Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Oprah buys 10% of Weight Watchers

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    A: The second train gets to Chicago at 9:20 PM.

I did the work, but the dog ate it.
    That sounds like basically every answer on my quantum physics exams....
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Weight Watchers is a dying animal. With today's technology making it easy to calculate calories and nutritional values for free, there's no reason to pay them to do it for you. No one needs new fangled proprietary formulas to stay in line. Besides, once close to goal weight, the daily points allotment is so minuscule most people find it impossible to adhere to long term -- hence the nightmare maintenance is for most individuals. Eventual weight regain is most WW enrollees' reality.
    C_is_for_Cookie and llamamama like this.

Elite Member

OMG Oprah is EVERYWHERE again with her 40 lb + weight loss. She's going to be on GMA this morning.

Thing is this... I hope she keeps it off, but I hate the way she acts like she has all the answers to life. She does this all the time...especially when she's lost weight...and then she ends up gaining again. You have to be careful not to get cocky about losing weight. Losing it is the easy part...keeping it off is the hard part!

I've never found losing it to be particularly easy either.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    OMG Oprah is EVERYWHERE again with her 40 lb + weight loss. She's going to be on GMA this morning.

Thing is this... I hope she keeps it off, but I hate the way she acts like she has all the answers to life. She does this all the time...especially when she's lost weight...and then she ends up gaining again. You have to be careful not to get cocky about losing weight. Losing it is the easy part...keeping it off is the hard part!
    I love how every few years she pretends she's reinventing the wheel with weight loss. She's literally been doing this song and dance since 1988.

Losing weight and maintaining the loss is extremely hard, so you'd think she'd learn to dial her faux expertise bullshit down already. Keep it off more than a couple of years and then act like an authority.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I think she's trying to make money for WW more than anything. It doesn't look like she's lost 40 pounds.
    Last edited by sprynkles; January 3rd, 2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Janus likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    I love how every few years she pretends she's reinventing the wheel with weight loss. She's literally been doing this song and dance since 1988.

Losing weight and maintaining the loss is extremely hard, so you'd think she'd learn to dial her faux expertise bullshit down already. Keep it off more than a couple of years and then act like an authority.
    Exactly! She thinks she's God. Heifer. Whatever she does lose, she'll gain it all back so she can go on another "diet" to stay relevant.
    Laurent and Janus like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

I will say for Oprah, that for a 63 year old woman who has spent the last 30 years wildly yo-yoing with her weight, she looks really good.

Granted, she has more money than nations, but so does Donatella Versace . . .
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Elite Member

^^ I think she looks great too. Her skin is gorgeous. She's a great size for her.

I'm just so tired of the "holier than thou" attitude. She's human, just like all of us.
    Laurent, Wisher2 and Beeyotch like this.

She looks good ? Are you kidding? She wears a ton of make up, wigs, triple up spanks. I think we've all seen her without her make up and she is butt ugly and has terrible splotchy skin. No this woman does not look good for her age. She is a facade.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    She looks good ? Are you kidding? She wears a ton of make up, wigs, triple up spanks. I think we've all seen her without her make up and she is butt ugly and has terrible splotchy skin. No this woman does not look good for her age. She is a facade.
    I still think she looks really good. I know she wears a ton of make-up, but she has hardly a wrinkle. She hasn't messed with her face with PS. So many of us wear makeup and spanx. We all put on a facade of some sort. She finally knows what works for her and I think she looks good. I will give her credit for that.

That being said, she bugs the absolute shit out of me and I think she's fake as hell and her acting like she has all of life's answers drives me crazy.

I tell you what, I am sick of seeing the new WW commercials. Especially when she say at the end..."It WOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRKKKKKSSSSS!" Whatever, Oprah.
    C_is_for_Cookie, Brookie and Fran2 like this.

I think Oprah is very pretty. I see she slimmed her nose down, but she got prettier. Is it just better makeup? Did she do her eyes too? Her darkened eyebrows are great, but I don't like that ponytail. One thing I'd do if had a billion dollars would be have all my clothes fitted. Her clothes don't fit properly. Oprah can have every pull, tuck and pleat done to perfection. She's too Spanks'd.

She's had her nose done. Look at it when she played Miss Sophia in The Color Purple. Her nose was very wide. If you see her now without makeup, it still is slim. It there is contouring on top of that.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information