Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally skinny people-cursed or blessed?

Not cursed or blessed. Just the way you are.
    I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and sky...

Gold Member

I know what u mean. im naturally skinny, too. While I think its great I can eat all I want and it doesnt show, ppl never believe I eat a lot. that is until they see it BIG shock every time, its kinnda funny, actually. Sure, some comments are annoying, but so are some ppl

I can eat tons of crap and not put on weight, but I'm not sure if "skinny" is the word for it. I'm slim, but I still have hips and my boobs are actually on the large size for my frame (32C-D depending on the brand/hormones etc). People often seem to overlook the flesh I do have though, be it in a positive or negative way, to constantly reference how "tiny" I am. Maybe I seem even smaller because I'm short? *shrug*

However, I like how I look (usually). So screw anyone who thinks that calling me gaunt will magically pass their own body image problems along, like some kind of neurotic relay. I have the two X chromosomes to prove that I am in fact a "real woman", thanks.

Actually, the part about the boobs reminds me of the only thing about my unchanging slimness that does annoy me - I never feel like I can complain my figure like other girls are allowed to. For example, bitching about the fact that I can never find a bra my size, or confessing that I sometimes feel like I'm caught in an awkward limbo between skinny and curvy (in the good sense) and get a bit insecure about it - it all just gets eyerolls from other females. Honestly, if I have to put up with them moaning all the time because they squeeze into clothes 2 sizes too small and wonder why they look wobbly, then they can bloody well listen to me complain when I feel oddly proportioned!

We are what we are. I do wonder though, why when one has a natural metabolism that allows them to eat normally and stay slim, it's more accepted than when one has a natural metabolism that keeps them large when they eat normally. Accusing a thin person of having an eating disorder is just the opposite end of the spectrum of assuming a fat person is a lazy blob. Clearly there is more to our shape than what we put in our mouths and it's unfortunate that we put such judgment of character on it.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm naturally thin and while it was great to be able to eat whatever I wanted, the constant comments like, "You're so pretty but you really need to gain some weight," or "I'm worried- you're too thin," were really hurtful and offensive.
    ITA. Family and friends will say the same to me sometimes and I fluctuate between a 3 and 5 US, so it's not like I'm a zero. I eat more than my recommended daily amount of calories, so it's not like I'm starving myself.

I hate it when even strangers make a rude comment about me being thin to my face in public. Would they openly make a snarky comment to someone overweight? It's the same in my eyes. Not everyone that is thin is unhealthy or starving themselves, just like how not everyone that is overweight overeats and is unhealthy. Some of my family members have thyroid problems and have extra weight as a result.

I got a bit bitchy with someone that made a comment to me at the food check-out line in a grocery store several months ago. They commented on me buying ice cream by saying "Wow, I can't believe you stay so skinny eating that" in a snobby tone whilst looking me up and down with this "uh-huh, yeah right" look on their face. It sounded as though they didn't believe I ate the stuff; as though I threw it up or something. I simply said "Wow, I can't believe you made a rude comment about my weight and my food considering your own appearance and your own unhealthy food choices in your cart." That shut her ass up.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I'm naturally thin and while it was great to be able to eat whatever I wanted, the constant comments like, "You're so pretty but you really need to gain some weight," or "I'm worried- you're too thin," were really hurtful and offensive.

Haven't sat had time to go through the entire thread, but I'd definitely like to go through it because I fit into the category and think it's nice to have a thread dedicated to it.

Had to quote southernbelle, however, because she pretty much sums it all up when it comes to what annoys the hell out of those who can't pack on the pounds no matter how much they eat. While nowadays it's un-PC to make "fat comments", people seem to think it's okay to make offensive comments on skinny people and question our health because average seems to be enlarging by the minute. Pejorative comments on weight hurt in equal intensity no matter what number shows on your scale.

I especially take offense at my female coworkers' comments, as they question my health, because apparently all sorts of skinny nowadays are associated with disease (the naturally skinny have become somewhat mythical), while obesity is not. Funny thing is that every single time I went to lunch with them I was the only one actually having a meal: the others were all dieting and starving themselves on salad and diet beverages beause they want to... be skinny. Hypocritical. I swear that at the next time I get offended I'll take it to the HR, but not before snapping back with a: "How would you feel if I called you a fat cow or told you to watch your arteries several times a day?".

