Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Nigella Lawson getting fat?

I loved the two fat ladies. I've been a vegetarian for years but I could watch them cook pork chops for hours
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    While Miss Lawson appears to be ballooning, her husband, millionaire art collector Charles Saatchi, has shrunk by four stone thanks to a strict diet. The BBC declined the chance to comment last night.

Did she already remarry? That was quick.
    She remarried back in 2003.

There was gossip they may have started a relationship when her first hub was still alive. I think the 2 guys were friends? I'm not sure.....
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

how scandalous.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    ^^She's less curvy than Beth Ditto. How's that?
    Who isn't?!

Oh, for Beth Hippo's "curves"
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

When did they start calling rolls curves?
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

"curvy" Beth Ditto. That really gets my goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    When did they start calling rolls curves?
    When fat women started getting offended.

Fat women don't want to think they are fat, so they say "curvy" instead, when in actuality, they are just shaped like a sphere.

I think it would be easier changing your own body than trying to change the definition of curves.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Fat women don't want to think they are fat, so they say "curvy" instead, when in actuality, they are just shaped like a sphere.
    Yeah, and it pisses me the fuck off, right along with other euphemisms like 'healthy' or 'woman'. You know the section of the store with the big sign that says "Woman" or 'Women's". What are the rest of us below size 14? Children? Look, I don't judge what kind of person you are by how large you are. But I resent the hell out of 'curvy' being the euphemism for fat because it demeans what it really means to be 'curvy' which is fit with a (usually) hourglass figure. If I was talking to a blind date on the phone and described myself as curvy he would get a mental picture of some heffer with a muffin top.

On her show, it's very obvious that they try to hide her body (with the exception of her breasts). Everytime I've seen it, she's in black high-waisted pants. And I mean high, the pants probably go up to underneath her boobs.

She wears colorful short tops because if they were any longer, they would reach her belly and butt, which is much larger around. The colorful tops take the attention away from her larger bottom. Also, sometimes she'll be in all black, with a short, opened button sweater, which they must TAPE to her body, because instead of falling down naturally with gravity, the sweater traces the contours of her breasts exactly, and the sweater doesn't ever move. I can't stand how they do that.

I don't have a problem with her body. And supposedly, neither does she, but then why go to so much trouble to tape her up in black all the time?

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I have the very same body type and even being athletic it still takes diet and exercise to keep it under control. It doesn't take many lazy days and decadent meals to get a belly and swollen boobs.
    Ditto. I love her recipes and cooking style BUT she uses way too many high fat ingredients and sugar and chocolate (her desserts are heart attacks on a plate) and it was only a matter of time before it started to show. I also think she kept the weight off in the early days because she was under a lot of emotional stress with the illness and subsequent death of her husband from a nasty cancer. Her cooking career was launched from her long nights spent in the kitchen knocking up recipes as her coping mechanism. Now she's married to Charles Saatchi, multi millionaire art dealer and philanthropist, the pressure is off and the pounds are piling on.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

czb

nigella is definitely bigger than she used to be, but still not a porker. and even if she was, who cares? she is a chef, not a fitness model. her show is pretty entertaining, more so than rachael ray.

I tend to find fat TV chefs more believable anyway-you can tell they know their food!
    Last edited by Aella; October 25th, 2007 at 08:51 PM.

Amen, me too

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information