Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

Sorry to be mean, I'm sure she's a sweet girl... but looks like she'd smother if she tried to lean down to tie her shoes. Not good.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    There is a difference between having confidence and being so large that yout health is as risk. It should be her choice what to do about her weight but I think it's the wrong message to send out in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgers! View Post
    That's great she feels better about herself and all, but she is seriously unhealthy. I don't think it's admirable or responsible to advocate obesity.
    And I don't really believe she feels good about herself.

just saw on another site that she has already lost 25 lbs

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    It is so important to be comfortable in your skin and to have a positive body image. However, at a certain point you should be more concerned with health than vanity. She should want to lose weight so she can live a long and healthy life.

I agree with you and Honey. Even though part of me wants to applaud her confidence, another part of me feels sorry for her. She has a beautiful face though and I think that's a lot of the reason fat people can get so obese because if you look in the mirror and you are still pretty you don't really need to concern yourself with the whole body. It seems like a great deal of obese women have very pretty faces. Maybe that's the problem.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    I have a friend that size who eats healthily and exercises regularly. Some women just ARE that size...even if they are healthy.
    I did too. It turned out that she was hording cookies, etc. hiding them around the house, and then eating at night and when alone during the day. It's not just alcoholics who exhibit this behavior.

^ Yeh, I've also noticed that when you see large people eating in shopping malls, alot of the time it's healthy food...I suspect that the thinner people go out to eat and have crap food, but eat healthy at home...the bigger people eat healthy when they go out but eat crap at home.

^^Fuck me harder.. we all don't hoard food. We all aren't secret eaters. We all don't wish and pray we were thin. We all don't lie about what we eat. If I'm going to have a porterhouse, mushrooms, and a salad.. I'm going to have it out or at home. If I'm out and I get a salad... That's what want to eat.. Ain't this some shit..

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    I agree with you and Honey. Even though part of me wants to applaud her confidence, another part of me feels sorry for her. She has a beautiful face though and I think that's a lot of the reason fat people can get so obese because if you look in the mirror and you are still pretty you don't really need to concern yourself with the whole body. It seems like a great deal of obese women have very pretty faces. Maybe that's the problem.
    Oh fuck!

Are you serious? So you think fat women are that way because they have pretty faces, so they say fuck the rest?? Do you even believe the shit that you say here? Fat women aren't delusional!! There are ugly ass fat chicks, just as there are ugly ass small chicks. Being pretty has not a fucking thing to do with it!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Amen Diva, couldn't agree with you more. I was thin for years, got old, gained weight, I'm the same person I ever was.

Good for her! When looking at her pic in the Famous Style thread, I thought she did look a bit slimmer:

Elite Member

Diva, I'm not saying all obese people are horders. And while it's certainly hard to loose weight, for anyone....the inescapable fact is that if a person eats ABC# of carbs/calories they are going to weigh less than someone who eats ABCx5...unless they are someone like Michael Phelps swimming 12 hours daily.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Diva, I'm not saying all obese people are horders. And while it's certainly hard to loose weight, for anyone....the inescapable fact is that if a person eats ABC# of carbs/calories they are going to weigh less than someone who eats ABCx5...unless they are someone like Michael Phelps swimming 12 hours daily.
    Huh?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

From the look of her, I dont think dieting has played *that* big a part in her life

Quote Originally Posted by RoxieBlue View Post
    From the look of her, I dont think dieting has played *that* big a part in her life
    No shit! If it had she wouldn't have been able to play "Precious!!" When they were casting the role, they looked for a 300lb black actress..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

Hmmm maybe not but I'd choose my health over a film role any day.

She is morbidly obese.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information