Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    But is Ricky Lake getting any work? I haven't seen or heard from her lately..............
    Rikki has been busy, she produced a doc on home births and made the PR rounds for it.

Quote Originally Posted by deadsexy View Post
    I hope she helps to change some of the stereo types we have and those in Hollywood have ...... She is a great role model for EVERYONE
    except responsible eaters
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Americans tend to put way too much garlic into everything these days, too. I think they think it makes them seem sophisticated and European, when all it does is show they don't have any knowledge about flavoring fresh food so you can actually taste the ingredients under the garlic. It's bizarre. If they see a recipe calling for one clove, they think six is better. They don't understand moderation. More is always better. More butter, more salt, more pasta, more cheese, more meat. More. More. More. Then they wonder why they need cranes to lift them out of their houses when they become super morbidly obese.
    Generalize much? What a stupid post.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Rikki has been busy, she produced a doc on home births and made the PR rounds for it.
    But NOT as a leading lady or romantic interest in a TV movie or theatrical film?

fgg

can someone PLEASE get the pics of gabby that lainey had in her post about gabby on SNL?

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    except responsible eaters
    Exactly, I can't help but be horrified when people talk about gabby as being a great role model. Sure she has great self confidence, but she is someone's who's health is seriously in danger. If someone was clearly anorexic, but had confidence and didn't care what anyone thought about his or her's body, we would not hold that person up as a role model for their "attitude" about their body image. Obesity should be seem with the same horror as any eating disorder is seen with.

I mean I do applaud gabby for not letting H-wood's standards get her down, that mentality is a great example, but it doesn't change what she physically represents....

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    Americans tend to put way too much garlic into everything these days, too. I think they think it makes them seem sophisticated and European, when all it does is show they don't have any knowledge about flavoring fresh food so you can actually taste the ingredients under the garlic. It's bizarre. If they see a recipe calling for one clove, they think six is better. They don't understand moderation. More is always better. More butter, more salt, more pasta, more cheese, more meat. More. More. More. Then they wonder why they need cranes to lift them out of their houses when they become super morbidly obese.
    Haha, love it. I didn't realize there was a garlic addiction epidemic across the US! OMG. Do you fatties realize how many extra calories 5 cloves of garlic adds to your portion of a family meal!?

I don't know how you would know exactly what "Americans" are cooking in their homes and why they are cooking it, but you might consider that garlic is a very useful resource beyond whatever uses you deem acceptable. Some people eat a lot of garlic for its numerous health benefits, and not necessarily the taste. Maybe they can't afford to be sophisticated and European, so they try a little preventative herbal approach. But in regards to flavor, some people who can't afford spices from around the globe grab some garlic because at least they'll get some alternative to flavorless.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a secret stash of garlic cloves that I hid in the closet that I need to get back to.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    Ok so we're agreed then. My take is getting twisted over posts on a message board is a sign that something is missing in real life. Another one to the ignore list. It is remarkable what a difference it makes on this site. Some sites you still see the post but on this one , gone with the fricking wind.

My point was I see many obese women with pretty faces who seem oblivious to their weight issues. When I walk in the bathroom it is pretty easy to ignore what shows up below the tits because I don't much see it. I've often wondered how a woman could let herself get to this level. For me, weight makes a huge difference in my face. I don't look as attractive with even ten pounds on. So I've never understood how women could let themselves go so far. But what I'm noticing is a pattern of pretty faces with huge bodies. So I'm wondering if women don't really pay attention to what goes on below the waist.

But ya' know, you and Diva are right because Denial is never an issue with obese women.

If you don't understand the point that doesn't mean there wasn't one.

celeb 2006

Interesting post. It's sad but denial runs quite deep in many disorders. Eating disorders is just one of them. I would wager if you ask any recovered obese eater, denial of consumed food is just a totally obvious start point.
    That is a good point because some may not have a full length body mirror and just use one that shows the face, or it's just denial, plain and simple. Denial can blind people from a LOT of things that are right in their face. It's a psychological defense mechanism like how some block out traumas and don't remember them. That denial is what allows them to let themselves go till they are 500 pounds.

I wonder what other projects Gaby might be involved in at the moment (besides her guest role on Showtime's 'The Big C').

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by katez View Post
    I wonder what other projects Gaby might be involved in at the moment (besides her guest role on Showtime's 'The Big C').
    "yelling to the sky" is in post-production...google is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    "yelling to the sky" is in post-production...google is your friend.
    Yes just look at IMDB.

Quote Originally Posted by Skye Leigh View Post
    That is a good point because some may not have a full length body mirror and just use one that shows the face, or it's just denial, plain and simple. Denial can blind people from a LOT of things that are right in their face. It's a psychological defense mechanism like how some block out traumas and don't remember them. That denial is what allows them to let themselves go till they are 500 pounds.
    So it all boils down to a lack of a full length mirror for some people. Damn. Who knew!

Many scientists now agree that most people have a "set point" in terms of body weight and it doesn't deviate by much throughout people's lives unless a person suffers from a disorder or unless the person has point which marks them to be obese or super obese. Just like some people were born to be above average in height, some people shockingly enough for those that don't believe in science, are born to be predisposed to obesity. My set point has never deviated more than 10 lbs, hours of exercise a day or not, holiday eating or not. I think most of us are like that. I believe the average set point is no more than 35 lbs of weight gain in a lifetime.

Btw, talking about denial. There's at least one fattie amongst you who is either in total denial or is being extremely sarcastic. "Responziiiiible eating". Is that all it takes? Oh well looky here how well it's working for you.

Pfft, i'm fat and it's because I don't eat or exercise responsibly; if i did, I'd be 1/5 a Gabourey. How about that, I just invented a system of measurement. That just happened.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

But you're not fat, your genetic destiny is to be big-boned
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread Information