Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The real Star Jones story

Medicine isn't a miracle. She can lose all the weight, get nips and tucks, and spend billions on makeup. She will still be fugly.

I think bc gastric has become more popular in recent years, its becoming easier to tell who has had it. Star Jones should just come clean. I understand the "dont ask, dont tell" philosophy but when people are calling you out u may as well just stop bsing

I always had suspected one of my friend's moms had undergone GB. When my friend was in elementary school, her mom was morbidly obese 250- 300+lbs. Seriously bad. I know she had major overeating issues bc my friend had food issues even back then which shed picked up from her mom.

By the end of elementary school/begining of middle school her mom had started to take the weight off and within 2 years was about 140lbs at 5'3. Over the years she kept most of the weight off BUT gained about 40lbs back and never got down to her lowest again. She always maintained she did it thru diet and exercise, but her food choices did not seem to change. I remember being young and going to their house and the mom never ate healthy

Today, shes about 180lbs, no longer trim and def overweight but not morbidly obese. The daughter, my friend, is pretty massive now too as an adult. She even moved to a colder climate I think to escape pressures of ever having to be in a bathing suit.

All of these factors led me to deduce the mom had gastric 1) going drastically from morbidly obese to almost thin reminded me of carnie wilson 2) gaining some of the weight back after a couple years also reminded me of carnie wilson bc she talks about food being an addiction and how u can stretch ur stomach out after GB and how ppl tend to gain some weight back even just by there body getting used to it

And low and behold I was right. The sad part is she passed on her terrible eating habits to her daughter which i dont even know the half of im sure, but what ive seen is pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    She looks worse now than when she was fat, if that's possible. I guess losing weight for some people is like getting a new paint job for a Yugo.
    That is so true!
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Hit By Ban Bus!

will they really wire your jaw shut to lose weight and where i can find these people who do it for you?

She's trying SO hard not to stare at that cake with her sunken froggy eyes
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

hahaha.Great pictures, you guys.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Egolita View Post
    will they really wire your jaw shut to lose weight and where i can find these people who do it for you?
    The only time I can recall anyone doing this was on an episode of "The Real World" from way back when, when one of the cast members, who was in a girl group (and by no means fat) had this done so she could lose weight before a performance. I googled, though, and apparently there really is a procedure called Orthodontic Jaw Wiring for weight loss purposes:

Jaw Wiring

Elite Member

I keep seeing commercials for lap band surgery. I didn't realize you can shrink and enlarge the band. I wonder if this will become the new 'it' thing as opposed to G. bypass.

I swear there were rumors that's how N. Richie lost her weight. However, I believe its the drugs.

lap band thou supposedly does not work for some people. whereas GB is more of a sure thing. or so ive heard.

truth be told, and im almost embarassed to admit it, but when star jones was a super fatty i was in highschool and id always think to myself thatd shed be stunningly gorgeous if she lost

weight.http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVShows/...rJones_235.jpg

Never did I think this is how shed turn out. http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4...rfugly2ev2.png

her entire face changed imo. I never realized her eyes were so bugged and her chin/mouth were so horse like. the excess weight softened her facial features. They say ppl who lose 100+lbs have saggy skin, and I think much like kirstie alley, star's face just sagged and drooped.

and the odd thing about her weight loss, is she appears gaunt in some areas like her face/ upper arms, but then is still super chub in other areas like the gut. I dont know, i think her body fat came off in the oddest areas and not evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    The only time I can recall anyone doing this was on an episode of "The Real World" from way back when, when one of the cast members, who was in a girl group (and by no means fat) had this done so she could lose weight before a performance. I googled, though, and apparently there really is a procedure called Orthodontic Jaw Wiring for weight loss purposes:

Jaw Wiring
    it was big back in the 70s. You had to carry a pair of wire cutters in case you started to throw up, cause you could choke to death.

i watched an epsiode of I LOST IT where one of the women tried wiring her jaw shut and had to do all liquids obviously. Anyway, she lost like 60lbs in 3 months and then gained it all back. how much does that suck

I had gastric bypass and much of what has been said here about it is not true for most patients. You have a few weeks on total liquids, then a few weeks on solid liquids and then begin to introduce soft foods and work you way back to eating normal foods in smaller doses. I never felt nausous at all nor have any of the people I met through a support group for the surgery. We must be careful and make sure we get in enough protein and other nutrients each day, especially in the first few years.

Is gastric bypass the easy way out? Yes and no. It was the easiest way I ever lost weight. Like most morbidly obese people, I have tried everything to lose the weight. I laugh when people say that I could have done the same with diet and exercise. Wow!! I never thought of that. I just thought having life risking surgery would be more fun. LOL Studies show morbidly obese people will most likely never lose the weight by diet and exercise. They can try all they want but, like skinny people, they will lose and then regain most and often more than was ever lost. The Yo Yo dieting is as dangerous to the body as being obese.

The lap band is great and is the gold standard in much of Europe where by pass is rarely done. For some reason it fails often here in the States. It could be because the doctors who perform the surgery are not yet skilled enough to manage it. It could be because the patients are not patient enough to accept the slower loss. Most insurance companies will not cover it since the failure rate is so high. Then you have to have the time and money to cover all the follow up visits to have them inject, through the abdomen, solution into the band to make it tighter. The process is slow for most people. I do hope they keep working on it though. It would be great if people could have this option instead of major surgery and have it work.

So yes I took the easy way. But there is no shame in it for me. Most people would take the easy option when offered choice. I have never heard anyone say, "no thanks. I don't want a washing machine. I'd rather suffer and do my wash by hand." LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information