Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfrey admits to tipping the scales at 200 Lbs.

She looked great a few years ago when she was walking and really on the health kick, but year's back when she wore those calvin klein's, oy vey, they had to pour her into them - she couldn't even walk in them they were so tight. I can understand her having a condition like thyroid problems that would fluctuate her weight but with all the money she has and the ability to hire nutritionist's, chef's, and personal trainer's it just doesn't make sense. Of course if that's is her choice and she is happy with it, then go "O". I don't think she looks disgusting or gross, but it is noticeable that she has put on some weight.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    You don't care about her health, you just don't like fat chicks.
    First of all I want to thank my friends on the board for sticking up for me!, Secondly my post was honestly just about what was written in the original article....it had nothing to do with my personal feelings for or against obese people. If I'm not physically attracted to Obese women then I don't think that it's a big deal...some people dont' like blondes, brunettes...whatever..personal preference. But again it had nothing to do with my previous post.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

She looked great a few years ago when she was walking and really on the health kick, but year's back when she wore those calvin klein's, oy vey, they had to pour her into them - she couldn't even walk in them they were so tight.
    Also when she's really thin her eyes bug out like she has Hypothyroidism. not a good look.

I'm sure in six months we'll read how she's courageously lost all the weight. She'll be on the cover of a ton of magazines. Then she'll gain it all back again plus some.

I don't really like Oprah.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    The Problem is that she is unhealthy! "Winfrey's weight and height rank her as obese, with a body mass index of 31.8 – putting her at "at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol," says the CDC."
    Yeah and I'm sure the reason people make fun of and obsess over her weight gains and losses is because they're concerned about her health, lol. People often say they're concerned about the person's health when they get too fat or too skinny, but let's be honest, it's often just not visually pleasing- and that's the main issue people have. It's also fun for some to watch one of the richest women on the planet struggle with her weight.

Anyways, I'm not surprised, unless you're blind it's been obvious she's been gaining weight lately...
    Last edited by nycgirl; December 16th, 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Beakers Ode to Oprah

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirl View Post
    Yeah and I'm sure the reason people make fun of and obsess over her weight gains and losses is because they're concerned about her health, lol. People often say they're concerned about the person's health when they get too fat or too skinny, but let's be honest, it's often just not visually pleasing- and that's the main issue people have. It's also fun for some to watch one of the richest women on the planet struggle with her weight.

Anyways, I'm not surprised, unless you're blind it's been obvious she's been gaining weight lately...
    Thank you....just be real about it.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Gastric bypass doesn't remove the obsession over food though. My sister and mother know a few people with gastric bypass, and one of them is depressed and regrets having the surgery, and another one still eats the wrong foods. You can only eat a little bit of food after the surgery and she eats too much of the wrong food, and vomits!

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Beakers Ode to Oprah

[youtube]xpcUxwpOQ_A[/youtube]

Genius!

I want to see Oprah and Janet Jackson in a sumo match.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

Quote Originally Posted by mintjelly View Post
    Thank you....just be real about it.
    I can see your point...
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Elite Member

I think what Oprah illustrates perfectly is that battling your weight is hard. Until you uncover the reasons why you eat and deal with it, all the money, trainers, chefs and nutritionists in the world aren't going to solve your problem. It's something you need to deal with every day for the rest of your life.

And, I hope she has learned there is no magic solution. And, what works for you isn't the be all and end all of weight loss -- others might have something that works better for them.

Oprah's weight issues remind me of my sister's -- she finds something, it works, claims that this is the end of her problems, it's the best way to live ever, etc. In a year or so, her weight creeps back up and it happens all over again with a different solution. The only difference is that she hasn't proclaimed her success, etc. to millions of people.

As perfect as Oprah believes she is, this will always be her achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    Gastric bypass doesn't remove the obsession over food though. My sister and mother know a few people with gastric bypass, and one of them is depressed and regrets having the surgery, and another one still eats the wrong foods. You can only eat a little bit of food after the surgery and she eats too much of the wrong food, and vomits!
    exactly, it doesn't remove the need to address the underlying issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think what Oprah illustrates perfectly is that battling your weight is hard. Until you uncover the reasons why you eat and deal with it, all the money, trainers, chefs and nutritionists in the world aren't going to solve your problem. It's something you need to deal with every day for the rest of your life.

And, I hope she has learned there is no magic solution. And, what works for you isn't the be all and end all of weight loss -- others might have something that works better for them.

Oprah's weight issues remind me of my sister's -- she finds something, it works, claims that this is the end of her problems, it's the best way to live ever, etc. In a year or so, her weight creeps back up and it happens all over again with a different solution. The only difference is that she hasn't proclaimed her success, etc. to millions of people.

As perfect as Oprah believes she is, this will always be her achilles heel.
    Bingo -sometimes its as much as WHY you put it in your mouth as WHAT you put in there...
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my late grandfather fucking loved Oprah, he used to instruct us from his chair to, "put it to Ofrah!"

^^ Aww, reminds me of my great-grandmother and her "Evlis".

Quote Originally Posted by KristiB View Post
    Beakers Ode to Oprah

[youtube]xpcUxwpOQ_A[/youtube]
    Looks just like Nancy Grace!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

and he would shout too it would be stunning silence and then he'd just shout that sentence at 3pm

awww i love u nonna

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information