Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raven Symone: That's So Raven

Default Re: Raven Symone: That's So Raven

she used to be so cute until she porked out...now she's pushing 200 lbs of doughnut oil. not a healthy role model if you ask me but she is talented so i hope she'll stop being lazy and get rid of the chunk in her trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    What? You can't see the plaque building up in her arteries? It's hard to see through the 200 lbs. of fat, though. I don't think this is better or worse than being anorexic. You are still ruining your body either with too much or not enough food.
    fair enough. but the anorexics are still considered attractive by most people and fat people aren't.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Depends what culture you belong to
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by FierceKiten View Post
    She's made it very clear that she doesnt wanna follow the thin train. She want to eat what she wants and she also want to become a chef.
    Yet when you're only that age and THAT overweight, you SHOULD watch what you eat, or you'll end up huge and dead by 40 if you stick to that mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveofus View Post
    Her taste in clothes isn't the best but I think she looks great in terms of weight. She looks healthy -- what a concept.
    I'm not picking on you personally fiveofus, but I think people/parents thinking that this weight is 'healthy' is the reason why tons of kids are overweight and obese these days. Fat does not = healthy.

I went back and looked at the picture again. Some of them she looks really healthy and then some she looks too big to be healthy. I don't know which ones are current though.
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

I love how comfortable she is with herself, It is better than the monotony of skinny celebrities one after the other

Kudos to her for liking her body

KD
    Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I remember on Cosby when Raven came on. I felt sorry for the little girl who played Rudy (what's her name?) because Raven mercilessly flung cuteness all over the place, while Rudy was going through a rather uncute, awkward phase. Rudy, as the cute one, had been uncerimoniously dumped & replaced. However, now that they're both older, Rudy (lemme google that name) Keisha Knight-Pulliam has become completely beautiful, while Raven really isn't.

Raven is cute, and can look quite good, but she's no beauty. However, career-wise, I suppose she's done the better of the two.
    ITA. Rudy was rather homely and Raven was one of the cutest little girls on TV. And while I agree that *Rudy* has grown up GORGEOUS, Raven is also beautiful. She is heavy, but I still see her as beautiful. She also seems to have a cute personality.

Elite Member

As someone with a young daughter who watches Disney channel all the time, I am jumping in to comment on Raven.

Her weight does fluctuate and she has made no bones about the fact that she loves to eat and cook (she'd love to be a chef). Her weight went up and she is top heavy, but lately it has come back down. A lot of it is clothing choices -- she does wear some things that make her look a lot heavier -- like gathered skirts -- they add a lot of pounds.

I am not saying she needs to watch what she eats -- most of us do. I also think she knows this -- she's no fool -- don't we all know when we've put on a few extra pounds? She isn't a manatee or pushing 200 lbs. I think she's a beautiful, talented young woman, and I certainly prefer her to the stick-thin coke addicts that populate these pages.

i have to agree with tulip. Raven imo, is a wonderful role model for pre-teen girls. my daughter just loves her
    Coffee is my happy drug

I think she's pretty. No one has to be thin to be beautiful. I like her style too. I hope Hollywood doesn't come down on her too much to lose weight or get a breast reduction.
    I did hate her character on the Cosby Show. All winey and shiii...

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I am not saying she needs to watch what she eats -- most of us do. I also think she knows this -- she's no fool -- don't we all know when we've put on a few extra pounds? She isn't a manatee or pushing 200 lbs. I think she's a beautiful, talented young woman, and I certainly prefer her to the stick-thin coke addicts that populate these pages.
    I think it's more like everyone needs to watch what they eat. My mother is a big eater, stick thin, but has high cholesterol levels. I have to say that I, even being stick thin as well, have to start watching what I eat, since I'm also a big eater and have mom and dad with high cholesterol levels. That's the danger about being thin: people usually relate things such as high cholesterol to heavier people, and think that just because they are thin, they're immune to that sort of problems. So it's not just about weight. I'm talking about her health, since she's obviously an apple and is too young to be that heavy on top. I'm not supporting starvation, just a trip to a nutritionist.

As for the beautiful and talented comment, ITA. She also seems to be very sweet and down-to-earth. My little sister is a big fan of hers too.

She's my favourite person on t.v, but I don't wanna sound like a hypocrite.

The reason I say that is because if I say that her weight is okay, then these skinny anorxeic looking women can turn it around and say that their look is healthy too.

The honest truth for me is that the skinny, overweight and obese looks are not healthy-full stop. I only realised that once I started losing weight myself.

But it is refreshing to see someone like myself on t.v. You know that you're not the only one like that.

So I know how hard it must be for Raven to have to exercise a lot. It does get tiring.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

SVZ

I like that Raven is a positive role model, but I don't think she's promoting a healthy lifestyle...SHE may be healthy, but another person at her weight may run the risk of heart disease, etc in the future because of their genes.

I also don't think she's pretty Her face is like a vulture's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information