Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ramos sisters had heart defects

Bronze Member

esmareldagrubb...in answer to your first question

Because I hate ignorance!

Nowhere in my posts have I ever stated that anorexia nervosa is not a deadly mental illness.
    My post is about the RAMOS SISTERS CASE only.

Why is it so important to you that these girls deaths were the result of anorexia?
    Could it be that you would like your prejudices confirmed?
    You are in good company. Most people do not want to know the TRUTH if it contradicts their preconcieved ideas.

'...you are so soaked in the model denial culture...'
    well ,you would know esmareldagrubb, as you're an expert on what I am or am not soaked in

eating like that and purging (I read somewhere one of the girls threw up if she ate more then tomatoes and lettuce )- does put significant stress on the heart. Any heart problem they had must have been made worse by the eating problems, don't you think?

Anyways either way, doesn't change the fact that models are killing themselves to be skinny

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoecho View Post
    esmareldagrubb...in answer to your first question

Because I hate ignorance!

Nowhere in my posts have I ever stated that anorexia nervosa is not a deadly mental illness.
    My post is about the RAMOS SISTERS CASE only.

Why is it so important to you that these girls deaths were the result of anorexia?
    Could it be that you would like your prejudices confirmed?
    You are in good company. Most people do not want to know the TRUTH if it contradicts their preconcieved ideas.

'...you are so soaked in the model denial culture...'
    well ,you would know esmareldagrubb, as you're an expert on what I am or am not soaked in
    You obviously have no idea about the medicine behind bulimia. Did you know that if you don't eat your body catabolizes muscle? That means your muscles eat themselves, and the heart is prime eating. So how could bulimia NOT have had an effect on their heat defects. You are ignorant and arguing blind.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Bronze Member

Greysfang....Who said anything about bulimia? 'Xcuse me, I prefer to believe the coroner. Guess a 'media cover up' ( read: conspiracy theory)is more satisfying to some...it can't be proved for a start. Oh and by the way, both girls were supporting their dirt poor parents - who were left without their income when the girls died - ever heard of chequebook journalism? Or are you going to tell me that people in extreme circumstances never distort the truth or tell journo's what they want to hear when offered money?
    I'm so ignorant that I'd rather believe a scientist than a lazy journo.

And I am so weary of self righteous people who (from their lofty perch) pontificate about ED's

nycgirly101....you are right, ED's are endemic in not only the fashion industry but in the ballet and sports industries. Luisa and Eliana would have done the same and it could not have helped their condition but in the end that was not what caused their deaths according to the coroner. The cause of death was reported correctly in La Pais but by the time it was picked up by the western news wire (3 days later) the cause of death had mysteriously changed. Stimulants (i.e. cocaine) are also endemic in the fashion industry, if the girls indulged before shows as many models do, that also could not have helped. They would hardly have told their parents
    Last edited by xiaoecho; March 12th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.

God, another frothing Fashion industry protector.

Give me a break.

A diet coke and lettuce diet WILL DEPRIVE YOUR BODY OF NEEDED VITAMINS AND MINERALS necessary for electrical transmission of autonomous function impulses. Ie, heart pumping.

Wanna see what a drastic fall in potassium will do to you? Your heart will stop beating properly, and you die. A drastic fall in potassium happens when you don't take in enough nutrients, and will compound any heart issue aleady at hand, AND when you couple that with starvation mode brought on by eatin disorders...

Sorry kid, her lifestyle did her in.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

^^^^ God, more pontificating from the models are too skinny police

They ARE too skinny, a number of them drop dead from eating disorders directly related to their profession each year, and it's an established fact that said profession directly and indirectly encourages such behavior due to the 'standards' that are applied to said models.

It's reality, it has been for a long time, grow up and deal with it. It just IS.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Bronze Member

Grow up and deal with what...your problem?

Yes, my problem, exactly.

Oh no wait, how about the documented and widespread problem of fashion models being chronically underweight and terribly prone to eating disorders brought on by the rigors of their profession?

Oh right, and the ones that die from it.

That problem? Yeah, that's the one you need to acknowledge existing instead of pandering this apologist garbage.

Just a thought. Perhaps one more lettuce leaf will help you absorb it?

Bronze Member

What has your rant got to do with the coroners findings in the Ramos case?

Demonising and insulting me is not going to change the current ideal of beauty as promoted by the hundreds of thousands of people who work in the industry. As you said 'It just IS' Because I choose not to become hysterical about it does not make me all the insulting things I have been called on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoecho View Post
    What has your rant got to do with the coroners findings in the Ramos case?
    That its full of crap, mostly. The girl had an ED which would exacerbate any cardiac issues she had, to the point of mortality.

Demonising and insulting me is not going to change the current ideal of beauty as promoted by the hundreds of thousands of people who work in the industry.
    No, but pointing out ridiculous things like "Oh she had a heart defect, that's why she croaked" instead of looking at the LARGER picture of systemic corporeal abuse which either caused, or brought to prominence, said defect, resulting in death.

It's almost as if you went "AHA! now people will lay off super skinny models and those that promote such ideals with all the eating disorder inherent! My work is done! Let the celebration of starved models continue!"

As you said 'It just IS' Because I choose not to become hysterical about it does not make me all the insulting things I have been called on this thread
    I haven't called you jack shit, and you're not hysterical or even concerned because, as noted, you want people to lay off the starved looking models and those that push said horrid ideal.

xiaoecho- whats your stance on super underweight/stick skinny models and what they go through to stay so thin? I'm just curious, don't mean to be rude. But it seems like you're very defensive about it- do you work in the fashion industry?

^^ I thin kshe's Anna Wintour in cognito.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

If she was Anna Wintour, the whole board would have gone up in flames.

Bronze Member

Feel better kiddies?

Now go and stand in the corner and face the wall until you learn some manners!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information