Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sally Struthers

Default Re: Sally Struthers

Not making fun of really...its just surprising when you see someone whos made a drastic change like that.
    Dramatically overdramatic

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    People are making fun of an old woman for being over weight? Really?
    .... did someone miss the point of this board coming in?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .... did someone miss the point of this board coming in?

There are over a thousand justifiable people to discuss and people feel it's necessary to make fun of an old woman, who really isn't even celebrity anymore... hey, that makes you happy - go for it We all need something to make us feel better.

I wonder if we can get some pics of "Edith", too...bet there are atleast a dozen comments we can make about that old woman

She's on Gimore Girls! That makes her fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmygoodness View Post
    She's on Gimore Girls! That makes her fair game.

lol

I obviously don't watch "Gilmore Girls"...well, ok then, continue to bash away at the old broad.

I'll even join in. What a fat cow! She should join a gym! Run around the block! Stop eating like a pig! God, what a horrid mess!!

Thank God, Grimmlok pointed out the point of this board is to make fun of the elderly.. *phew*
    Last edited by Icepik; November 18th, 2005 at 11:17 PM.

I think she's 57. I don't think that qualifies as "elderly" although I see your point about cutting some slack for people as they age.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

There are over a thousand justifiable people to discuss and people feel it's necessary to make fun of an old woman, who really isn't even celebrity anymore... hey, that makes you happy - go for it We all need something to make us feel better.
    This faux morality is sucking the fun out of celebrity bashing. If it's not ok to bash ONE person, it's not ok to bash ALL OF THEM.

Can't have it both ways. Either make fun equally or don't, but don't pontificate about who you think should be spared from YOUR point of view
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

This faux morality is sucking the fun out of celebrity bashing. If it's not ok to bash ONE person, it's not ok to bash ALL OF THEM.

Can't have it both ways. Either make fun equally or don't, but don't pontificate about who you think should be spared from YOUR point of view

On an open forum I can express my opinion - just as you can.

You think its ok to make fun of everyone just because they are celebrity, GREAT. I see it that way if the celebrity did something ridiculous - ie: Lance Bass and his nose. An older woman who has been over weight for longer than most posters have been alive? I don't see the point.

The point is to mock celebrities. She's funny cuz she's fat and drones on about the value of air conditioning repair.

Lance Bass is funny is he's a powerbottom and has a stupid nose.

JLo is funny cuz she has a fat ass and is talentless.

Nobody is spared, so getting bent out of shape because someone bashes a fat old washed up woman that you have a soft spot for (or identify with, perhaps?) is silly.

If we all complained, this place wouldnt exist.

The point is to mock celebrities. She's funny cuz she's fat and drones on about the value of air conditioning repair.

Lance Bass is funny is he's a powerbottom and has a stupid nose.

JLo is funny cuz she has a fat ass and is talentless.

Nobody is spared, so getting bent out of shape because someone bashes a fat old washed up woman that you have a soft spot for (or identify with, perhaps?) is silly.

If we all complained, this place wouldnt exist.

Oh, So because I wonder aloud why people bash a woman that has been over weight for over 25 years..I must then be over weight, too? Come on. I questioned something - I didn't even need a reply. I am allowed to ask and comment as I wish - not as you wish.

If you don't like what I write, please.. ignore it. Forums ARE that easy.

No, I'm curious why this one instance, out of all the old talentless fat women, has you questioning why people would choose to toss some flak her way.

I mean, what's the diff between her and any other overweight quasi-celebrity on here?

I feel bad for her. Age does a lot of damage to a body. But she doesn't look healthy.

I say Grimmlock thinks its OK to mock her so he will.

Icepick thinks it's wrong to bash her so she won't.

Everyones opinion is different so they should be able to do what they want without bein told they are wrong or they shouldn't do it.

As for me, I have no idea who this woman is or what she looked like before so I shall remain neutral!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

She looks happy as a fat woman... thank god for that

No, I'm curious why this one instance, out of all the old talentless fat women, has you questioning why people would choose to toss some flak her way.

I mean, what's the diff between her and any other overweight quasi-celebrity on here?

Name other over weight, old, semi celebrity mentioned and made fun of.. you'll notice there are none. That is my point.

That would be like someone posting a "Tyne Daly is really fat!" ... Yeah, and she has been for 25 years and is old, too... or why doesn't someone start a "Dolly Parton has huge boobs"....?? See what I mean, now?

I read this thread, initially and thought it was ridiculous that anyone would feel the need to mock someone who is overweight and old. If she just, all of a sudden gained all that weight, then I would see the point. I didn't see it with a woman that is near 60 and overweight for the past 20-25 years.

Being a member of a forum does not mean everyone is supposed to make fun of the person posted in the thread..it means we are supposed to express our own opinion of the subject at hand. I did that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information