Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remember how fat Christina Aguilera was?

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    Omg, Mklady, where the hell have you been, girl??????? I haven't seen you around in ages!
    Ta Da! Would you believe me if I told you that I spent a year trying to be a nice person helping a "friend" only to think that maybe I had traded the MK cult in for another?

You know that friend you have in highschool that would get her feelings hurt if you sat with someone else at lunch? Well, she's now 48 and has been running an Anti Mary Kay campaign for the last 4 years and I'm so going to hell for that comment. Speaking out against the leader is .
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    to say being the same weight in grade 7 as you are now is abnormal isn't right. It's perfectly normal .
    Yikes. No it's not normal. You should still be far from done growing unless we're talking about a 15 or 16 yr old who is still in the 7th because of failing a few grades! I was 11-12 years old in the 7th grade and probably looked like a 5th grader.

Also, I can't imagine in what universe 120# would even be "overweight" on a 5'3" person unless they were prepubescent-pubescent, had no muscle tone whatsoever along with very tiny bone structure to boot.

I understand about lack of muscle tone making a woman look "fat" or soft and jiggly though. Before I started lifting weights and running at 19 I was 5'2" and 110#, a size 6 and felt flabby. But after a couple years? Hell, 120-125# was my lean, bathing-suit weather weight! And I hardly looked like a bodybuilder. Just like someone who worked out to actually burn off those calories instead of starving herself (like I used to when 110#). Also a size smaller (4).

What I think: Xtina is naturally tiny and probably always had a hummingbird metabolism that she took for granted, as she definitely used to be a junk food junkie. But you can't do that shit forever. For most people, when they stop growing, their metabolism shifts and they have to change how they eat or suffer the consequences. This is what I think happened to her. Women also have the added burden of ever changing hormone levels that can have the same effect (i.e. what once was no problem for you suddenly makes you blow up like a balloon). Obviously she was disciplined enough to do what she needed to do to trim down. And for chrissake, it's not like she was obese...she was just wearing clothing that she shouldn't have been until she got the bodyfat back down.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^ I agree. She wasn't fat then she just didn't dress correctly for her body type at the time.

Wasn't those pics with her belly doubling over called out as being photoshopped?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yikes. No it's not normal. You should still be far from done growing unless we're talking about a 15 or 16 yr old who is still in the 7th because of failing a few grades! I was 11-12 years old in the 7th grade and probably looked like a 5th grader.

Also, I can't imagine in what universe 120# would even be "overweight" on a 5'3" person unless they were prepubescent-pubescent, had no muscle tone whatsoever along with very tiny bone structure to boot.

I understand about lack of muscle tone making a woman look "fat" or soft and jiggly though. Before I started lifting weights and running at 19 I was 5'2" and 110#, a size 6 and felt flabby. But after a couple years? Hell, 120-125# was my lean, bathing-suit weather weight! And I hardly looked like a bodybuilder. Just like someone who worked out to actually burn off those calories instead of starving herself (like I used to when 110#). Also a size smaller (4).

What I think: Xtina is naturally tiny and probably always had a hummingbird metabolism that she took for granted, as she definitely used to be a junk food junkie. But you can't do that shit forever. For most people, when they stop growing, their metabolism shifts and they have to change how they eat or suffer the consequences. This is what I think happened to her. Women also have the added burden of ever changing hormone levels that can have the same effect (i.e. what once was no problem for you suddenly makes you blow up like a balloon). Obviously she was disciplined enough to do what she needed to do to trim down. And for chrissake, it's not like she was obese...she was just wearing clothing that she shouldn't have been until she got the bodyfat back down.

^^^^ not true at all, and a total generalization

Growing up (pre elementary and elementary aged), I was ALWAYS one of the taller kids. NOT the TALLEST and not freakishly tall but def in the top 10.

In 6th grade aat age 11-12 I had my final growth spurt and hit 5'4.5. Summer before 7th grade at age 12, my "child" body completed puberty and I made the final morph into my "adult body"--getting a real waste, etc. With that, I stood 5'5 and weighed about 105lbs. Today I am within 8lbs of that weight, at least 2lbs being breast implants. Totally possible, normal, and not bc I was 15 in 7th grade

Somehow I don't buy this. I've never in medical history seen anyone who completed their growth at age 12 unless they had a developmental disorder or environmental factors that stunted it. For one, your bone density continuing to increase (even if you had reached your max height at 12, which is uncommon enough as it is) along with lung development that continues up into your 20's. Should I go on? Or is this enough? Either you were chubby as a 7th grader and now thin at that same weight as an adult, or there's something else going on here that you're leaving out.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

^^^^ yes please go on bc u are wrong wrong wrong

i dont understand why you think this is so impossible. especially bc this isnt just ME who has experienced this-- I know PLENTY of girls who this happened to, infact, Id say most of the chicks I know are the same size they were in 7th-8th grade at around age 13. The ONLY difference between us and the other girls who developed later, is we tend to be smaller, thinner, and more petite.

