Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The real Star Jones story

I still don't understand the difficulty behind the "intake less than you burn off" theory of weight loss. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Is the problem an addiction to food, inability to exercise, lac of muscle to help burn off fat.... what? The whole glandular thing is a bit of a crock, 95% of the time it's not true.. sure you can have a low metabolism but that's mostly due to, again, lack of exercise and no muscletone
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm - There is medical evidence that genetic factors do influence weight. They have studied many sets of identical twins who were separated at birth and reunited many years later. They had almost identical bodies. They were either both normal weight or both overweight, etc. There are also many studies showing that people with a higher level of the gherlin hormones will end up weighing more than those with a normal level. But I agree that genetics, metabolism, etc. can not be used as a total excuse.

We all know that burning more than you take in will result in loss. It sounds so easy yet it fails for most. There are many factors involved. The bottom line for me was that I wanted to take it off before co-morbidities entered my life and killed me.

Is it possible to get yourself set up in a healthy lifestyle, including proper diet and good exercise then have the procedure reversed?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Grimm - I had the surgery 4 years ago and lost half of me. I have now been at my goal weight for about 3 years, I eat very healthy and exercise 4 times a week so I can maintain my goal weight and not regain as many others do after the surgery. It is not reversable which is fine with me. As the years pass the stomach stretches so you can eat enough each day to be healthy. At first you run the risk of not getting the nutrients needed since the intestines where absorbtion takes place has been by-passed. Over the years the body begins to compensate and absorb again. I still take supplements every day and get my bloodwork done every 6 months to make sure I am getting what I need. No regrets for me.

interesting

good for you sluce! I have a couple friends who had the lap band. at first, it worked for one but now, she eats just as much as she did before.. maybe more so all the weight is coming back. The other one, had it done around November and has lost about 65 pounds and has kinda plateaued...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information