Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: An Open Letter

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yeah but novice you can still do things to not be obese or fat or whatever your size right?! via surgery, training yourself to change, whatever but if you're born gay or asian you can't change that to a degree....i use michael jackson as the one example of changing your race though

p.s. im not trying to be callous or anything ....
    No, I agree that you're not being callous, but the examples you gave were sexist & racist, not gender/sexual orientation/race...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    well the difference between being a racist or homophobe and being a fatist is that fatties do choose to be fat so its sorta different. although Michael Jackson is a Black pedophile who chooses to be a White woman so.....go figure damnit!

well im off to McDonalds, gotta love that dollar menu!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Was that on BBC2? I was gonna watch it if so
    Yeah, I think so I caught the last bit of it & they wre scanning brains because (apparently) if you are on a starvation diet (for however long) when you start eating again the brain receptors still think that you're on a starvation diet and allow you to eat way more before they indicate "full".
    They also said that things with metabalism mean that its not just more exercise + less food = loose weight.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

I agree with you, yes you have every right to be fat, if that's what you want who gives a shit! I am thin, and have been fat in the past. I do know one thing though, don't mask who you really are with food, what I mean by that is I hope that you are REALLY TRULY happy, or are you covering for some sort of internal (emotional) pain? I think society is inundated with junk about weight and its horrible.. How's this one for you... I get picked on out of the crowd because I am thin, that may sound odd, but I don't like it! I'm 140 lbs and I like getting high on pot so I do have my vices

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

@ us

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I agree with you. I strongly believe that "acting up" about fat people (from anything slightly overweight to the obese with very large bodies) is based in self-lothing and hate. Posters can post stuff against fat people since they can't be racist or sexist, etc. Its the last baston of un-pc prejudice, and its backed by the media, etc.

I think that there are a number of contributing factors:-
    • This is an anonymous message board, people can spew their hate & disgust and there are no repercussions irl for them. Its cowardly but a fact of life, people are like that (Anyone who has worked in a call center will know this).
    • EVERYONE remembers the fat kid at school and a lot of people don't want to be singled out like that. 97% of people are "joiners" or "sheep" who follow the majority because they don't want to be singled out themselves.
    • I think that there are a number of both very young posters and posters with EDs who have a distored body image.
    • I think that a some people are actually lacking in the skills to understand the reasons behind "fat" which can be very complex.
    • I think that a number of posters who fall into this catagory have never had to struggle with anything or have ever had a hard time about anything - well, maybe they broke a nail or two or have the wrong basecoat applied... but nothing more.
    • With the media pushing photos of celebrities with underweight/boardline bodies, the more that is seen the more that this is the "norm", so that even a "normal" weight body can look heavy in comparison.
    I agree with the poster that says its rubbish that its about health, as if any poster has said of a thin person "they need to eat more/exercise/do less blow" (yes, it does happen but rarely). Body-types are different and hold weight & fat differently, we rarely see photos of "stocky" actresses, celebrities, they're not a representive cross section of society so we get used to seeing half starves inactive coke fiends and think this is normal.

At the end of the day, I know that no-one is going to change thier posting habits from anything that I'd said, and I read certains people's comments and think to myself - I'd rather be fat than stupid, because at least I can change.

Valley Doll, yes, there is a lot of Fat-Natzis around here, however there are also other people that have or are struggling with their weight, so ignore the ignorant comments.
    Don't let the idiots grind you down, be healthy and check out the logs section as there are also a lot of nice supportive people here too.

And in reflection, I'd rather be fat than stupid, because I can change but they will always be stupid.
    I knew I loved u and Chilly for a reason great friggin posts. Some of GR's posters are just hateful. Valleydoll- fuck'em they are not worth your time.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I am right now in the process of trying to lose weight. I started gaining weight like crazy and can't get it off, thyroid is okay, I think it was due to the anti anxiety medicine I took myself off of. But whatever the reason I have to deal with it and it is hard work.
    Life is what happens to you
    While you're busy making other plans ~ John Lennon

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

good for you! Paxil did that too me plus it turned me into a major slut!

Alice the slut

eta: Good luck to anyone losing weight atm
    Last edited by Honey; January 27th, 2009 at 10:00 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information