Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remember how fat Christina Aguilera was?

Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie View Post
    Well, let's just say "most people", then? I totally consider it normal to gain a bit of weight when you get older- not a lot or anything, just normal weight that comes with growing taller as well.
    If it was weight that comes from getting taller, it wouldn't show around her stomach, would it?

Look, I get what you're saying about the body changing-my mother tells me a story about how at 23, she couldn't fit into a dress she wore at 17, even though she was thinner than she was at 17. The bone structure changed a bit.

Christina doesn't look like her body underwent changes related to growing up, she just looks like someone who went a bit crazy with the midnight snacks for a month or so.

I agree Aella, that or laziness.
    I don't think she's capable of getting seriously 'fat'. Just chunky or gaining a few pounds, from not doing anything.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

I'm sorry, I don't know where the hell weight goes when you get older, I just know that is perfectly normal for most people to gain some. I'm sure that the location of the weight is not the same for all people. But that wasn't even the point anyway. Whatever, she got lazy, she put on some kilos, she is still hardly fat and the OP is still obsessing over this in an unhealthy manner. That is the point, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by phishtickie View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know where the hell weight goes when you get older, I just know that is perfectly normal for most people to gain some. I'm sure that the location of the weight is not the same for all people. But that wasn't even the point anyway. Whatever, she got lazy, she put on some kilos, she is still hardly fat and the OP is still obsessing over this in an unhealthy manner. That is the point, I think.
    Um, ok, I was just speaking from personal experience (and most people I know haven't gained weight when older, but whatever), wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. And for the record, I don't think Christina is 'fat' in those pics, just flabby and out of shape.

Agreed, end of story. It obviously didn't take long for her to get back in shape and now she looks great!
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Heh, good for her indeed. Hell, I might be looking more like Christina in those pics soon, quitting smoking seems to be playing havoc with my appetite. But whatever, I'll exercise, watch what I eat, and avoid stomach-bearing outfits until it stabilizes.

I think that's what's wrong with those pics, she simply doesn't wear appropriate clothes. Muffin top NEVER looks good.

^lol sorry, my feathers are a little ruffled already- combination of too much work and a silly original post, in my opinion. No worries! :-*
    But yeah, I agree her clothes are not right.

We all have days like that, deary. The important thing is that you feel comfortable in your own skin.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyLucy View Post
    I'm 5'7 and not even 120 lbs, I have a hard time imagining that someone wouldn't be slightly overweight if they're 5'3 and 120. I mean, unless they're a body builder or have enormous breasts.
    LOL I'm 5'3 and at that weight. I am far from overweight. No, I am not a big boned girl or a body builder or even particularly large framed. I wear a size 2 comfortably...and nobody in their right mind would consider me overweight.

Xtina, in person is an tiny famed person.. although, my height-- she has a smaller frame..therefore she suits a smaller weight...

She's not fat in those pictures, just wearing bad clothes for her weight.

She has the same problem as Kelly Osbourne though and seems to carry a lot of weight on her face so unless she stays very thin, her face looks chubby even if her body looks like a normal healthy weight.

I think her weight now looks healthy as well but I actually think that the before photos look emaciated although I accept she was younger in those days. She has a small frame and putting on 10-20 pounds will maker her look a lot bigger even if she is still in a healthy weight range. I don't think the extra weight suited her personally but she was hardly fat.

Quote Originally Posted by kitson View Post
    I think her weight now looks healthy as well but I actually think that the before photos look emaciated although I accept she was younger in those days.
    I saw Christina in concert in 1999 when she first came out. We had backstage passes and I saw her walking by backstage. She was the tiniest, skinniest, most abnormal looking thing. Her waist was as thick as my wrist. No wonder the later pix seem chunky in comparison!

Silver Member

Fat? meh
    Horribly, Horribly dressed? Oh hell yeah

C'mong guys this thread has " watch me lord my weight over all of you" written all over it.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Call me crazy, but I never thought she looked "fat." Yeah she gained weight and she looked chunkier than she had been before, but she was still attractive to millions of men. And she still looked happy with herself regardless of her belly.

I liked her better back then. She wasn't perfect lookingn, maybe, but she was more natural.
    Also, since she is a singer and not a super model, who cares about her looks? She is supposed to be singing well, not to be looking perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by MgMMD View Post

C'mong guys this thread has " watch me lord my weight over all of you" written all over it.

Yea it does. To me this thread has gotten to be a "I'm a size 0 and I'm better than ya'll" kind of thread. Which is what a lot of these particular threads seem to turn into lately.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information