Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Results of Skinny Bashing

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Do people actually eat these?

I do agree with Elegance that even normal weight people (like the Bosworth woman in that jamboree with Askars - slim but not emaciated like Tori) get the scandalous title Isn't she too thin? but that's not this site's problem, it's the media's in general.

As long as it can happen that one pic of a celeb is labelled "Is she heading for ANA territory?" while the same pic in another rag gets the title "one too many pie, eh sweetheart?" the world will have this fatso-ana debate.

I was shocked at the projected image of the future but it did make me think. "Normal weight" is as arbitrary as you can get and it IS possible that the "normal" category will mean 10-20lbs heavier people, because your general "everyone" is going to be like that (except in France LOL) and todays morbidly obese would be just obese...

I do have a feeling Elegance is on the lower side of the BMI "normal" weight chart and she gets comments from BMI 25+ women like "oh, you must just eat yogurt only to keep your figure, here's a phone number of a dietetician" whereas she might have a really fast metabolism to start with.

I know fat people are subconsciously jealous of skinnies, not because they want to be that skinny they just frustrated and angry at themselves for not being persistent enough and stop effing stuffing their face and move more and shed the unhealthy pounds (they don't even think about being skinny). So they change tactic, on the surface they make peace with their size, they are even "proud" of their bits and the extra few pounds and announce their healthy appetite and loudly dis those who don't have extra dangling bits and attack them by implying they have some eating disorder. and warn them Or in the case of celebrities, get on a forum and bash them big time!

I know because I was on the other side twice (as a teenager and after the pregnancies) and I know how hard it is to be persistent and not fall off the wagon. And how you can over do it. I know my healthy weight now, that is the one that lets me run with the kids for an hour straight and even outrun them while they are on the bike and after that I'd still have mood and energy for some bouncing tigger style. I know how sluggish a person is with an extra 10-20lbs (not to mention even more).

I don't think Elegance is a troll at all, I think she just had to shout, the injustice she gets in real life mirrored here but magnified 1000 times, I have this feeling sometimes (different issues, threads here on GR), starting a really sarcastic thread but then I don't because by the time I type it all up, I don't care anymore. This reply will be lucky if I hit the post button LOL

Ps: I like celeb weight bashing as well, those who weigh under me or morbidly obese, those who are around me or at my has been weight (who knows, another child and I'd be back there) I treat very kindly...
    fat-ifesto!

"I know fat people are subconsciously jealous of skinnies..." Wow. Just. wow.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

I agree with Novice

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    So essentially skinny bashers are just bitter, jealous fatties?
    As much as skinnies despise and are disgusted by overweight people and think they are weak. It goes both ways.

I yet to find a reason why people in general bash skinnies, not so skinnies (slims) and naturally skinnies/slims. There are obvious health riskers (Tori, for example), I'm not surprised - but the rest? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Tl;dr
    I don't get this at all, care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    fat-ifesto!

"I know fat people are subconsciously jealous of skinnies..." Wow. Just. wow.
    I'm ALL ears, please if anyone can come up with an other reason why GR (and the rest of the world) is basking in slim/skinny weight bashing, enlighten me. WHY? WHY?

Wow! Way to pigeonhole EVERYONE. Not just the troll projecting I see.

Maybe you need to get a hobby Geest? You seem way too concerned with what everyone else thinks. Just let it go & move on.

I yet to find a reason why people in general bash skinnies, not so skinnies (slims) and naturally skinnies/slims. There are obvious health riskers (Tori, for example), I'm not surprised - but the rest? Any idea?
    Personally I'm an equal opportunity basher. Skinnies, fatties, uglies, pretties.

I'm sure you're right that people sometimes have a personal interest in the topics they choose to bash though.

It's shorthand for too long; didn't read.

I'm fat and I'm not jealous of skinny bitches.

... ok, in one instance only, hot clothes for the bulkier male are hard to find. That's it.

The rest of you bitches with your bony asses can suck it
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Tl;dr means too long didn't read. And no not all fat people are jealous of skinny people. That's a silly generalization.
    Edit: Bellini got in there before me with the Tl;dr.

Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Domo!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Wow! Way to pigeonhole EVERYONE. Not just the troll projecting I see.

Maybe you need to get a hobby Geest? You seem way too concerned with what everyone else thinks. Just let it go & move on.
    Oh, you did read it then? LOL I had free hour to be analytic and I enjoyed it. Happens every two months. Oh, by the way, everyone pigeonholes otherwise our heads would explode from the too much information. But you are right it was too long. Next time, I promise, next time.

Thanks Bellini and Sarzy for the info!

Sarzy: I bet not. They don't come here skinny bashing. And it IS a silly generalisation but so far the only option to make sense of the skinny bashing (still, I have to say, not the morbidly skinny but the normal looking but slim)

Or is it really, purely down to taste and preferance? That a skinny basher if sees a skinny finds it physically repulsive while the not too overweight is hm, cuddly?

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    That God is evil. Nothing to do with me. I don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Last edited by Tati; April 25th, 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post

What if you don't like kittens?!
    We should just feed the trolls until they burst , a bit like foie gras

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm leaving this thread but I hope a moderator bans this person.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Hush yo mouth chile that's my award winning secret recipe I stole from Kirstie Alley a few yrs back.
    Okay, it's foul in a decadent way. Can I just snatch a corn dog off a slice and run into the bathroom to hide while I eat it? Then use the stick to purge...
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

People are always looking for ways to feel superior to others. The fat v. skinny debate is just one.

That said, I don't think I've ever seen a thread here with a fat/obese poster bemoaning how difficult their life is because of their extra tonnage. Believe me, I've been on both sides of the scale (well very thin/slightly overweight)- not discounting what the other person is saying but life is easier socially as a thinner person in my experience. And there are super thin people in my life - my mother is one - and they don't seem to be suffering much when people give them a hard time about their weight. This is how you came out of your momma. People are out of line and tell them to fuck off, especially if you are naturally slim.

And Hollywood types who get flak for being too skinny seem to be those who are deliberately starving themselves. They may not look too skinny to you in pictures or on TV - but trust, in real life they're frighteningly thin. If they were naturally thin that way - I think Keira Knightley is naturally that scary skinny - then fine. But too many Hollywood women are claiming to be naturally skinny when they're anything but.

Oh, you did read it then? LOL I had free hour to be analytic and I enjoyed it. Happens every two months. Oh, by the way, everyone pigeonholes otherwise our heads would explode from the too much information. But you are right it was too long. Next time, I promise, next time.

Thanks Bellini and Sarzy for the info!

Sarzy: I bet not. They don't come here skinny bashing. And it IS a silly generalisation but so far the only option to make sense of the skinny bashing (still, I have to say, not the morbidly skinny but the normal looking but slim)

Or is it really, purely down to taste and preferance? That a skinny basher if sees a skinny finds it physically repulsive while the not too overweight is hm, cuddly?
    I am a fat chick, proud and true! And I have never, ever been jealous of a skinny person.. Why? I have the right basecoat on my fat fingers!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information