Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Results of Skinny Bashing

No, I am not totally certain (where have I written that?) I merely give her the benefit of the doubt. Based on my knowledge of what a troll means, she is not one. I've met one who couldn't carry on one discussion without ending up just telling everyone to eff off and calling names (usually after the second reply) and her only contribution to the board (not GR) was always either negative comments towards other members (ie: you are so stupid) or off topic comments. She was a troll. She wasn't expressing her views she just bashed other members' views.

In this light to me elegance is not a troll. I guess you have an entirely different rule book. I am weirdly interested in how the dynamics are constructed here so that's why I keep coming back with questions. It will pass, I'm heaving a breather for a couple of days then I wont have time to go to gossip sites.

I feel very, very patronised, several of you trying to tell me to shut up (even when I try to clarify things so I would know) and telling me who I should not speak to.

Oh I know, i know: tl, dr
    Never mind, I enjoyed typing.

No, you have an entirely different rule book.

The rest of the internet agrees on our definition.

Beware the Troll: A Practical Guide

Urban Dictionary: troll

trolls

Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Troll - Encyclopedia Dramatica

Do your research, Becky.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    No, you have an entirely different rule book.

The rest of the internet agrees on our definition.

Beware the Troll: A Practical Guide
    LOL this one was funny!!! I guess the one I encountered was the psycho troll!

Edit: more to come, thanks I liked a first one. Don't get patronising Becky, I like you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegance9 View Post
    A-fucking-men.

To the people who think I'm a troll: Ask yourselves this: How come on GR and other places of it's ilk- are the 'trolls' often the ones standing up for thinner women, often in an extreme and very much wanting to get noticed sort of way?
    Well, There you are. We have all sorts of troll at GR, not just weight related one, in fact they're in the minority (be that ana/obese).

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    did you read my post? i actually agreed with a lot of your points. but the reason you get labelled a troll isn't because of your opinions, it's because you come across as a total asshole.
    Did you pop your cherry at last? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Yeah, I'm certainly gonna start now, after a year on this board. But first someone need to give me a manual because I have no idea what a troll does. I initially thought those are people who come to a topic and deliberatly swerving the conversation off topic, use swearwords directed at other members consistently. Someone mentioned here a troll also makes assumtions of other members and express them in a sarcastic manner but I've seen pure souls doing that too, so I guess that's not really a rule.

Whatever, I'm ready to throw the hatchet into the wind, this is like real world, don't bother getting involved even if you feel there is injustice being committed because noone really cares and you get trampled on in the stampede.
    Due to your final para - I have to ask. Is english your first language? Thats an interesting turn of phrase you have there....

anyho...
    How to tell a troll

Most trolls believe that they are, in fact, funny. Anyone who does not agree with them is obviously either: overly sensitive, has no life, no sense of humor, or is a combination of two or all of these. In many instances, one can see where troll has in fact messed up but is too wrapped in his own little laugh to notice how much of a douche they have really been. These trolls are the easiest to identify, as they often stop leaving comments when it is obvious even to a monkey with a brain tumor that they have fucked it up, or when you see a comment that begins with telling the owner of the site/picture/story/etc that they suck for no good reason. To be absolutely sure, look for the word "lulz" anywhere in their comments, or YHBT at the end of the comments.
    Additionally, attention whores are not trolls, just irl bimbos.
    Beware The Troll

A Practical Guide

To "troll" means to allure, to fish, to entice or to bait.
    Internet trolls are people who fish for other people's confidence and, once found, exploit it.
    Trolls are various in nature and the type of damage they do ranges greatly, such as:
    • Cause irritation to others
    • Disrupt an email list or online group
    • Steal money
    • Obtain credit card details
    • Build false hopes
    • Abuse children
    There are some illustrations of these on our troll examples page.
    What is a troll?

