mom, I think it must be some kind of miracle.

Added to that is the ironic fact that a lot of healthy, low-fat, low-calorie food tends to be MORE expensive. And with people watching their budget, that's the kind of thing that could get
    sacrificed.

Which is why I would hate to see women torturing themselves looking at Jessica Alba -- a person who not only has access to the best of trainers and foods, but also had an eating disorder in her past. If a mom can look lean and fit in any measure, with all the stuff they have to juggle, kudos to them.
    Please run for president, you sound too sensible for words! I'm sure that you'd win!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Ok, ok ok, I know there are women out there who bounce right back after having kids, and I agree that it mostly depends on your genes. But, how is it that EVERY celeb that has kids, has absolutly NO exrta flab on their stomachs after kids? I definately think they get tummy tucks along with their C-sections. It just isn't possible for ALL of them to look perfect so soon after having babies.

^ That, and I think they are in such good shape prior to having the baby. I think that helps a lot too.

You're right, but I know a girl from high school who was active in track, and was totally thin and muscular and in very good shape. After her first baby she lost all the weight, but she has extra skin with stretch marks on her tummy now from only one baby.

^ I don't know then. I am sure a lot of them do get it tucked, though.
    Of course, I am not an expert on this matter...never had kids. hahahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information