Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 'Precious' star Gabourey Sidibe: "My first diet started when I was six years old"

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I love garlic (and onions) and always use far more than a recipe suggests when cooking and will even throw some in if the recipe doesn't mention it at all. My favourite foods include garlic mushrooms, garlic bread, very garlicy pasta sauces, garlic sausage... Om nom nom!

And for the record I'm British and not in need of a crane to get me out of bed. Dynamite, possibly, but not a crane

I like garlic, but I've eaten food where there was way to much in it & it made it not just unpalletable but actually uneatable. And I cook without salt. At all. And rarely add it to food. I'd rather taste the food than salt.

My current garlic breath is not sophisticated. Garlic bread ahoy!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

*cough*

If a recipe calls for a clove I might put a clove and a half. But not six. I love garlic and I do a lot of cooking with it, I admit. But here's what drives me nuts: For most average Americans I meet, they're too lazy to use actual garlic in anything and seem to think garlic salt or garlic powder is the same thing! Half the people I know who "love" the taste of garlic or garlicy flavored stuff wouldn't know what a goddamned garlic clove looked like. I can't tell you how many times I've heard ignoramuses in the grocery stores refer to them a "baby onions"! And not because they're being cute either. Much less of that dumbassery about food here than where I used to live though.

Occasionally, I've made some things and put less garlic than what a recipe called for. Or none at all. Some things actually taste better without it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I can't eat cloves. Love the smell but its the taste, too much use in dentistry.

It's great that she has confidence and loves her body. But as some posters have said i think that Hollywood will get to her and she'll probably loose the weight...like Ricky Lake.

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

She does actually have a pretty face.

Quote Originally Posted by DolceVita View Post
    Good point! My mum is mixed race and she told me this rhyme-

If you are white you'll be all right
    If you are brown stick around
    IF you are black get back
    Sad but true. My family runs the gamut of skin colors and I've seen how this works - up close.
    Last edited by Tati; January 29th, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

It's one thing to be happy in your skin but what about the strain that's going on underneath? I predict heart attack in 3...2...1...
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

Ive been American my entire life and have never met anyone who was retarded enough to think if 1 garlic is good 6 is better.

I'm a Vegan, slim and filled with energy.

Cheers to your rant.

Oh lord, I guess I was too busy in the other Gabby thread to catch this one too. Sigh. I read that thing about insulin and my heart sank into the fatty recesses beneath. I'm not sure what my problem was, but I think it was that my body would produce insulin, then not recognize it, then produce more, etc. etc. My levels have been pretty normal since I had my thyroid removed, so that might've been gumming up the works, but that sure does help explain how I got so damn fat.

Look, I think a lot of us are right. There are people who stuff their faces and get huge. There are people like me whose bodies go full retard and spaz out, causing a significant weight gain. I also have arthritis, so fuck if I'm going to go outside and walk three miles every single day. My heart would be fine, but my bones wouldn't! (I got diagnosed with arthritis when I was in my early teens, and it was first discovered in my jaw, so don't go saying ZOMG UR BONES CANT HANDLE ALL THE FAT HERP DERP!!!)

The trick here is to find out what does and doesn't work for your body and to act accordingly. That's what I've been trying to do for years, and while it's really hard, I don't want to just give up. I think some fatties do give up because the bullshit fad diets don't work so they get all discouraged. I'm not even going to discuss the whole pretty-fatties-don't-care dumbfuckery. I may be a super hot fatty, but I'm not living in a fucking iron lung or something. In the meantime, I'm stealing all y'alls cookies!!! *CHOMP*
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Quote Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
    It's great that she has confidence and loves her body. But as some posters have said i think that Hollywood will get to her and she'll probably loose the weight...like Ricky Lake.
    But is Ricky Lake getting any work? I haven't seen or heard from her lately..............

Hit By Ban Bus!

I find it difficult to believe that anyone this obese is truly happy with her body. Sorry, but she has to be at least physically uncomfortable.

I hope she helps to change some of the stereo types we have and those in Hollywood have ...... She is a great role model for EVERYONE
    I wouldn't wish fame and celebrity on my worst enemy ~

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread Information