Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Results of Skinny Bashing

Amen.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post

As long as it can happen that one pic of a celeb is labelled "Is she heading for ANA territory?" while the same pic in another rag gets the title "one too many pie, eh sweetheart?" the world will have this fatso-ana debate.

I was shocked at the projected image of the future but it did make me think. "Normal weight" is as arbitrary as you can get and it IS possible that the "normal" category will mean 10-20lbs heavier people, because your general "everyone" is going to be like that (except in France LOL) and todays morbidly obese would be just obese...
    A-fucking-men.

To the people who think I'm a troll: Ask yourselves this: How come on GR and other places of it's ilk- are the 'trolls' often the ones standing up for thinner women, often in an extreme and very much wanting to get noticed sort of way? This seems to be very much a repeating pattern amongst 'trolls'. How many pro fat-acceptance 'trolls' have you had on GR? I'm betting none. So we have a trend here. The reason for this trend is that you simply cannot bash a certain group of people indefinantly (in this case people with a BMI on the lower end of normal and 'naturally skinny' types) and expect there to be no backlash.

And Geest, as for whether how weight is percieved is relative or not I believe there is an absolute componant and a relative componant, and on top of that a componant that is all to do with feeling superior to others. Extremes of emaciation and morbid obesity are outward symptoms of underlying dis-ease, either physical or mental and shouldn't be seen as ok. I don't think such people should be 'bashed' either, but the underlying causes rightly deserve to be critiqued. (and for an idea of what true emaciation is just google images of 'anorexia'. Some people need a good blast of reality in this regard). Where the critiquing gets out of control is when perfectly normal women with a weight that appears harmonious to their frame are also bashed. It might start with hollywood celebs but it spreads out to effect everyone. This goes both ways - both women on the smaller and larger side of the normal curve are effected but as the median weight increases the bias that bashing smaller built women is politically correct but bashing more 'curvy' women is not will inevitably increase - especially since the widening divide between 'fat and thin' is caused primarily not from the thin getting thinner but the fat getting fatter.

fatifestos & skinnyfestos are SOOOO last year on gr. plz to be keeping up with the timez. kthxbai.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance9 View Post
    A-fucking-men.

To the people who think I'm a troll: Ask yourselves this. How come -on GR and other places of it's ilk- are the 'trolls' often the ones standing up for thinner women, often in an extreme and very much wanting to get noticed sort of way? This seems to be very much a repeating pattern amongst 'trolls'. How many pro fat-acceptance 'trolls' have you had on GR? I'm betting none. So we have a trend here. The reason for this trend is that you simply cannot bash a certain group of people indefinantly (in this case people with a BMI on the lower end of normal and 'naturally skinny' types) and expect there to be no backlash.
    Actually we've had quite a few. There you go again making assumptions about us...... And we didn't care for them either.

Nobody really gives a shit about all this nonsense, we've heard it before. It's boring.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A troll is a troll, no matter if they are pro-ana or pro-bitterjellusfatty.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Actually we've had quite a few. There you go again making assumptions about us...... And we didn't care for them either.

Nobody really gives a shit about all this nonsense, we've heard it before. It's boring.
    She must have missed katez and her Genetic Destiny fatifesto.

Don't forget femmefatale and slimandsexxy.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by nancydrew View Post
    A troll is a troll, no matter if they are pro-ana or pro-bitterjellusfatty.
    AMEN!!!!

To the people who think I'm a troll: Ask yourselves this: How come on GR and other places of it's ilk- are the 'trolls' often the ones standing up for thinner women, often in an extreme and very much wanting to get noticed sort of way? This seems to be very much a repeating pattern amongst 'trolls'.
    Because you just like to get noticed. It isn't your position, it's your attitude. It isn't that you are "standing up for thinner women". You aren't so much standing up for a position as you are attacking others. It isn't about weight. You make assumptions about other posters and express them in a condescending and sarcastic fashion. You don't have to be obnoxious to make a point and if you are, your point is sure to be lost.

