Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I did too. It turned out that she was hording cookies, etc. hiding them around the house, and then eating at night and when alone during the day. It's not just alcoholics who exhibit this behavior.

I had a friend who did the same. Very fat. She would eat in front of us though and not remember doing it. Like a whole package of oreo cookies and then say she ate two cookies? It was strange.

No shit sherlock- to the "she is morbidly obese" comment

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieBlue View Post
    Hmmm maybe not but I'd choose my health over a film role any day.
    Um, doll. She didn't gain the weight to get the roll...

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    I had a friend who did the same. Very fat. She would eat in front of us though and not remember doing it. Like a whole package of oreo cookies and then say she ate two cookies? It was strange.
    Maybe it was the company she was keeping!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    No shit sherlock- to the "she is morbidly obese" comment
    I don't think that fact, and its ramifications, are obvious to everyone.

I've read that she weighs 350 lbs. Don't know how tall she is, but if she's under 6'1", she'd be considered super obese (BMI over 45). That's a step above morbidly obese.

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    Maybe it was the company she was keeping!
    I guess it was a choice between the oreos and murderous rage. I'd go for the latter.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Gold Member

So people who are overweight eat secretly and hoard food? I think you are confusing eating disorders.
    You sound like a judgemental person to me and to claim that women become obese because they have a pretty face so don't have to care is utter tripe. I suppose you think that overweight people don't wash or brush their hair either

I'm a nice girl but if I had a "friend" like you , you'd be gone sharpish.

It's obvious she is fat, but I don't view her as any less healthy than those anorexic chicks. At least she is attempting to do something about the issue as she's already lost some weight.

She probably does eat a lot of the wrong foods and isn't active enough, but she is also probably genetically prone to carrying extra weight. Something she'll always struggle with.

Whatever the case, I bet she's a lot more pleasant to be around than some miserable junkie hag who's always scowling because she's so damn weak and hungry.

When it comes to obese and morbidly obese people, one of the things they tend to do is severely underestimate the calories they consume. I know when I had weight problems, I'd kid myself by thinking I ate 'normally' yet when I analyzed my diet, it was full of bad stuff and fast foods.

It used to be obese people would claim that they ate 'normally.' Blamed their problems on metabolism and whatnot. But with things like documentaries about obese people on the TLC channel, I think they must realize that no one's believing this excuse anymore. It's like a scientific impossibility to create mass/fat from nothing. On one if those TLC programs, they actually showed how much these morbidly obese people ate per day, and it was grotesque. Literally tens of thousands of calories of the most unhealthy fast and junk food available.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ742Da8T2o[/YOUTUBE]

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    So people who are overweight eat secretly and hoard food? I think you are confusing eating disorders.
    You sound like a judgemental person to me and to claim that women become obese because they have a pretty face so don't have to care is utter tripe. I suppose you think that overweight people don't wash or brush their hair either

I'm a nice girl but if I had a "friend" like you , you'd be gone sharpish.

Ok so we're agreed then. My take is getting twisted over posts on a message board is a sign that something is missing in real life. Another one to the ignore list. It is remarkable what a difference it makes on this site. Some sites you still see the post but on this one , gone with the fricking wind.

My point was I see many obese women with pretty faces who seem oblivious to their weight issues. When I walk in the bathroom it is pretty easy to ignore what shows up below the tits because I don't much see it. I've often wondered how a woman could let herself get to this level. For me, weight makes a huge difference in my face. I don't look as attractive with even ten pounds on. So I've never understood how women could let themselves go so far. But what I'm noticing is a pattern of pretty faces with huge bodies. So I'm wondering if women don't really pay attention to what goes on below the waist.

But ya' know, you and Diva are right because Denial is never an issue with obese women.

If you don't understand the point that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

celeb 2006

Interesting post. It's sad but denial runs quite deep in many disorders. Eating disorders is just one of them. I would wager if you ask any recovered obese eater, denial of consumed food is just a totally obvious start point.

Okay here's my two cents...I see a big difference between her and someone like Pierce Brosnan's wife. Its really the way that its carried that makes me think of the health implications. Pierce's wife is overweight but (to me) she carries it in such a way that she still looks like she's moderately okay. I can see a lot of muscle tone still in her body - she's carrying extra weight but she just looks kind of bigger all over - she still has that muscle in her legs and the like that makes it seem like she isn't completely out of shape - on other words, its completely absurd to try to figure out what her overall health is like. This is just fat, all over. And while I'm very happy that she's secure in her body (and it IS possible at any weight to like yourself!), at her weight I would be worried about possible health risks. Just looking at all the weight she carries around her neck and face makes me worry about all kinds of terrible things like sleep apnea and the like. She definitely does NOT need to be a size eight or a ten, but I think she would benefit from losing a bit of weight. But then again, she probably knows this as well. So good for her for liking herself, thats hard for women of all shapes and sizes to genuinely feel. And I think she's a really cute girl, I wouldn't want her to look cookie cutter or generic, or bend to the Hollywood machine - she just needs to tighten up and try to lose a little bit of weight - and not for anyone else but herself, so she's safe in the long run.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Ok so we're agreed then. My take is getting twisted over posts on a message board is a sign that something is missing in real life. Another one to the ignore list. It is remarkable what a difference it makes on this site. Some sites you still see the post but on this one , gone with the fricking wind.

My point was I see many obese women with pretty faces who seem oblivious to their weight issues. When I walk in the bathroom it is pretty easy to ignore what shows up below the tits because I don't much see it. I've often wondered how a woman could let herself get to this level. For me, weight makes a huge difference in my face. I don't look as attractive with even ten pounds on. So I've never understood how women could let themselves go so far. But what I'm noticing is a pattern of pretty faces with huge bodies. So I'm wondering if women don't really pay attention to what goes on below the waist.

But ya' know, you and Diva are right because Denial is never an issue with obese women.

celeb 2006

Interesting post. It's sad but denial runs quite deep in many disorders. Eating disorders is just one of them. I would wager if you ask any recovered obese eater, denial of consumed food is just a totally obvious start point.
    If you keep adding people to ignore because they are calling you out on your nonsensical posts,you will have nothing left to read here.

But I'm sure you can't read this anyway,right?
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Celeb, even though they do exist...they are at a minimum...

celeb 2006

You know for someone who gets so wrapped up emotionally in shit that happens on a message board, you should be the one concerned about your denials and delusions of grander!! PhD my fat ass..now where are my imaginary oreo cookies I'm hoarding... Maybe they are with my masters!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I am with Mrs V if you ignore everyone who disagrees with you what is the point, do you enjoy talking to yourself? Diva get the hell out of my cookies
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My take is getting twisted over posts on a message board is a sign that something is missing in real life.
    And here you are, getting twisted. What's missing? And, since when did having a different opinion require being labeled as being "twisted"?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information