The term "troll" can mean a number of different things, but in essence, a troll is a person who aims to have 'pleasure' at your expense. There are five main types of trolls. The first four are people who pretend to be someone that they are not - they create personae that you think are real, but they know is fictitious.
    Playtime Trolls: an individual plays a simple, short game. Such trolls are relatively easy to spot because their attack or provocation is fairly blatant, and the persona is fairly two-dimensional.
    Tactical Trolls: This is where the troller takes the game more seriously, creates a credible persona to gain confidence of others, and provokes strife in a subtle and invidious way.
    Strategic Trolls: A very serious form of game, involving the production of an overall strategy that can take months or years to develop. It can also involve a number of people acting together in order to invade a list.
    Domination Trolls: This is where the trollers' strategy extends to the creation and running of apparently bona-fide mailing lists.
    Psycho Trolls: These trolls have an unconscious psychological need to feel good by making others feel bad. Such people may use their real names on the internet, and they may not even realise that they are "trolling".
    Dealing with Trolls

Here are some ideas to help avoid being deceived by trolls:
    • Before you invest your trust in someone - either emotional or financial trust - you should verify their bona fide nature from multiple known, reliable and independent sources.
    • ignore postings that you think are suspicious.
    • beware of off-list emails that praise and flatter, or seem to evoke sympathy. If you feel yourself beginning to like someone, ask first: how much do I know about them from real life sources?
    • if you do get involved with anyone via the internet, seek out verifiable data. Real people will provide information about themselves that is open-ended and leads to a myriad of sources which enable you to verify their genuine status.
    • if you are concerned by email list/group postings, write to the listmaster about it.
    • listmasters can also make their lists restricted, and conduct a security analysis of each list application before allowing them to subscribe. This is probably easier to do in areas that have professional associations or qualifications.
    We have more detailed information on our page on troll tactics. This page provides more information to help you recognise the different types, and tactics you can use to avoid the problems they create.
    There you go.

Not sure how you can miss their posts.... since all you have to do is click here & they're all lined up for you. http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/sea...archid=3259872

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post

Not sure how you can miss their posts.... since all you have to do is click here & they're all lined up for you. http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/sea...archid=3259872
    i did click on this it says
    "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

edit: language - bilingual, and I've lived abroad a lot but the silly use of words doesn't come from any SL interference, I was frantically trying to come up with some overwhelming image matching what I felt.

edit again: it's the same thing Chilly already posted.
    Last edited by Geest; April 27th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.

I have to be honest here, I will NOT read ALL her posts, I clicked on maybe 3 or 4 (apart from the posts here) and they were normal. I'm not going to set on a quest, I have a life you know. If in the future I come across her and her posts would be the kind that was mentioned, I will most definitely re-evaluate.
    so, you won't take our word for it, but you also refuse to read her posts to see if maybe we have a point, and yet you continue to argue that it's not a troll? is that correct?

Thanks for the exerpts/quotes I will read them closely at some point.
    but not when it actually matters, apparently. you have so much of a life that you have time to argue, repeatedly, that elegance isn't a troll, yet you won't bother to actually read its posts to see if it's true, even though there aren't many and it would actually take less then arguing pointlessly over something you won't bother to find out about?
    is that correct?
    Am I too naive again?
    i'm gonna go with lazy and disingenuous instead of nave, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    Sorry, but it's a bit silly to admit you've only read 3 or 4 of his posts and have no idea what a troll does, and then say we're being unjust in labeling him a troll when we've seen most of his posts and do know how a troll behaves.
    what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Did you pop your cherry at last? LOL!
    don't think so. i don't see any alerts or messages or anything.
    noday, did you pop my cherry?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nah, we all know that people get some lenience while having fun with the obvious trolls

It'll happen for you eventually, you just have to find the right one.

*snort*

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    so, you won't take our word for it, but you also refuse to read her posts to see if maybe we have a point, and yet you continue to argue that it's not a troll? is that correct?

but not when it actually matters, apparently. you have so much of a life that you have time to argue, repeatedly, that elegance isn't a troll, yet you won't bother to actually read its posts to see if it's true, even though there aren't many and it would actually take less then arguing pointlessly over something you won't bother to find out about?
    is that correct?

i'm gonna go with lazy and disingenuous instead of nave, actually.

what she said.

don't think so. i don't see any alerts or messages or anything.
    noday, did you pop my cherry?
    if you have to ask......
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Noday is an ass for not popping your cherry Sput. LOL (did that work to get mine popped)
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

you two whores! running around trying to give it away!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Even funnier that no-one wants it! LOL!

You two bff's need to quit being so mean (said in my best whining voice).
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Cherry my tired ass, more like some cried capers.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    You two bff's need to quit being so mean (said in my best whining voice).
    I'm guessing Novice and I should see about reevaluating some things in our lives... people just keep saying we are mean...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

Thread Information