So go ahead and stand up for your cause but if you think it's going to be in any way effective if you put words in people's mouths or make assumptions about the weight of posters, you're sorely mistaken.

tl;dr ur doin it rong
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

We had a troll who was in love with big fat asses and talked about them every chance she got and in fact, coveted a much more sizeable one for herself than the one she had.

She was a lot more fun though. I miss her.

Could this newb be a fatass who was once skinny, resents that she's not anymore and blames anyone and everyone who gave her shit when she used to be? Including taking it personal whenever someone doesn't like the way a skinny broad looks?

It's way easier for me not to care.

If I think a celeb looks like shit, I'm on it. Whether it's a too skinny broad or a fat ass. And because this is the place for it.

Anyone who thinks chunky broads get bashed less is really naive. That's one of the things I like about this particular board. The equal opportunity bashing of celebs.
    Last edited by MsDark; April 27th, 2010 at 11:24 AM.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    She must have missed katez and her Genetic Destiny fatifesto.
    Yup, that's the one. I told them to start a "I love my unhealthy body image" thread/board what the fuck ever.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

A-fucking-men.

To the people who think I'm a troll: Ask yourselves this: How come on GR and other places of it's ilk- are the 'trolls' often the ones standing up for thinner women, often in an extreme and very much wanting to get noticed sort of way? This seems to be very much a repeating pattern amongst 'trolls'. How many pro fat-acceptance 'trolls' have you had on GR? I'm betting none. So we have a trend here. The reason for this trend is that you simply cannot bash a certain group of people indefinantly (in this case people with a BMI on the lower end of normal and 'naturally skinny' types) and expect there to be no backlash.

And Geest, as for whether how weight is percieved is relative or not I believe there is an absolute componant and a relative componant, and on top of that a componant that is all to do with feeling superior to others. Extremes of emaciation and morbid obesity are outward symptoms of underlying dis-ease, either physical or mental and shouldn't be seen as ok. I don't think such people should be 'bashed' either, but the underlying causes rightly deserve to be critiqued. (and for an idea of what true emaciation is just google images of 'anorexia'. Some people need a good blast of reality in this regard). Where the critiquing gets out of control is when perfectly normal women with a weight that appears harmonious to their frame are also bashed. It might start with hollywood celebs but it spreads out to effect everyone. This goes both ways - both women on the smaller and larger side of the normal curve are effected but as the median weight increases the bias that bashing smaller built women is politically correct but bashing more 'curvy' women is not will inevitably increase - especially since the widening divide between 'fat and thin' is caused primarily not from the thin getting thinner but the fat getting fatter.
    did you read my post? i actually agreed with a lot of your points. but the reason you get labelled a troll isn't because of your opinions, it's because you come across as a total asshole.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

you are attacking others. It isn't about weight. You make assumptions about other posters and express them in a condescending and sarcastic fashion.
    Well, I haven't seen any posts like this from elegance which doesn't mean they don't exist only that I haven't come across any really, that fits the description. (please if you start quoting, indicate the context too) Therefore I cannot regard her as a troll (just because a choir keeps telling me). When I do I might change my mind about her. Until then, she is only a fellow GR-er. Plus I find the topic of shifting perspectives interesting, I like theorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    did you read my post? i actually agreed with a lot of your points. but the reason you get labelled a troll isn't because of your opinions, it's because you come across as a total asshole.
    ah appearances, sometimes they are not deceptive...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Well, I haven't seen any posts like this from elegance which doesn't mean they don't exist only that I haven't come across any really, that fits the description. (please if you start quoting, indicate the context too) Therefore I cannot regard her as a troll (just because a choir keeps telling me). When I do I might change my mind about her. Until then, she is only a fellow GR-er. Plus I find the topic of shifting perspectives interesting, I like theorizing.
    Don't worry. It took me a little longer to think this too. But now I'm starting to smell the troll juice.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information