Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rachel Zoe calls eating disorder rumors "silly"

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    Where does she get the energy to even leave her bed?
    My guess? Caffeine and Adderall
    ...And if you believe the rumors that were circulating back when she first became "popular"/well-known - Meth.

Maybe the mammas of the board can help me with these random questions I have:
    I don't know a lot about pregnancy first-hand (I have yet to experience the gift of creating life/carrying/giving birth myself, one day hopefully ) but, with how she's treated her body over the years - I wonder if she did/was able to breast feed?

I can't imagine that if she was itching to get the baby weight off quickly, and (if) using medication/pills to do so, or even starving herself - that those actions wouldn't be best while breast-feeding your child. Which, as I understand it - breastfeeding over time itself helps (in one way or another) with "baby-weight" loss.

How can you give your child the nutrients it needs, if you don't even have enough to sustain your own body?

I mean, like at these beautiful little humans... They need their momma
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; February 7th, 2016 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Added Visuals....
    snoopqueen likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Well, it's very likely she didn't or couldn't breast feed her kids. Being as thin as she is, plus working a pretty demanding schedule might have made it hard. But, and this is important, it's ok if her kids were bottle fed.

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    Well, it's very likely she didn't or couldn't breast feed her kids. Being as thin as she is, plus working a pretty demanding schedule might have made it hard. But, and this is important, it's ok if her kids were bottle fed.
    Gotcha. I was just curious with her situation specifically, how her body looks.

I understand that breast feeding is the most recommended choice (for obvious reasons), but I also agree that bottle/formula feeding is ok (just as good nutrient-wise) too. I don't judge others for formula/bottle feeding. It could be a personal choice, or it could because of a medical reason - a friend of mine had some sort of lactation failure (I don't know the official medical term for it) and had no choice but to bottle feed.

I don't understand why some people (in a general sense) are so adamant about breast feeding to a point where they judge/berate others for not doing so.
    I saw this first-hand going out with my friend and her newborn. For some random reason, while we were eating lunch, and my friend was feeding her daughter, a stranger walked up to our table and gave us (her) a lecture about breast vs. bottle, and hinted she that she was some type of "bad mom" for bottle feeding - not knowing my friend had that^ condition. Needless to say we made her (the stranger) feel really stupid by the end of the convo. I hope she learned her lesson in spewing unsolicited opinions/judgement to people she didn't know.

Anyway, back on topic...
    Last edited by SoCalMarie; February 8th, 2016 at 12:59 AM.
    NickiDrea likes this.

Starving women in 3rd world countries get pregnant, and breast feed their children everyday. Adderall may make you lose some weight initially but your body adjusts in time, and you would have to keep increasing the dosage to excessive amounts for it to make you that thin.
    Charmed Hour and Annika like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Good points ^

I'm far from a lactation-nazi, but bottle-feeding is not 'just as good' nutrient wise. It's more than sufficient. Certainly nothing to beat yourself up over if it's a choice that needs to be made for the baby to get what it needs.

But if the primary reason you aren't breastfeeding is specifically so you can immediately become as thin as possible via starving yourself and starting popping Adderall, then you, my bug-eyed, wrinkle-mouthed fashionista, are a selfish heffer.
    Last edited by MsDark; April 14th, 2016 at 10:49 PM.
    Kittylady, sluce and Seapharris7 like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

isn't breastfeeding, besides nutrition, which is supplied quite well with a formula, more about passing some sort of immunity to your child? like your kids is sorta protected in an extra way from the antibodies you have, to whatever can make a kid sick.

i know that was all vague and weird. i can google it, but sometimes it's hard to know if i'm reading real info or hardcore health nazi propaganda, eg. "monsanto gmo soybeans are killing your children who drink formula!"*

*usually with 'you won't believe what happened' bullshit clickbait ads on the side of the article.

Yes you pass along antibodies when you breast feed.
    Annika likes this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information