Naturally skinny here, mid-20s. Have lunch with the guys every day because they're actually enjoying their meals instead of counting calories and talking diet, points, pounds and shit while they're eating. Cursed or blessed? I say neither. My say on the weight issue is embrace it if you're happy with it, and, most important of all, healthy. Also never be a hypocritical bitch like the ones forementioned. Finally, standards are extremely valuable in a vast variety of areas of knowledge, yet have to be used wisely and cannot be applied to what healthy people should or should not look like. It's downright ridiculous and pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora View Post
    I swear that at the next time I get offended I'll take it to the HR, but not before snapping back with a: "How would you feel if I called you a fat cow or told you to watch your arteries several times a day?".
    Please please please please do. You'll be my personal hero.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I can spot a naturally slim person from someone with some kind of diet fetish or eating disorder. It's not just about your size or weight. ED people have a certain "look" that isn't natural at all and doesn't fool anyone except themselves. Unfortunately they don't realise this.
    i was going to ignore this but that is seriously ridiculous. You can't judge something like that based on a "certain look". There could be numerous reasons for "the look" and it's not necessarily the result of an ED. Although, I am a little curious as to what the "look" is. Care to explain??
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

well hell I've just been accused of being a drug addict my whole life because I'm so thin lol(small town life is wonderful). I've hit 30 and I quit smoking and have put on about 10lbs(now up to a whooping 100). I've heard it all I'm sick,druggy,bulmic,an asshole you just have to get to a point where you can say yea I'm a skinny bitch and fuck you too
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

Im 5'7 and 100lbs. I get rude comments all the time (and yes, mostly from either fat chicks or the boyfriends of fat chicks). I put it down to ignorance and/or jealousy. It is very possible to be naturally skinny. Not every person who isnt your average Jo Fatass has an eating disorder. Dont hate me because my metabolism is way fucking cooler than yours, is what i always say. All skinny minnies should love themselves from the most prominent collar bone, to the lankiest chicken leg. We look awesome in all clothes and dont have to worry about avoiding horizontal stripes and/or adding a thick belt to cinch in our vast gelatonous waists or any such nonsense lol. We have no need for girdles, spanx, or any of those ridiculous contraptions invented to make an out of shape woman look like us. We can enjoy that slice of pizza guilt free whilst the chubby chick looks on ravenously, lest she should mess up her diet. We can have every man in the room wishing they stood a chance with such a hottie before going back home to their slobbish pig like girlfriends. We look classy and youthful, elegant and willowy. ENJOY IT!

^^ being 5'7" myself, i can't POSSIBLY imagine being 100lbs. i have a very tiny frame, but i couldn't ever enjoy being that skinny. i personally look/feel best in the 120-125 range. i have no comment on you or your frame because i don't know you. but you do seem awfully bitter toward "fat chicks"... i'd lighten up your attitude, maybe people wouldn't be so mean.
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Okay look, being skinny is revered in our society, so this thread is a bit much. I can't imagine that skinny people would complain so much and think they have it so bad - I feel like its fairly obvious that its the overweight who are marginalized and often humiliated in our society, while the skinny are praised. I bet you a nickel to a dime that if these skinny people were fat for a day, they would be running in the opposite direction thinking how great their life is now. Its almost like this thread is fishing for compliments. I'm normal in size so I feel like I can be objective - and hell yes, if given the option obviously I would rather be skinny than fat. So would almost everyone else, I would assume. So sometimes these threads can kind of get a knee-jerk reaction our of me - like give me a break! I imagine I'll be jumped on for this opinion, but obviously skinny people aren't "cursed" - and if you think you are, you need a serious reality check!
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

*applause*

Ita, January. I think only back in the time of Reuben would being chubby or fat be truly seen as desirable.

And yes, while strangers judging you for being too thin is rude and off-putting, it's nowhere near the nastiness and disdainful judgment reserved for the fat. It's not a contest, but it's still all relative.

Quote Originally Posted by CaramelSugarBoo View Post
    Im 5'7 and 100lbs. We can have every man in the room wishing they stood a chance with such a hottie before going back home to their slobbish pig like girlfriends. We look classy and youthful, elegant and willowy. ENJOY IT!
    ....whew, thanks for that laugh....

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Hit By Ban Bus!

I mean, 100lbs isnt exactly my ideal, but i am only 20. I dont beleive in keeping scales in the house, so the other day at my doctors checkup i got weighed and was very surprised to learn that i weighed so little, because i eat very well most of the time. My bitter and mean attitude comes from years of being put down by bitter and mean people who assume i have an eating disorder just because they couldnt possibly eat a big slice of chocolate cake without it all going to their hips. Nothing against anyone per se, but on the whole overweight people just always seem to be so angry and negative all the time, and are the very face of gluttony and greed in the western world, everything i hate. And yes, most men secretly prefer skinny, delicate, feminine women, but just dont admit it for fear of being accused of being 'shallow'. Men who like fat chicks are perverts imo. Not everybody has to be overweight and nasty, you know. I am very skinny, and you know what, i really enjoy not blending in with the fat masses. Its not like i purposely have to starve myself. Kiss the ring, bitches!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information