Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Oprah buys 10% of Weight Watchers

its more like she ate 10% of Weight Watchers.

It's kind of like Lindsay Lohan buying Alcohol Anonymous
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    It's the smugness of Oprah that I object to. I'm sure the WW people were changing the program before she signed on but she's an asshole so I'm comfortable blaming her. There's a forum on MyFitnessPal and many were saying that WW has been hit really hard because people are so pissed off at the changes and rigidity.
    This is the biggest complaint I've heard - that it feels like a diet now. I switched from WW to MyFitnessPal about a year and a half ago. I've found that once I hit a "certain age" I have to be really vigilant about tracking otherwise things go off the rails pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    The problem with Op is she never sticks to any lifestlye change. She looses the weight then goes back to eating her fried chicken, deep fried butter and fried mac and cheese.
    And everytime she loses weight doing something, that something becomes a "thing" for her and she shoves it down everyone's throat. And I KNEW she'd act like Weight Watchers was HER discovery. Should have known.
    Bellatheball, tulip, czb and 1 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

It is hard to feel sorry for Oprah not losing weight. She has access to everything. A personal chef, a personal trainer, the money to buy all the right foods and the free time to work out all damn day long.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Greedy bitch is greedy.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    And everytime she loses weight doing something, that something becomes a "thing" for her and she shoves it down everyone's throat. And I KNEW she'd act like Weight Watchers was HER discovery. Should have known.
    But she's still chunky! She has absolutely sold her soul here..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    It is hard to feel sorry for Oprah not losing weight. She has access to everything. A personal chef, a personal trainer, the money to buy all the right foods and the free time to work out all damn day long.

My sister works for Oprah as a TV producer and is impressed by her. She says Oprah is very intelligent, works extremely hard and expects her employees to put in as much effort as she does.. Oprah doesn't have the time to work out all day long because she is constantly working. If you look at recent photos of her, she is noticeably thinner so Weight Watchers apparently does work for her.

I HATE the godamned commercial where she says "I love bread, I LOVE bread". I see red.
    Brookie likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^^ I agree so hard with this. It sends the wrong message. I think Weight Watchers is good because you're eating real food that you've prepared or you're learning how to eat well in the real world - but don't talk about the foods you really love until you apply portion control for quite a while. I had friends that lost 50 lbs and 100 lbs with just changing their eating. It took time and devotion. It's very hard work. Don't say here's your bread and cheese. Yes, one tablespoon's worth. My message to Oprah is to send the message that you're not giving up the delicious things you love for always, you're replacing them with a lifetime of nutrition packed meals - and then have a piece of bread or a chocolate dipped strawberry with a little creme fraiche. A little.

Angeli - tell your sister about my message to Oprah, I wonder what Oprah would say.

My sister is a nutritionist for Weight Watchers and is a regional director. (Great job for a SAHM as most of it can be done during school hours onsite or home) A few of her sites were involved in the piloting of the new system and it went over well when used with the new personal coaching support they're offering.

The new plan finally includes sugar content in calculating points, which none of the previous points plan did. The more protein in a food, the lower the points value. Increase the sugar, increase the points value. For instance, a 16 ounce Starbucks Chai Lattee has around 200 calories but 42 grams of sugar giving it a very high points value of 16 as opposed to previously being 7 points under Points Plus.

^That's smart.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I HATE the godamned commercial where she says "I love bread, I LOVE bread". I see red.
    I don't see red at all. I turn to my TV and scream "I LOVE BREAD TOO!!!" I see it as a .

moment.
    SHELLEE and Brookie like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I do too, but I just hate the way she says it.
    sluce likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    ^^^^^Thank you! I used to know this heifer that had money, fabulous job, access to whatever she needed to lose weight and she was always playing the "Poor me. I'm fat. Feel sorry for me. Waa Waa" I called her out on it. Basically told her the same thing you posted up there.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    ^^ I agree so hard with this. It sends the wrong message. I think Weight Watchers is good because you're eating real food that you've prepared or you're learning how to eat well in the real world - but don't talk about the foods you really love until you apply portion control for quite a while. I had friends that lost 50 lbs and 100 lbs with just changing their eating. It took time and devotion. It's very hard work. Don't say here's your bread and cheese. Yes, one tablespoon's worth. My message to Oprah is to send the message that you're not giving up the delicious things you love for always, you're replacing them with a lifetime of nutrition packed meals - and then have a piece of bread or a chocolate dipped strawberry with a little creme fraiche. A little.

Angeli - tell your sister about my message to Oprah, I wonder what Oprah would say.

Chalet, I agree with you about the message she is projecting. But I also think the reason a lot of people resist dieting (or fail at dieting) is because they think, "But I can't give up bread/pasta/fried chicken/ice cream/cake/chocolate/enchiladadas/whatever" when they are used to eating it regularly or using it to reward themselves.
    C_is_for_Cookie and sluce like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information