Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: REAL Celebrity Sizes (again)

Gold Member

When I visited England, I was shocked at how few obese people I saw. I blame the bland food- sorry, Brits! But it is bland compared to the spicy, rich, delicious food of the South. Southerners enjoy food way too much, but Brits are much healthier!
    A British friend once visited and ate Texas barbecue. He enjoyed it immensely until he became sick for the next 24 hours. His stomach just wasn't ready for it.
    (This was in response to Pandora.)

Quote Originally Posted by leigh View Post
    When I visited England, I was shocked at how few obese people I saw. I blame the bland food- sorry, Brits! But it is bland compared to the spicy, rich, delicious food of the South. Southerners enjoy food way too much, but Brits are much healthier!
    A British friend once visited and ate Texas barbecue. He enjoyed it immensely until he became sick for the next 24 hours. His stomach just wasn't ready for it.
    LOL! Yeah, I think a lot of our traditional cuisine IS considered bland. The usual meat and two veg style stuff often is.

But a lot of us do have a taste for the spices. There are 7,000 Indian restaurants here and it's our favourite takeaway. I LOVE Indian food. A lot of the reason Indian food is so popular here is that it's been part of the culture for decades and the spicy cooking came over here after the days of the colonies.

I'd like to try Southern food some day - it sounds delicious! I've never been to the US and New Orleans was always on my "must see" list.

I went to Iceland last year and everyone there is so tall and slim. The portions are a good bit smaller too, but I actually found it enough. Sadly, I'm one of those greedy guts - if it's on the plate, I'll eat it!

Bronze Member

I also just noticed that they listed Jennifer Lopez as a 6. LMAO.
    Why LMAO? She's a petite woman with a butt. Size 6 isn't that small - it's a UK 10. She is EASILY a size 6, I would say even less on top with the narrow shoulders and small chest.

mandy isnt a 10
    and some of these other sizes dont seem to fit..

Quote Originally Posted by leigh View Post
    LOL! I guess it depends where you were. In poorer areas you'll see more, if you were in London, not so many!

I moved from the South-West (from an affluent area) to the North East & was shocked by the weight of people (& I'm from the NE!).

I think that the clothing thing isn't as prevelent in Europe as people are more focused on health than weight. People cook from scratch instead of using convenience foods, although this is changing.

As for the clothes - sizes also change garment to garment , within the same size in my experience. Obviously this is at the cheaper end of the market.
    I usually buy my clothes from TK Maxx (TJ Maxx to you americans); as I can buy german brand clothing. English brand clothing is always cut too slim in the hips & too wide in the waist for me! Also, they have decent clothes in bigger sizes. Damn my Polish/German genes!

I am quite small just under 5ft and I am a size 0. But I must work at it. I exercise 6 days a week and eat healthy. I do treat myself though. All of the stick thin anorexic models that clain to be 105lbs and 5ft 10inches are full of it!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information