Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plus-size model Crystal Renn fits in her own skin

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    she probably wouldnt be so 'plus size' (not that she's fat) but would be thinner naturally had she not starved herself and screwed her metabolism up. now her body will cling to every thing she eats and she will be bigger eating less than a person who hasn't starved themselves would be eating the same amt of calories.

i wonder if your body ever grows out of starvation mode.
    It does over time if you eat healthily and enough. Dieting is a no no. Your body will return to its natural thin state as long as you don't "pick" at it. My experience.

interesting. is it dangerous to try to exercise after trying to deal with eating such low calories? are you in danger of becoming addicted to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    It's very hard to get your metabolism up to speed, so to speak, once you start eating somewhat normally after starving yourself for an extended period of time. Even now, 3 years after eating 200-600 calories daily for a period of 2 years, I can't eat a lot of normal foods because my body does not know what to do with the calories, my metabolism isn't fast enough to burn it off, and it ends up being stored as fat.

Seriously, it sucks.
    Lifting weights helps. I fucked up my metabolism by restricting calories for awhile too when young. But I had to lose that freshman 30 put on in the first semester college by the end of my second come hell or high water, and I stupidly did it solely by strictly dieting.

It took a bit of concerted effort to undo the damage, but it was great to be able to eat over 1000 calories again without having to worry about weight piling back on. I supplemented with cardio here and there over the years, but totally I credit weight training and putting the muscle back onto my body (plus some more that I didn't have before) with giving me my metabolism and health back. Plus, completely changing the way my body looked for the better. All dieting alone did was make me a somewhat smaller version of the flab-ball I was before...with a shittier metabolism to work with.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I LOVE that dress in her first pic! I could wear that!

She's beautiful.

Some people are meant to be bigger.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

She looks glamorous now. Kinda like Jane Russell.

She looks so much better now

I like that cover, she looks fab!
    "Well isn't that special"

Hi! I'm New Here!

idk, its not fair to compare the pics of her when she was skinny to her now (her boobs etc) since she was 15-16 in the skinny pics, and even if she didnt have disordered eating she would have had tiny tits probably,

I don't think she really looked that ill and she would look far better at a size in between the "before" pics and the "after" pics.

my theory is she eats so much now and ate a little less than normal then, and since she stuffs her face now it seems to HER that she wasn't eating before.

Quote Originally Posted by getoverit View Post
    my theory is she eats so much now and ate a little less than normal then, and since she stuffs her face now it seems to HER that she wasn't eating before.
    um... she had anorexia & bulimia.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

holy crap! she's beautiful!!!
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

It looks like she started hanging out with Kirstie Alley.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

Love her hair.
    ssabmud

She looks great

Elite Member

She looks bigger in those photographs (or she was heavier at the time they were taken). I saw her on t.v. about a month ago promoting her new book and she didn't look overweight or plus-sized at all! She may not be a size 1 or 2 anymore, but she looked about about a size 9....but then again she has to be tall. She lost weight frpm the pictures shown here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information