Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Real" women

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    I'm a curvy girl from waaaaaay back. Got my boobs at age 12 and they've been getting attention ever since. I kind of wish they were smaller because if I put on weight I start to look matronly but overall, I'm ok with my body. I'm not as thin as I was before I had kids and I have a little baby pouch and my waist isn't quite as slim as it was but I work out often, eat pretty healthy and try to lay off the sauce as much as possible and generally look ok. I hate the idea that I'm supposed to look like someone else and refuse to even try. I know women who have had three or four kids and are constantly trying to diet down to their pre-baby weight. And you know what? All it does is put them in a perpetual bad mood.
    EXACTLY!!!! I have 2 kids and one on the way I am 34 with a D cup and have always had the hour glass figure ...... Buttmunch I swear that ass is in my family..... Yes gravity has caught up and one day may have to throw my breasts over my shoulder but hey I am all WOMAN.... I love this thread... Trying to love my stretch marks and c section scars and my sagginess and probably will never lose that 15 lbs and I WAS ALWAYS BITCHY after the last two pregnancies, because I WAS HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
    once I turned 30, I became a real woman. The End.

That meant living like a woman, not a child, and acting correctly. It also meant dressing with some amount of class, and trying to be healthier. It's a good feeling, I bet you.
    I love this and I agree with you.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

I mean, ladies in your 20's, all shapes, sizes colors, creeds of you, your bodies are fabulous.

but when you hit your 30's, ALL of you is fabulous, not just your body. Your mind, your confidence, it all falls into place. It's delovely. Real women accept who they are, work with what they've got, wear great looking and feeling clothes, and love the skin they're in. I know it sounds corny, I know I sound like some bad Lifetime Television for Battered Women commercial, but it's so true.

I've had stretch marks since I was 12, I've got a huge ass (and was teased mercilessly until I got to college) and not very big boobs. And I'm fly as all hell. I know we're all fly too, even Grimmlock, although he is not a real woman....or maybe he is, who knows ?

but being a real woman is just conducting yourself like a damn grown woman. That's why it pains us to see Paris and Lindsay acting like assholes. It's not womanly. It's why Scarlett Johannson's quotes sometimes make me cringe - her celebration of her chest seems hollow and stupid. Jen A and Angelina Jolie and Halle and all of them seem like women because they conduct themselves in that fashion (at least in public). Even if we all disagree with their life choices, you can't say they aren't women. At least that's what it means to me.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

^^^Another awesome post, Glamazon! You rock!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I'm a big beautiful woman, i admit it..
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

When I was 16 I was out shopping and I wanted to buy some new trousers and I went with my girl friend to a hot and popular shop, called BikBok or something. I was about 139lb and 5'6...

I didn't fit anything! The store was loaded with trousers but I was too big to fit any they had! I was in the store with my friend and feeling so humiliated and fat... I had never in my life considering myself as fat or chubby or anything but that day I really did...

So I started to diet and work out and lost 22lb but I still doesn't feel comfortabel with myself and I am afraid everytime I go shopping and not fit any clothes again....

I am looking forward to grow up and not be scared anymore!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I'm a big beautiful woman, i admit it..
    Go ahead and work it out, girlfriend

Lol but anyway I'm glad people find this discussion helpful. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who was bothered by this whole thing.

So I'm just curious about what has been said about women in their 30's. Is their any particular experience that made ya'll feel better about yourselves and start acting right, or is it just that you got tired of struggling with body issues?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlady View Post
    Go ahead and work it out, girlfriend

Lol but anyway I'm glad people find this discussion helpful. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who was bothered by this whole thing.

So I'm just curious about what has been said about women in their 30's. Is their any particular experience that made ya'll feel better about yourselves and start acting right, or is it just that you got tired of struggling with body issues?
    I think I'm finally starting to 'grow up' and get some perspective on things. Now that I have 2 kids, a husband and a career my priorities are just different. The size of my ass just isn't the issue it was before.

Ironically, this it was also after I started 'growing up' that I started losing weight and being healthier in general.

Gold Member

Great thread!!! Thank God u mentioned the "other side"- the naturally thin ones. I am naturally thin , and it buggs me like hell when people go "awww,u're so thin!!!" = "oh my gosh,poor thing, eat something!". I eat a LOT, really, its just the body type I have. And although I do have a well-formed butt (favorite body part of mine along with the legs, I am pretty much flat-chested. so much for the hour-glass figure
    This whole notion that curves is what makes u a "real woman" is so irritating. Beauty does come in all shapes and colours.

I'm the same as you Perilita. Great body, but not alot of breast. So while people with curvy bodies admire Scalrett Johansson and whoever else, i am grateful for bodies like kate hudson, debra messing, selma blair, gwyneth paltrow, etc because i am naturally thin like that and they taught me how to be happy and flaunt it.

Amen to all of this! I overheard my male flatmates the other day having a chat about how they like "real" women, with slim waists, nice boobs and a curvy bum. Felt like running downstairs and decking them, then pointing out that the greater majority of women (including an irate flatmate!) look like the "lazy slobs" who "don't look after themselves" and have all the, to use the Bridget Jones term, 'wobbly bits'

I live in hope for the day that I find a Mark Darcy, and find someone who "has a very high regard for my wobbly bits!"

they are not wobbly bits, they are parts of the REal Woman.

All women have wobbly bits. if they want a woman who's not wobbly, tell them to go fuck a 14 year old, a rubber doll or a man.

And then put on your best makeup, comb your hair and put on your best outfit with some nice perfume. Go to a nice lounge and let the Real Men come to you. Then go eat some good food and call your friend to go to a movie or something. You'll feel better.

then slap the shit out of your roommates.
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

Silver Member

I hope that nobody beats me up for saying this, but there have been a number of studies showing that peak attractiveness for females occurs at a BMI of around 18.5. That is also pretty much peak for health, too. High fashion models are usually at BMIs lower than this but actresses are probably pretty close on the whole.

But we are living in a toxic food society where cheap fattening foods are abundant and few people get enough exercise so that "normal" is now overweight and BMI 18.5 might seem too thin to some people. It seems just right to me, but it isn't as attractive at age 50 as it is at age 20.

^^^I won't beat you up, but I will offer my personal experience, with my body. My lowest ever BMI was 19. I was somewhat emaciated. My family suspected I had an eating disorder (and honestly, I was pretty close to it). I was really, really thin and I loved it...but when I look back at those pictures, I feel like I looked disgusting and scary. I feel like my personal best is about a 23. Right now I am 25 and I feel a little blimpy.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't give a damn what women look like, but that's cuz I'm gay.
    So you'd make a terrible GBF, then, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information