Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter

....unless you are a celebrity.....the comments aren't about you.....

Valley Doll, I think your original post was well thought out and thought provoking. I think I need to take a long, hard look at my own views and attitudes towards fat and obesity. Have you ever seen the show on the Style channel called "Ruby"? It's about a woman's journey from 700+ lbs down to her ideal weight. It really breaks my heart when they show people making fun of her. I agree with you--it does seem socially acceptable to discriminate against fat people.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

A lot of people have big problems on here,not just weight either. We are always very supportive of whatever situation someone faces. I have never seem a person on here ask for advice/help and not receive tons of hugs.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Thank you, IheartParis!

And I can't lie, it's not like I'm the most enlightened person. I've fallen short when it comes to accepting people for who they are at any given moment. But it feels like fat people are the last gorup that can be picked on without reprecussions, in general.

I will preface this post by saying that I know I will get flamed for this.. but I know that most of you know me well enough to not let any offensiveness carry into other threads.

My question is this: why did you start this thread? Did you start on it just to vent? Or just to rag on us about how some of us may make insensitive comments about overweight celebrities? I rag on Angelina for looking like a waxy preying mantis... I rag on Paris Hilton for looking like a bow-legged used condom.. 99% of this site is someone ragging on someone else about facets of their appearance, personality, or talent.. but we don't rag on EACH OTHER about these things..

I could give less of a shit if you're fat.. and I won't put the health thing out there because people will call me a bullshitter, so I'll give you this: I don't care if you're fat because you're not me.. and I'm not you. I have a problem with wanting to 'fix' things.. whether it be people or situations around me.. and I realized very recently that it's not my place to be a 'fixer'.. I can only work on myself.

I think you need to realize that the rest of the world isn't going to walk on eggshells around you or other heavy people. If your happiness depends on what other people may think or act towards you then I don't think you're truly happy with yourself. You are who you are.. fuck what other people think. If you're at peace with the situation nothing else should matter.

Elite Member

Penny Lane, you bring up some good points. I'll try to address them as I see them.

Yes, I'm venting. Not because I expect anyone to cater to me for any reason.

My happiness is dependent upon no one. I realize that depending on others--no matter how much they may love you--is just a recipe for heartbreak.

JMO, but it feels that the comments toward overweight celebrities seems harsher. Maybe I have a myopic view of the situation. But that's just how I see it.

...it's all viewpoint....I try not to find the remarks about older folks offensive....you've read the "wrinkles, old, ugly" comments?.....yep,......I'm over 50.....

...luckily....I KNOW I'm far, far, far, far better looking that most Hollywood men my age....

Well I definitely think this thread has brought it to our attention.. that maybe we're harsher to overweight celebrities than others.. but I hope there comes a time when you don't have to vent.. the smallest hint of anger tends to taint happiness, and I don't wish that upon you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    ...it's all viewpoint....I try not to find the remarks about older folks offensive....you've read the "wrinkles, old, ugly" comments?.....yep,......I'm over 50.....

...luckily....I KNOW I'm far, far, far, far better looking that most Hollywood men my age....
    I bet you are, you sexy thing!

I've always had a problem with criticizing groups of people. Now for uptight celebrities, say what you want. Because we all know that Paris Hilton is a walking STD!

I rag on Paris Hilton for looking like a bow-legged used condom
    *spits drink and guffaws*

See, I can look at it from both sides of the coin. I used to be a rake, and now I'm a big guy.. I've had children gasp at how skinny i was, and I've now had jokes thrown my way when I broke one of those cheap plastic patio chairs (in my defense, when i tried to schooch it had gotten stuck in a crack and the leg snapped) when i was bigger.

If i see some huge lardo chowing down on something monstrous, and then that person whines that I'm giggling, frankly, too bad. You eat like a pig and are practically spherical. It's a choice, not some kind of affliction.

I'm not a rake, nor am i circus sized, and I'm fine with that. If i got larger, it would be A CHOICE.. same as working it off and getting thinner. It's body modification through apathy or work. Either or, the result means modification. Either way, you have to own what you are. Big and beautiful or working on it. If you do nothing and still whine, you've earned that.

I don't buy the "im so hard done by, it's not a choice, i cant help it" crap that a lot of fatties spew. Yes you can help it. You can start by putting down the twinkies and getting off your ass for awhile if you don't want to be a chubtub. Either way, you need to own what you are.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

...it helps to be a guy because we don't have to deal with reality.....my mirror shows me exactly what I want to see and nothing else.....

....well....I look better than Mickey Rourke....

**senses the mean girls will soon be here to tell him that it's a fun house mirror**

I didn't know that the fat ass that had to go to the Zoo for an MRI was a celebrity, nor the wider maternity ward for fat-asses were about celebs, either?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    Penny Lane, you bring up some good points. I'll try to address them as I see them.

Yes, I'm venting. Not because I expect anyone to cater to me for any reason.

My happiness is dependent upon no one. I realize that depending on others--no matter how much they may love you--is just a recipe for heartbreak.

JMO, but it feels that the comments toward overweight celebrities seems harsher. Maybe I have a myopic view of the situation. But that's just how I see it.
    You clearly haven't read and Angelina Jolie thread, or a Madonna thread. Those two are the most picked on around here, and both are FAR from fat.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I didn't know that the fat ass that had to go to the Zoo for an MRI was a celebrity, nor the wider maternity ward for fat-asses were about celebs, either?
    That thread really got the ball rolling for me in staring this post.

And the idea of fat people being too portly to have sex! That's insulting! I'm not getting it on with anyone, but sex is one of the cheapest commodities on the market. My weight has nothing to do with my lack of a sex life. If I wanted to have casual sex, I'm sure I can find someone that would work around my fat rolls. The rolls add more cushion for the pushing, anyway!

I have no luck with the casual sex...or any sex at all actually
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information