Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikki Blonsky doesn't care what people think

Quote Originally Posted by junctionalfunkie View Post

She always looks really uncomfortable though, her chin attaches to her chest. Like her neck got mistaken for the hambone at grandma's Sunday dinner or somethin.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I'm sorry but those aren't "curves," why sugarcoat it? She's overweight and that shouldn't be celebrated, just as being underweight shouldn't be.

At least they aren't referring to her as "voluptuous".
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

i resent girls like that being called 'curvy' then anyone who isn't a fucking size zero also being called curvy. it's like if you aren't the 'perfect' size it doesnt really matter does it, you are all a bunch of fat cows!!

i find curvy very condescending sometimes.

to me curvy means you have an hourglass figure, as in your waist is smaller than your hips causing a curve, your breasts are curvy, even having a bit of a tummy.

oh and i think yoyo dieting is much worse for your heart in the long run than being big all your life.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    i resent girls like that being called 'curvy' then anyone who isn't a fucking size zero also being called curvy. it's like if you aren't the 'perfect' size it doesnt really matter does it, you are all a bunch of fat cows!!

i find curvy very condescending sometimes.

to me curvy means you have an hourglass figure, as in your waist is smaller than your hips causing a curve, your breasts are curvy, even having a bit of a tummy.

oh and i think yoyo dieting is much worse for your heart in the long run than being big all your life.
    It is. My weight has yo-yoed my entire life. My dr told me that she would rather see me stick at one weight, even if it is a bit heavier, than go up and down 30 pounds every few years.

I think we all know that being overweight is unhealthy. And I do not believe that heavy people enjoy being heavy. But I do believe you can be happy and love yourself even if you are heavy. Actually, it is probably the best way for an emotional eater to finally stop eating for reasons other than hunger.

I actually stopped dieting for good in May. No food off limits, nothing "good" or "bad." I eat only when I am physically hungry and stop when I've had enough. By actually enjoying food, and really listening to my body, I've been eating so much healthier and lost 20 pounds. If I really want a cookie, I have one, but one is totally enough for me because by giving myself permission to eat anything, I don't feel the need to eat everything.

I say good for Nikki if she embraces who she is. Hating myself for being fat didn't do me a lick of good for 30+ years of dieting.

^^Tulip - I think you have a very healthy attitude towards food and dieting.

I agree, I have absolute disdain for anyone who confuses "curvy" with fat, those are two very different things and it all seems way too PC. It's gotten to the point that being genuinely curvy is now mixed up with obesity; Salma Hayek is curvy, this girl is a trainwreck.

And she is not simply "overweight." I hate when I hear overweight being confused with obesity. This isn't someone who needs to lose ten pounds. I don't have a problem at all with overweight people, or people who are built thicker but you can tell they have muscle tone. I even stuck up for Pierce Brosnan's wife when everyone here was shocked by her body because even though she definitely needs to lose weight, she's pretty solid still, she has a ton of muscle mass as well and doesn't appear to just be a sloppy fat mess. Same with Queen Latifah, although there have been a few times that Queen has seemed to straddle the line. I don't necessarily look at those people and think they're a heart attack waiting to happen. No so with this girl. This chick is just obese, that is not something to be proud of or aspire to. "Not giving a fuck" is not sexy, in my opinion.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    It is. My weight has yo-yoed my entire life. My dr told me that she would rather see me stick at one weight, even if it is a bit heavier, than go up and down 30 pounds every few years.

I think we all know that being overweight is unhealthy. And I do not believe that heavy people enjoy being heavy. But I do believe you can be happy and love yourself even if you are heavy. Actually, it is probably the best way for an emotional eater to finally stop eating for reasons other than hunger.

I actually stopped dieting for good in May. No food off limits, nothing "good" or "bad." I eat only when I am physically hungry and stop when I've had enough. By actually enjoying food, and really listening to my body, I've been eating so much healthier and lost 20 pounds. If I really want a cookie, I have one, but one is totally enough for me because by giving myself permission to eat anything, I don't feel the need to eat everything.

I say good for Nikki if she embraces who she is. Hating myself for being fat didn't do me a lick of good for 30+ years of dieting.
    Good for you!
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post

Awesome. I think you eat the way we were meant to eat. Eating for survival. Eating for fuel. Simply eating when you are HUNGRY! What a concept hey?

For so many people I think eating has a real psychological issue behind it. Being taught by parents that wasting food was bad, to clean their plates. Using food to comfort them during times of stress, boredom, or even to celebrate. We have built an emotional tie to food, and I think that's why so many people will go straight for the starchy comforty foods right away.

