Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Zoe responds to skinny talk

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    You. It's clear already that Witch does.
    I grew up in Elizabeth(it was ALOT better then).I'm in Middlesex area now,and have worked all over.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

OK - I grew up in Hunterdon County (awesome horse country on the Morris County border) but went to a private high school and a college where I was forced to mix with the Millburn/Short Hills crowd. That crowd is really something.

Oh yeah.Sometimes my friends drag me to the mall there,and I HATE it.The shoppers and employees.

My brother used to work at the old Saks in Millburn.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Yup, My dad moved to Essex Fells about 9 years ago, when he and my stepmother had twins. They are counting the days till the kids go off to college so they can move back to NYC.

Short Hills is a trip, there was an ad in the real estate section a few months ago that my dad found funny, it was like '5 bedroom colonial, 6 baths, in ground pool, brand new top of the line european kitchen-never used'. That's Short Hills in a nutshell

Hunterdon County is really nice Qwerty, some of the prettiest land in the area.

Mrs V, I have cousins that grew up in Linden. You guys were neighbors.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Despite its pretention, I actually like that mall. It's fun to rich people watch at the very least. I don't get there often because I don't live in the state but I'll probably make a trip when I visit family during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yup, My dad moved to Essex Fells about 9 years ago, when he and my stepmother had twins. They are counting the days till the kids go off to college so they can move back to NYC.

Short Hills is a trip, there was an ad in the real estate section a few months ago that my dad found funny, it was like '5 bedroom colonial, 6 baths, in ground pool, brand new top of the line european kitchen-never used'. That's Short Hills in a nutshell

Hunterdon County is really nice Qwerty, some of the prettiest land in the area.

Mrs V, I have cousins that grew up in Linden. You guys were neighbors.
    Isn't Essex Fells kind of like Short Hills or Millburn? I always thought it was a ritzy town.

You're not kidding about Short Hills. Wonder how many there have been affected by the Madoff scandal.

Yeah, I realize now that I was very lucky to have grown up where I did. But when you're going to high school in another county and when your friends and every place worthwhile to go (as a teenager) are at least 40 minutes away, it was hard to appreciate as a kid.
    Last edited by qwerty; December 18th, 2008 at 08:16 AM.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i know the Lake Hopatkong area

^^I have an early childhood connection to that area.
    Last edited by qwerty; December 18th, 2008 at 09:00 AM.

Isn't Essex Fells kind of like Short Hills or Millburn? I always thought it was a ritzy town.

You're not kidding about Short Hills. Wonder how many there have been affected by the Madoff scandal.

Yeah, I realize now that I was very lucky to have grown up where I did. But when you're going to high school in another county and when your friends and every place worthwhile to go (as a teenager) are at least 40 minutes away, it was hard to appreciate as a kid.
    Yes, Essex Fells is a bit snooty. They moved for the schools, etc. I never thought my father would leave NYC, but when he and my stepmother had children they thought the suburbs would be better. Now they hate it. They're sending the kids to sleepaway camp this summer and sub-let a place in the city for two months. They're dying to get back to living here.

My mom is in NJ now too. Monmouth County. It's weird that my parents went suburban after my brother and I were raised in the city.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^^I have an early childhood connection to that area.
    we prolly swam in that lake together as kids

czb

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, Essex Fells is a bit snooty. They moved for the schools, etc. I never thought my father would leave NYC, but when he and my stepmother had children they thought the suburbs would be better. Now they hate it. They're sending the kids to sleepaway camp this summer and sub-let a place in the city for two months. They're dying to get back to living here.

My mom is in NJ now too. Monmouth County. It's weird that my parents went suburban after my brother and I were raised in the city.
    monmouth county is as far from nyc as you can get, but at least you're closer to the shore. have never been to essex fells but the few peeps i met from there gave me the impression it was pretty snooty, more than even short hills.

^^Probably, I did swim in Lake Hopatcong a few times as a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    monmouth county is as far from nyc as you can get, but at least you're closer to the shore. have never been to essex fells but the few peeps i met from there gave me the impression it was pretty snooty, more than even short hills.
    Monmouth County is considered part of suburban New York. I know several people from Red Bank and Rumson who commute to NYC daily. I I believe there is a direct train line from Red Bank to Penn Station. I always had it far away in my mind too but someone told me (IIRC) that the train ride was about an hour into NY. Yet I grew up 57 miles outside of Manhattan but had to take two different train lines to get onto the island. That could easily take two hours. Exurban life was a pain at times.

Many parts of Monmouth County are considered ritzy as well. NJ gets such a bum wrap but it's actually home to some of the most breathtaking scenery in the country and a sizeable number of the country's richest people. It's a state with a bit of everything!

CZB, what is your NJ connection?

^^Probably, I did swim in Lake Hopatcong a few times as a little kid.
    Is that near Camp Chippewa?

sorry, couldn't resist... its the names....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    It's really teeny-tiny and more WASP-y than Short Hills.

I really like Montclair in that area, it's a little more funky than the rest of the towns.

There are still a lot of wasp-y towns in NJ. Somerset county is full of them. Preppies everywhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information