Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicole Richie starting to gain weight or still skinny?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by marvel View Post
    Either way I wish I had will power to stop eating. I have Nicole up at my desk at work because she will help me lose those last 10. Yes I'm crazy, I've known for years. Yes this bitch may be dying but its the determination and will power that I love about her.

What makes you think it's willpower and not cocaine (which increases metabolism and decreases appetite) and heavy-duty prescription appetite suppressants, hmmm?

I would love to lose those last 10 lbs. as well, but if I can't do it the healthy way (running/cardo 3x week for 45 minutes, weight training 2x week, Pilates 3x week, and eating plenty of healthy, nutritious food) then I'm going to say that I tried but it can't be done. Going hungry for the rest of my life just to maintain some idealized version of thinness is not my idea of quality of life. I'm already thinner than 90% of the population, and at the midpoint of the healthy weight range for my height, I don't think I should starve just to say I'm at the low end of the range.

I bet you anything Nicole Richie (or any of the other skeletwins) have extraordinary means (some kind of drugs) for staying so thin. It's ridiculous for any regular woman to aspire to that.

If you have to use a celeb for inspiration, use one who earns her knockout body legitimately. Like Jennifer Garner.

I totally agree, hotncmom.

It make me sick to hear that people admire her for her discipline or determination. I'm sure it has nothing to do with that.

There are many female celebs with awesome bodies who maintain their figure not by doing drugs, but by hard work and healthy eating. Why don't you use a pic of Jessica Biel, marvel? Jennifer Garner is a great example and so is Heidi Klum, for instance.

Taking someone with an eating disorder and a drug problem as a role model is just wrong.

She has gained some weight...her face is less bony

Elite Member

Either way I wish I had will power to stop eating. I have Nicole up at my desk at work because she will help me lose those last 10. Yes I'm crazy, I've known for years. Yes this bitch may be dying but its the determination and will power that I love about her.
    Starving isn't willpower. Starving yourself is a sure sign that you've got an eating disorder, and it just gives you the illusion iof being in control; in reality, it's the disorder controlling you, not you controlling your food.

Willpower, in this contest, is exercising regularly, eating at least three healthy, nutritious meals a day, using sugar, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine with restraint and, last but not least, knowing when to give in to temptation a little.

Oh yeah, and not losing tons of weight with the help of cocaine or other illegals drugs, of course...

Am I the only one who thinks that Nicole's new brown hair is a well-made wig, btw? I remember seeing some close-ups of her hair and roots not long ago and they looked like crap. I very much doubt that her hair could have gone from frizzy, thinning and in very bad shape to luxurious, shiny and healthy-looking in just a matter of days; and I don't think her roots could support extensions. I think it's a wig. A very good one, but definitely a wig; even if she had extensions, some of her own fried hair and roots would be bound to show.

Quote Originally Posted by thrpschr View Post
    Starving isn't willpower. Starving yourself is a sure sign that you've got an eating disorder, and it just gives you the illusion iof being in control; in reality, it's the disorder controlling you, not you controlling your food.

Willpower, in this contest, is exercising regularly, eating at least three healthy, nutritious meals a day, using sugar, caffeine, alcohol and nicotine with restraint and, last but not least, knowing when to give in to temptation a little.

Oh yeah, and not losing tons of weight with the help of cocaine or other illegals drugs, of course...

You deserve a medal for that statement.............couldnt have said it better!!!
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Now, this shit here is scary.

...and that's how eating disorders begin.

I really hope you're not being serious, otherwise you could be headed for serious health problems. Nicole Richie is not something to aspire to-like others said, why don't you use some healthier celebs with good bodies as inspiration? Or better yet, why don't you re-examine your attitude towards nutrition and exercise and attempt a lifestyle change rather than trying to emulate a celeb?

God go find some help... Stop eating is the worse way to lose weight! If you need lose some weight ask help to a doctor...! Begin an eatin-desorder to "look good" it's stupid..!

I wish she would just come out and say what the deal is. The whole, "I've been stressed" thing just doesn't cut it, I've lost weight from depression/stress but I never got down to a sickly thin bag of bones, it just doesn't make sense.
    She doesn't want people scrutinizing her or judging her but she won't come out and tell the truth, it's annoying.

And I don't think she's gained anything worth getting excited about, as it was said before it looks like she's just wearing a pushup or something, people don't gain weight like that in 3 or 4 days...unless of course they've been STARVING themselves.

Ugh, sorry.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Well, it looks like she's eating a little bit, she looks better and look!!! Her boobies have returned!! Whatever she did, good for her, she looks a bit healthier.

Gold Member

Another 15 lbs and she'd look great. I seriously doubt she'll gain that much though. She'd think she was fat again!

she looks good in those AMA-pics!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Wouldn't implants give a bit of an illusion that she has gained more weight than she actually has?

Did Nicole Richie get implants? (check this thread for her breast augmentation discussion)

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    Wouldn't implants give a bit of an illusion that she has gained more weight than she actually has?

Did Nicole Richie get implants? (check this thread for her breast augmentation discussion)
    I think that if you look at her collarbone it doesnt appear like they would cut glass anymore. Also her chest bones arent as viewable (and believe me when I say, a tan doesnt cover thoes suckers up but instead makes them look more pronounced). Also her arms have some meat on them again, they dont look like a wishbone from a chicken anymore.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information