Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Um, doll. She didn't gain the weight to get the roll...
    Doll?!? Ok Grandma, thanks for clearing that up for me

Why call someone Grandma because they used a term of endearment?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

So many threads have been going there lately.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

My point was I see many obese women with pretty faces who seem oblivious to their weight issues.
    I think that really trivializes the issues obese people have. Are you saying that because a woman has a pretty face it allows her to overlook the fact that she's become obese? How is that even possible? Even if she only looked at herself from the waist up. Or because she has a pretty face she feels that her weight doesn't matter? "I'm pretty. Who cares if I'm overweight." What about when they buy clothes? I bet they realize that they are obese then.

That just makes no sense to me. I imagine that people who become morbidly obese have serious issues, be it health or psychological, that greatly contribute to their weight gain.

And really, how do you know that these obese pretty women are oblivious to their weight? Did you speak with each of them to find this out?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    I think that really trivializes the issues obese people have. Are you saying that because a woman has a pretty face it allows her to overlook the fact that she's become obese? How is that even possible? Even if she only looked at herself from the waist up. Or because she has a pretty face she feels that her weight doesn't matter? "I'm pretty. Who cares if I'm overweight." What about when they buy clothes? I bet they realize that they are obese then.

That just makes no sense to me. I imagine that people who become morbidly obese have serious issues, be it health or psychological, that greatly contribute to their weight gain.

And really, how do you know that these obese pretty women are oblivious to their weight? Did you speak with each of them to find this out?

Um, no I didn't speak to each and every one of them. And I think it's pretty obvious I'm just tossing out an opinion here not trying to get goverment funding for an intended program or something. Chill out.

LOL

I've noticed many times that very obese women will have pretty faces. I don't see how a woman could let herself get past say 200 pounds without freaking out. (roughly because different sizes etc) but when we're talking in these high high numbers I've noticed that the women, to me, are pretty in the face.

So yes I think it is easy for women to just look in the bathroom mirror and ignore what doesn't reflect. I think it is part of the psychological part of the denial.

Do I think I'm 100 percent right? No. Am I asking everyone to agree with me? No. I'm just making an observation, not trying to get a consensus.

^^Do you realize that your observations are weird and bizarre sounding?
    Last edited by Lalique; January 2nd, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    ^^Fuck me harder.. we all don't hoard food. We all aren't secret eaters. We all don't wish and pray we were thin. We all don't lie about what we eat. If I'm going to have a porterhouse, mushrooms, and a salad.. I'm going to have it out or at home. If I'm out and I get a salad... That's what want to eat.. Ain't this some shit..
    Bravo Diva

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieBlue View Post
    From the look of her, I dont think dieting has played *that* big a part in her life
    Soooo... you're totaly discounting that if she's been dieting since she was 6 that she has both an eating disorder, and psych issues? plus in all likelihood she's fucked over her metabolism.....

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    And here you are, getting twisted. What's missing? And, since when did having a different opinion require being labeled as being "twisted"?
    So many reasons.... so little time....

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieBlue View Post
    Doll?!? Ok Grandma, thanks for clearing that up for me
    I can see that you're not likely to last long here.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post

I'm heavier than I should be - my weight yoyos; but while its yoyoing I was busy dealing with other health issues.... (and no, for the others, they weren't created by my weight since I'd had problems since I was in my 20s & slim all the time).

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    Um, no I didn't speak to each and every one of them. And I think it's pretty obvious I'm just tossing out an opinion here not trying to get goverment funding for an intended program or something. Chill out.

I've noticed many times that very obese women will have pretty faces. I don't see how a woman could let herself get past say 200 pounds without freaking out. (roughly because different sizes etc) but when we're talking in these high high numbers I've noticed that the women, to me, are pretty in the face.
    Erm.. because they're dealing with other shit in their lives? Because they have an illness? Because some people's self worth doesn't decrease when the numbers of the scale increase? I can tell that you didn't do your Masters in Women's Issues.

So yes I think it is easy for women to just look in the bathroom mirror and ignore what doesn't reflect. I think it is part of the psychological part of the denial.
    Who's in denial???

Do I think I'm 100 percent right? No. Am I asking everyone to agree with me? No. I'm just making an observation, not trying to get a consensus.
    but thats ok since everyone that disagrees with you is on ignore....

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    ^^Do you realize that your observations are weird and bizzarre sounding?
    and frequently incomprehensible? Nope, I doubt it.

Novice, that was beautiful multi-quoting but sadly, I think you are probably on ignore (along with most of the other GR members)
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Forum of one!

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Novice, that was beautiful multi-quoting but sadly, I think you are probably on ignore (along with most of the other GR members)
    Aw! Thanks Chick! I thought it was about time we had the pot/kettle picture, too.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Forum of one!
    But that way everyone agrees with him/her

That's OK. The rest of us get Oreos.

I'll share part of my cookie hoard with y'all--Girl Scout cookies for all!

have you got any of those minty ones? They're devil's food they are!

LOL

Maybe, it's not for you to understand. Maybe you are suppose to be ignorant to how OTHER women live their lives. You believe that a heavy woman only look at her pretty face, so she ignores the rest. You don't think she bathes, lotions, perfumes, and dress herself, DAILY!! To know that she's fat?? You seriously are mistaken. Plus, some fat pretty faces have double, triple, or quadruple chins...
    knowledge is POWER! I don't think you are that observant!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information