Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 209

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

  1. #16
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Sorry to be mean, I'm sure she's a sweet girl... but looks like she'd smother if she tried to lean down to tie her shoes. Not good.

  2. #17
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    There is a difference between having confidence and being so large that yout health is as risk. It should be her choice what to do about her weight but I think it's the wrong message to send out in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    That's great she feels better about herself and all, but she is seriously unhealthy. I don't think it's admirable or responsible to advocate obesity.
    And I don't really believe she feels good about herself.

  3. #18
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    just saw on another site that she has already lost 25 lbs

  4. #19
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    It is so important to be comfortable in your skin and to have a positive body image. However, at a certain point you should be more concerned with health than vanity. She should want to lose weight so she can live a long and healthy life.

    I agree with you and Honey. Even though part of me wants to applaud her confidence, another part of me feels sorry for her. She has a beautiful face though and I think that's a lot of the reason fat people can get so obese because if you look in the mirror and you are still pretty you don't really need to concern yourself with the whole body. It seems like a great deal of obese women have very pretty faces. Maybe that's the problem.

  5. #20
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I have a friend that size who eats healthily and exercises regularly. Some women just ARE that size...even if they are healthy.
    I did too. It turned out that she was hording cookies, etc. hiding them around the house, and then eating at night and when alone during the day. It's not just alcoholics who exhibit this behavior.

  6. #21
    Gold Member 00Kimmi00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Koalaland
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    ^ Yeh, I've also noticed that when you see large people eating in shopping malls, alot of the time it's healthy food...I suspect that the thinner people go out to eat and have crap food, but eat healthy at home...the bigger people eat healthy when they go out but eat crap at home.

  7. #22
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    ^^Fuck me harder.. we all don't hoard food. We all aren't secret eaters. We all don't wish and pray we were thin. We all don't lie about what we eat. If I'm going to have a porterhouse, mushrooms, and a salad.. I'm going to have it out or at home. If I'm out and I get a salad... That's what want to eat.. Ain't this some shit..

    Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    I agree with you and Honey. Even though part of me wants to applaud her confidence, another part of me feels sorry for her. She has a beautiful face though and I think that's a lot of the reason fat people can get so obese because if you look in the mirror and you are still pretty you don't really need to concern yourself with the whole body. It seems like a great deal of obese women have very pretty faces. Maybe that's the problem.
    Oh fuck!

    Are you serious? So you think fat women are that way because they have pretty faces, so they say fuck the rest?? Do you even believe the shit that you say here? Fat women aren't delusional!! There are ugly ass fat chicks, just as there are ugly ass small chicks. Being pretty has not a fucking thing to do with it!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  8. #23
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    Amen Diva, couldn't agree with you more. I was thin for years, got old, gained weight, I'm the same person I ever was.

  9. #24
    Elite Member sweetness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    southeastern U.S.
    Posts
    11,486

    Default

    Good for her! When looking at her pic in the Famous Style thread, I thought she did look a bit slimmer:


  10. #25
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,540

    Default

    Diva, I'm not saying all obese people are horders. And while it's certainly hard to loose weight, for anyone....the inescapable fact is that if a person eats ABC# of carbs/calories they are going to weigh less than someone who eats ABCx5...unless they are someone like Michael Phelps swimming 12 hours daily.

  11. #26
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Diva, I'm not saying all obese people are horders. And while it's certainly hard to loose weight, for anyone....the inescapable fact is that if a person eats ABC# of carbs/calories they are going to weigh less than someone who eats ABCx5...unless they are someone like Michael Phelps swimming 12 hours daily.
    Huh?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  12. #27
    Bronze Member RoxieBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    61

    Default

    From the look of her, I dont think dieting has played *that* big a part in her life

  13. #28
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,753

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoxieBlue View Post
    From the look of her, I dont think dieting has played *that* big a part in her life
    No shit! If it had she wouldn't have been able to play "Precious!!" When they were casting the role, they looked for a 300lb black actress..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  14. #29
    Bronze Member RoxieBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Hmmm maybe not but I'd choose my health over a film role any day.

  15. #30
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    33,259

    Default

    She is morbidly obese.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "Precious" actress Gabourey Sidibe in purple
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2009, 02:16 PM
  2. Gabourey Sidibe at David Letterman
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: November 18th, 2009, 08:09 AM
  3. Gabourey Sidibe: "Precious" star
    By olivia720 in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 31st, 2007, 01:22 PM
  5. Gemma Ward - "Esprique Precious" Advertisements
    By stef in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 17th, 2007, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •