Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The new 90210 girls: skinny enough??

I want Brenda back! there will never be an adequate replacement for her super bitch!

How did the old 90201 ever end? I know they went to college and I watched for awhile but then my interest faded.

Bronze Member

Scary!

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

donna and david married who cares; yeah i didnt watch the last 2 years im ashamed to say, but it sucked. Kelly was a shadow of her former slutty bad girl self and there were a bunch of new character i could care less about.

We should've listened to FF when we had the chance!!!

its just mind-boggling though! there are no white people in beverly hills!!!!! not like that anyways, Jewish yes, if u consider them white, i dont know however you consider yourself, but shit; there are not these types of whities walking around beverly hills!

When I was last there I have to admit that I saw a lot of different people, but the most prevalent type shopping in BH were arabs. Probably because they have the $$$; but yes, a nice mis of peoples.
    TV is just weird sometimes.

^ i know its really stupid. its so whitewashed; i forget cuz i live here now, but i guess thats how the rest of the country (world) sees L.A.?....

I honestly can't say - I guess they think its' like where they live & if that's a white neighbourhood, then it's like that? Its difficult for me to say.....

Quote Originally Posted by lienka View Post
    They have to cast skinny people because camera can make you look even 20 pounds heavier. That's why actors and actresses have to often slim down for roles and producers have a tendency to select slim people. Among thousands of people that want to act I'm sure they can find people who are naturally slim. And there are actually people that use their sense when it comes to food and they don't succumb to impulses. Like "I had to eat a whole chocolate because my boyfriend broke up with me." or "I had to eat the huge package of popcorn and drank the biggest Coke because the smell in the movie theater was so irresistible". Most of the people eat at least 40% more than than their body needs for healthy working. They have weight problems and if someone is skinny, they assume it has to be forced. People had been forcing excessive amount of food down their stomach until this organ stretched and now we can look at the streets in USA and see the outcome.
    I've been on TV and I didn't look any heavier than I did in photos taken at the same time.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    ^ i know its really stupid. its so whitewashed; i forget cuz i live here now, but i guess thats how the rest of the country (world) sees L.A.?....
    Well, I really wish I could tell you that's the reason Friends has all white people because that's the how the rest of the world sees New York City
    Last edited by bychance; August 12th, 2008 at 10:40 PM.

^ i kno its wierd, but i think nyc (well manhattan at least) has more white ppl than l.a. at least. *off to my archives*

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    That's great, mind telling me why the girl in orange has a huge fucking head compared to her meatless, shrivelled body?

WHy do the older 90210 kids look fine, but the new ones look anorexic? hmm?
    Only thing that interests most of producers are numbers and ratings. Nothing else. They don’t care how you look like as long as majority of people (mainstream audience) think you look good.

You people will complain how these new BH stars are skinny but then you will go to different threads complaining about Misha Barton’s wide legs and hips or Britney’s stumpy body.

Do you think those companies are happy to pay lots of money to graphic designers that have to work overtimes in front of PC because a normal looking woman looks big on a promotional poster thanks to lighting, perspective and focal length of objective (for your imagination Image:Focal length.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and they have deadlines cause the poster will go to print the next morning?

If they didn’t do it, millions of potential customers aka viewers would log on the net or open the mag and said : “she looks so stumpy, she’s paid to look good bla bla. Then some effeminate Kiki in charge of a top fashion house will scream “no way our precious masterpiece will hang on something that people called fat” and soon it will be a chain reactions of other companies. After all, such shows are often about product placement and they live from it.

If this happens, the producers can either hang themselves or they can force those actresses to lose weight so they look normal or camera (nor too skinny or fat is good). Weight loss it’s the cheapest option cause editing every scene frame after frame would be a suicide.

After it happens, tabloids that live from these “changes” financed by companies with different interests jump on it and the never-ending circle of gossips begins. If the “objects” won’t get crazy or breaks down, producers will still realize enough is enough and such person is useless for further collaboration. You need to be a talent with big T to remain intact. So they find a fresh face trying to earn money quickly knowing public is fickle but easily get influenced.

For these reasons it’s often easier to find a skinny person that will look normal on the screen. Obviously my post is just an example and it's more complicated in the real business.

Don’t forget where was Internet in early nineties when BH90210 was new. Such mass feedback and public scrutinizing wasn’t possible. The individuals were more isolated thanks to lower interaction level of TV, radio and print and it was much difficult for companies to find out what their viewers think. Focus groups, surveys and feedback letters were nice but you have to admit the mass power of message boards and other sites can often give you a better idea than former expensive researches.

People should think why Hollywood try to fabricate people's dreams the way they do.

Thumbs down

Wow these girls look like shite

Gold Member

Bitches need to gain some weight! I am so sick of these damn Hollywood stick figures! It's bloody ridiculous!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information