Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I don't think those sizes are fat either. A US size 14 is a UK size 16, if I'm correct? A size 16 is considered plus size here too. What country are you from? But like Sputnik said it does depends on your height and frame.

U.S.A. here, I cannot fathom a 12 -14 being plus size, wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 14, she looked fab. Today that is considered large, I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by swwave View Post
    U.S.A. here, I cannot fathom a 12 -14 being plus size, wasn't Marilyn Monroe a size 14, she looked fab. Today that is considered large, I don't get it.
    Marilyn Monroe wore a size 12 or 14, but a size 12 back in the 1960s is not the size 12 of today. Marilyn Monroe would probably be around a size 6 in today's clothes.

We have vanity sizing to thank for it.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Munro View Post
    ValleyDoll. On the one hand, I get why you felt the need to start this thread. But what you have to remember is this: WE ARE MAKING FUN OF FAT CELEBRITIES. Not members on this board.

If we can't make fun of fat, ugly, stupid celebrities, what else is there to do here? You'll notice, ValleyDoll, that it's the asshole celebrities we make fun of for being fat (Kirstie Alley) or ugly (Douchebag Paris Hilton) or stupid (Brad Pitt, although I disagree with that cuz I don't think he's stupid ). Pierce Brosnan's wife, however, we do not make fun of for being overweight. Or Camryn Manheim. To name a couple. Because they're cool and we like them.

Exactly.
    huh?? did you read that thread?? i only read a few pages of it but keely shaye inspired a lot of vitriol.

anyway, back to the OP . . . i didn't think the maternity ward door thread was that bad, not sure which one is the ob/gyn thread, but the mri thread had some brutal comments. would i get upset about them if i were overweight? i don't know. but if i knew i would, i probably wouldn't go to that thread. or maybe i would make a comment in that thread. but to pen an 'open letter' about some posters or comments without citing specific cases doesn't make sense to me. if your point is to educate, then make a comment in the specific thread. ow, the open-letter just sounds like wahwah to me.

I'm pretty sure I've never made fun of fat celebrities just because they're "fat". They have to be assholes in order for me to do that. Beth Ditto is what I consider to be pretty huge, but that's not what gets her the teasing-- it's the disgusting way she dresses and acts. When she's appropriately covered and not being gross, no problem.

Celebrities who are fat by Hollywood standards like Camryn Manheim (as mentioned by Dallas) and Queen Latifah are truly beautiful ladies in my eyes. Not "they'd be pretty if they lost weight....", but pretty just the way the are. I thought Anna Nicole Smith was still gorgeous even before she lost all that weight.

My take on it, some people here can be overly critical when it comes to a celebs weight, but they're in the minority. Overall, I think GR is pretty fair when it comes to that.

I don't judge the people on this board for being fat, skinny, tall, short, etc. I judge the celebrities.
    "The most important question in all of human kind is..... would you hit it or not?" ~potato_chips

I think you all have flat pancake asses.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I think you all have flat pancake asses.
    speak for yourself...
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

photoshop! simpsons did it!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    photoshop! simpsons did it!
    I can't find the original from years ago...but it was real. No photoshop.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

I can't even imagine how physically uncomfortable it must be to carry that much extra bulk in one's ass and while balancing all that weight on those shoes. I'd feel sorry for this woman but she looks like she thinks she's all that. More power to her.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I can't even imagine how physically uncomfortable it must be to carry that much extra bulk in one's ass and while balancing all that weight on those shoes. I'd feel sorry for this woman but she looks like she thinks she's all that. More power to her.
    I first saw the pictures(there were a series) in 1999, she was rather large in those pics, so whatever morphing that has been done isn't that much..unless the ones I saw in 99 were morphed. It's not hard to carry around a lot of ass..but that's just way too much ass!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I myself could stand to lose a few pounds and I don't get annoyed when people pick on fat celebrities but when I read people are size 0 or 2 I do think lucky bitch.......LOL!
    But on a serious note I do go to the Doctors wed. to have my thyroid checked, I put on weight by changing no habits and I am always so very tired so my Doctor wants to check it out.
    I eat a nana and special k for breakfast.
    salad or veg. for lunch
    dinner one plate full of normal food like baked chicken, veg. and a small serving of a side.
    snack is usually yogurt or bowl of special k.
    so why did I gain weight is the question the Doctor needs to answer.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

I'd hate to be size 0 or 2. No offence to anyone who is, but it's definitely not my ideal, far too skinny, at least it would look awful on me. With my height (I'm 5"8) if I was that size I'd definitely look ill.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I'd hate to be size 0 or 2. No offence to anyone who is, but it's definitely not my ideal, far too skinny, at least it would look awful on me. With my height (I'm 5"8) if I was that size I'd definitely look ill.
    5'7 here so I know what you mean.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

I would never want to be that small either, I like some meat on the bone, be it male or female

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread Information