I totally reached my max height at age 12. Like I said, I was def one of the taller girls. But def NOT chubby, bc I had height. By 7th grade when my body sort of changed into more of a figure, I did APPEAR leaner, if not skinny at the same weight. But I never was chubby?

Further, in all the anatomy and physiology and child development classes I have never heard that there was anything abnormal about this sort of development. Infact, quite the opposite. So yes, plz continue with your info. All of the info I am familiar with totally contradicts you. For one, it says the earlier you get your period the faster your development is.. some girls start their periods at 14 so their puberty does take more years to complete. Those who start at a younger age with develop faster. I started mine at age 11.5 which correspondes directly to why, at age 13, I was DONE growing AND developing. I also know for a fact that my growth plates were closed at 12 (indicating growth completion) bc my orthodontist had them xrayed to determine which orthodontic methods would be effective permemently for my teeth. If I had still been growing, he would have either held off or used another technique to achieve desired results.

In fact, come to think of it...when I was in 5th grade (age 11) I remember speaking to one of the parapros on the playground declaring proudly that I was "tall" and was going to grow up to be very tall. She was about 5'2 close to my height at the time and said "well when i was in 5th grade i was actually the tallest girl but then i didnt grow another inch"...i straight up LAUGHED and said that wouldnt happen to ME. So you see Mrs. Dark. we are not all the same...and that does not make us abnormal or disordered

Sorry, I had assumed you were an adult. I didn't know you were still a teen. That's fairly normal to still be the same size as when you were 11-12.

You'll probably "fill out" a tad more by the mid 20's. Even the thinnest of girls I ever knew usually experienced some degree of this. Some not until they had kids and nursed. But they welcomed it.

What growth and devolpment/anatomy classes have you had? That's usually glossed over at the high school level unless you went to a really good school. Even at the univ. level it's probably not what it should be unless it's a class for one planning on entering a specific health-related/medical field.

I also started my period early (age 11, 7th grade). What was weird was that I in no way looked "developed" enough to be starting my period. I was still growing pretty much until I finished high school. And even though I didn't grow very much, I still managed to add another 1/2" to my height by senior year! Waaay after I started my period.

Sorry if I insulted you by implying you might have ever been "chubby", as you seem to have a particular horror of anyone thinking you could have ever suffered this malady (not to mention sorry to anyone who went through a chubby stage who might feel slighted by the implication that ever having been "chubby" as part of a stage of natural growth is an insult! ) but I assure you it is quite common in puberty, even when the bodyweight is within normal range. Hell even my (still) rail thin brothers and female cousin went through a stage where they were "soft" around the middle right before/during/until they completed their intial growth! And since your body was/is still growing past the age of 12, whether it was/is apparent to you or not, there must have been some sort of shifting of body composition/fluids/volume/tissue to go along with that. If you are not even 21 yet, get back to me in 5 or so years and if you weigh the same I'll give you a cookie. No wait, a sash and tiara.

i am an adult, I am 25 years old

You're delusional.

^lol ok? what are u talking about. Youre like, insane

As far as education goes. I have an MA in psychology so Im quite well versed in child development. In fact Id be happy to email one of my former profs and ask him if it is either abnormal or impossible to complete normal growth and development at age 12-13 for a female and post it on here for you to see. As far as A & P courses, all university level. Id love for you to share your sources of information as well?

i didn't grow an inch after 12 or 13. i got my period and grew maybe 2 cm and that was it, i've been the exact same height since. but it's true my body changed in other ways - breasts grew, probably bone density, my shape changed.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Bachelor's in psych and working on one in nursing, not to mention lots of practical application experience, not that it matters here.

Perhaps with your education you should be able to diagnose yourself. You appear unnaturally obsessed with your looks and physical appearances of people in general, with a narcissistic "superiority complex' of sorts to the characteristics of height and thinness, which you take great pleasure in announcing that you possess and take pride in, going all the way back to your childhood on the playground.

Hate to break it to you honey, but even if you are the exact same height and weight, and with or without the PS, you don't look the same at 25 as you did at age 12.

PhD not required for that opinion, but common sense and a lack of self-delusion is.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i didn't grow an inch after 12 or 13. i got my period and grew maybe 2 cm and that was it, i've been the exact same height since. but it's true my body changed in other ways - breasts grew, probably bone density, my shape changed.
    Well according to FF, this doesn't happen once you've had your period or once your epi. plates have closed and you've reached your full height.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information