Getting out of that trap, while beginning to look at food as noursishment, not a hobby, or addiction, is the first step on really truly breaking the cycle of obesity. I think once you let go of all your old views and realize that you are at a much better place by not placing crazy restrictions on yourself (diets that you will just break eventually) and just eating when you are hungry and stopping when you are satisfied (not bursting at the seams full)... you will truly feel better about yourself because you are seeing your 'body as a temple' (not in a religious way).

Once you give it respect, you start loving it. It's a great thing.

Some people eat to fill that 'hole' in their souls. I think that hole is loving yourself. No drug, food, person will fill that hole but your own love and acceptance towards yourself.

Hit By Ban Bus!

She kinda reminds me of a really big version of rachel ray.
    Her baby brother is a big boy as well.

I get sick of the whole curvy/overweight confusion too. Slim women can be 'curvy' but anytime that is acknowledged all these overweight people are all 'she ain't curvy! She's a stick! I'm curvy! This is curvy!' even though their waist is the same as their hips and they have no boobs or ass like a block. It really irritates me. Body shape and your bone structure has a lot to do with your curves, not just your weight.

I admire Nikki's attitude and self-esteem, but at the same time she is just too overweight (obese?). Her and Gabourey Sidibe are both great for standing up for plus sized women, but they're both too far from 'plus sized' to be healthy.

This chick is DEFINITELY obese, there isn't any question here. It's almost to the point where we can't even see obesity anymore, it's sad. She's not a few pounds overweight, she's obese and it is sad, whether she wants to admit it or not. Being overweight is one thing and is manageable and not always a detriment to your health, many bodybuilders are even overweight due to muscle mass. Obesity is a whole different monster.

The terms "overweight" and "obesity" refer to a person's overall body weight and whether it's too high. Overweight is having extra body weight from muscle, bone, fat, and/or water. Obesity is having a high amount of extra body fat.

BMI, overweight, and obesity

I get where you're coming from and you're right January, the terms are misused. But think of it this way: the term curvy is used as a euphemism for fat simply out of politeness and to avoid using the terms "obese" or "fat," even if those are more accurate terms. I don't think people should get so bent out of shape about it, it's a puff tabloid article and well, I mean we can *see* how big she is, there's really no downplaying that. I guess as a fattie myself, I see it as a kindness since fatness elicits so much disdain and cruelty from people in general.

And I agree with tulip, hating being fat isn't constructive, it isn't enough to motivate you to lose weight. In fact it makes you want to eat more because you're unhappy and seeking comfort from food.

But most importantly, who is anyone to tell Nikki Blonsky she's not allowed to be happy with herself? Everyone has their issues they struggle with, it's just that hers are extremely visible. It's not healthy but I'm sure she knows that and if she wanted or was ready to lose weight, she'd do it.

No, I get it, in the real world I would never call someone "obese" to their face, it's totally impolite to do so. And usually I'm not the type to even give a fuck, and I definitely don't want anyone to get a bitch vibe from my posts. But the media has sometimes gone overly PC on this subject, almost promoting being happy with obesity and "being true to yourself" as a way not to work out your issues with food. And I get this, I have issues with food and for me to maintain my weight is a constant struggle, it's not easy for me whatsoever. I can totally sympathize with heavier people because for some of us it doesn't come easy, unfortunately. But lately I've seen a whole array of articles lately praising "curvy" women for loving who they are, and these aren't overweight women, these are obese women. To me, it's a big difference. Nikki's costar, the Hoff's daughter, is adorable and overweight. I'm all for loving yourself, but I can't wrap my head around loving yourself and making supremely unhealthy decisions that are detrimental to your health. Does that make sense? How is that loving yourself? I don't look at overweight people and ever judge because being overweight doesn't necessarily qualify you as being unhealthy anymore than being skinny means you're somehow healthy. Who the fuck knows. But being obese (to me) is different, I just couldn't imagine being happy being stuck in that type of lifestyle -it's far past having a tummy or chubby arms. I also wouldn't say that someone whose bones are sticking out of their skin and are so skinny you can see the bones in their back is something to promote, either. And I've seen your pics, you aren't even close to this girl, stop it! I don't know, I'm just sick lately of all the articles that seem to almost be promoting obesity. It seems as if they are either promoting obesity or anorexia - why not find nice looking normal people that fall within the middle?

Rolls are actually quite curvy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information