Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: The new 90210 girls: skinny enough??

The second pic girl looks like you can break her in half

EXCLUSIVE: 90210 Costars Plan Intervention for Too-Thin Actresses
    Wednesday September 17, 2008

Buzz up!

Beverly Hills, 90210 stars Jessica Stroup and Shenae Grimes are so thin that show producers and costars are poised to take action, Us Weekly reports in its latest issue, on newsstands now.
    "They want the girls to gain weight," a show source tells Us. "They are trying too hard to be skinny, and it's started to wear on them. It's just not healthy."

Stroup, 21, is 5-foot-8 but weighs 100 to 105 pounds while Grimes, 18, is 5-foot-3 and stands at a mere 90 pounds, Beverly Hills-based weight-management expert Dr. Joyce Peters estimates to Us.
    "I've never seen Jessica or Shenae eat," another show source tells Us.
    So shocking is the situation that their 90210 male costars are contemplating an intervention.
    "I heard some of the boys on the show are going to sit down with the girls and talk to them," an additional show source tells Us.
    "The girls were all skinny when they started, but they're definitely thinner now," the source adds.

Usmagazine.com | News - EXCLUSIVE: 90210 Costars Plan Intervention for Too-Thin Actresses
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ they look like damn stick figures! idiots.

This new 90210 is just staggering to me for so many different reasons; for one the writing and about 85% of the acting is atrocious, and most of all it's just absolutely unrealistic.
    When I was in high school, the girls that I saw around and knew had real bodies; hips, legs, arms, big natural breasts (not to be crude). The portrayals of skinny gaunt teen girls resembles less 90210 and more Bosnia High. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

changing in the locker room was always the worst most depressing part of my day; the other girls had boobies and i had none

now everyone and i mean everyone i went to h.s. has kids now, some even 3 or 4!!!!

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByKnightRider View Post
    This new 90210 is just staggering to me for so many different reasons; for one the writing and about 85% of the acting is atrocious, and most of all it's just absolutely unrealistic.
    When I was in high school, the girls that I saw around and knew had real bodies; hips, legs, arms, big natural breasts (not to be crude). The portrayals of skinny gaunt teen girls resembles less 90210 and more Bosnia High. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

It's not meant to be realistic. It's glossy, campy fun. DeGrassi was meant to be more realistic and i couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of it. I lived through 'real' high school--i don't want to watch it again!
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

ITS NOT EVEN CAMPY or JUICY THOUGH! what this show needs is Aaron Spelling!!

Shenae says she eats

Posing with food means you’re actually eating the food…right?

This is Shenae Grimes on the set of 90210 yesterday after a visit to craft services yesterday. Conveniently the paps happened to be there too…

As you know, the stars of the show have been at the centre of a raging thin controversy the last couple of weeks, with both Shenae and Jessica Stroup landing on the cover of Us Weekly being accused of encouraging bad body examples.

The result?

Shenae and Jessica are now more famous than ever!

Shenae’s response to the criticism?

"Shake it off baby!"

And why not?

Not eating has rewarded her. By not eating, she landed a high profile magazine cover – doesn’t matter if the story wasn’t positive. It was a story, period. People know her name. She was featured on every entertainment news show.

So why start eating now? When not eating has paid off so handsomely?

No doubt… soon as she was out of photo range, that little food container got dumped. And she went back to mainlining coffee and cigarettes. Trust.

Shenae Grimes poses with food on the set of 90210
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

they're skinny as ... HELL ! God.
    Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul.
    Marilyn Monroe

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Umm yeah...those pictures show she is carrying a box with watermelon and grapes on top. There could be a cracker in the box for all we know. And she's not actually eating anything in the photos in any case.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I think it's a misconception that girls with eating disorders dont eat AT ALL. Some days they don't, but usually it's just severe calorie restriction. They can (attempt to) fool people (and it works for a while) by muching on a few apple slices, eating a few carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes at the food table, even nibbling at a salad (just the lettuce of course!). Even if she was papped "eating" it's still obvious she has an eating disorder. And yeah, why gain weight after all this attention? It's all so fucking sick.

Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    I think it's a misconception that girls with eating disorders dont eat AT ALL. Some days they don't, but usually it's just severe calorie restriction. They can (attempt to) fool people (and it works for a while) by muching on a few apple slices, eating a few carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes at the food table, even nibbling at a salad (just the lettuce of course!). Even if she was papped "eating" it's still obvious she has an eating disorder. And yeah, why gain weight after all this attention? It's all so fucking sick.
    BINGO! Anorexics EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "She tasted like Ciga-rettes"
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Gold Member

Say what you want about Britney, Jennifer Aniston, and Halle Berry but these three bitches have the BEST bodys by far. You can throw in Jessica Alba there too. These are women, who don't look like they NEVER eat or their body is so incredibly frail they will faint at a moments notice. I would kill for Jessica Albas post preggers body, but I take any of the ones I mentioned. They look amazing.

These 90210 wannabes are disgusting. The chick from "Nip Tuck" lost weight she was NEVER that skinny. She was actually kind of pretty and had a decent figure. Now its shot to hell. Yes to look at the old 90210 their was a HUGE diffrence. Shannon/Jennie/Tori had normal figures. Even though Tori was the boniest she didn't look like she was bulimic. Jennie was incredibly beautiful and had a good body. So did Tiffiani Amber Theissian, she made curvaeous a hell of lot more acceptable in the late 90's then ever seen before.

OMG Tiffani Amber Theisen was SO hot. I mean, a total knockout. They were all trim, but they looked healthy. *sigh* When do we think the Hollywood bobblehead thing started. I know thin has always been in, but when did actresses start striving to look like anorexics? It sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByRDi View Post
    OMG Tiffani Amber Theisen was SO hot. I mean, a total knockout. They were all trim, but they looked healthy. *sigh* When do we think the Hollywood bobblehead thing started. I know thin has always been in, but when did actresses start striving to look like anorexics? It sickens me.
    Agreed. It really is quite a contrast:

Kelly Kapowski was a knock-out.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information