Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally skinny people-cursed or blessed?

CURSED!!!!!!

Its funny. The girls at my gymnastics class were asking me why my legs were like that, and I was like ...wut, iunno. She told me she wished she was skinny like me. I as like OMFG!! It was the strangest thing because I was looking at her body all day wishing my body was like her's.

I want to eat a lot of food and watch my body change, look different. Every time I look in the mirror I look the damn same.Its petty, but I want to know how it feels like to gain weight!!

I once had an episode where a 'friend' came everyday to ask me what I had for breakfast lunch dinner ect I found them wierd questions.
    Then one day in the gym i was really into a song so I started to go really fast and she came and yelled to me about being a liar. that obvious I did not eat ect... But then again I was sorry for her because Yes I am like that naturally and she is ....not
    so I feel blessed (but that day I felt really cursed)

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    How old are you? Usually by your mid-twenties things start to change. I was very thin until after college and then I began to gain weight. I miss the days when I could eat anything. Enjoy it while it lasts!

I am at my early 20s.
    I look at girls who have more meat on their bodies and I wish I was like that.
    I plan to start weight training to gain some weight ,although I have tried it before and it didn't change me a lot.

I didn't even break the 100 pound mark until I was about 30. I'm only 5'1" and always weighed about 85 pounds. I ate like a horse. The good thing is, when I gained weight, I put on good curves. Boobs, butt, hips, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by crazygirl View Post
    I am at my early 20s.
    I look at girls who have more meat on their bodies and I wish I was like that.
    I plan to start weight training to gain some weight ,although I have tried it before and it didn't change me a lot.
    CrazyGirl- My friend in junior high school was gangly, skinny, flat as a board. She envied the girls who were developing. She filled out a little at 20. Don't worry, enjoy your life.

Here she is now at 46, two kids, size 2. Not bad, huh?

she looks great!
    thank you for your support..

I dunno...I think it can be a curse if it causes you to take your health for granted. I have a couple naturally thin friends who are pushing 40 and all those years of being able to eat and drink whatever they wanted with no visible effects on their outside physiques have led to them developing serious health problems that people who don't know them or only know them casually are always shocked to find out about, as they're stilll thin and often mistaken for being "perfectly healthy" when they're actually anything but.

Most of the women on my mom's side are naturally thin in youth, gaining a little bit of thickness with age to where they have to watch it later. There's a couple fatties, but they're the ones who still try to eat like they could at 25, work jobs where they're on their asses all day and/or otherwise lay on their asses in general a bit too much. On my dad's side, they're a bit thinner....all tiny and lean with racehorse metabolisms in youth, with the effects lasting a few decades longer than on my mom's side before they have to buckle down "watch it". Even still, there are a couple on his side who managed to let themselves go....probably because it's way harder to change your lifestyle and the way you eat at 45 or 50 than it is at 25 or 30.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

omg! thats not fair! im average, but it takes me forever to lose some weight. my friend meg eats EVERYTHING and it never shows, while another friend is on a constant diet and gains weight just by looking at food! not fair lol

I'm average size, but have always had to watch my weight, even when I was younger. I can lose weight with little effort, but can pack it on in a heartbeat if I'm not careful. Maintaining is what's hardest for me.

Anyway, I would LOVE to be able to eat whatever I wanted and not gain weight!!

IMO you are blessed.

Silver Member

It's a blessing. All else being equal, thinner people tend to live longer and age slower. I think it looks better, too.

Bronze Member

I am 5'9 125 lbs, male, and am perfectly happy. I can eat mounds of food without gain. My body is well toned with muscle, I have a naturally small frame.

Plus, skinny people are better for sex, so much room

Being skinny does not mean you are unhealthy. I rarely get sick more than once a year or so. My body is able to perform any manual task with equal or greater performance than the average male.

Another advantage is overall comfort, I find it relaxing to be in my body.

Wow, I remember this topic, lol. Still don't like being skinny, but having a figure in the same vein as Rihanna's, I don't seem to mind anymore.

I'm 5'4, and aprx. 110 lbs btw. I want to gain 10 more pounds. Just bless me with a little more back God, please. Is that so hard.

It's tough to be on either end of the scale, but I think it may be easier on larger people.

My best friend is naturally skinny, and she loses loads of weight when she gets stressed out...weight that she can't afford to lose. She has a really difficult time putting it on. I feel for her, even though I have the opposite problem.

My younger daughter has always been underweight, and is a super skinny, but healthy 7yo. You'd be surprised at how many people I have asking me about her weight, commenting on it, or asking if she has an eating disorder or if I have had her checked for a tapeworm. She recently had a growth spurt and looks more twiggy than usual, and these assholes that feel the need to comment have made me have to reassure her with regards to her body image.

It pisses me off, and makes me think back to my youth, when I was underweight and everyone took the opportunity to comment and "feed me up". I'm glad that I am more outspoken than my mother was on behalf of my own daughters.
    By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity -- another man's I mean. -Mark Twain

When you're overweight, people are up for helping you kindly giving tips while they obviously think "thank god I'm slimmer than her" then after your weight loss the same people start preaching about how unhealthy is to lose THAT much weight, are you sure you are ok, even though you're roughly the same size now as them. Why? Because you, as a "bad example" and a token thing that they can measure against and find satisfactory results is gone, you might look better and this means THEY look bad and they have to start working on their shape. Noone likes that so they start slagging you off... Pure jealousy.

I agree, people are not tough on slightly overweight people - noone says to them: are you ok, you should put less food in your mouth while slim people are instantly labelled as bad eaters, overconscious about eating, having an eating disorder etc and people also feel the need to comment things like: you look soooo thin (even if you are average), you should eat more...

A*O

I can spot a naturally slim person from someone with some kind of diet fetish or eating disorder. It's not just about your size or weight. ED people have a certain "look" that isn't natural at all and doesn't fool anyone except themselves. Unfortunately they don't realise this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information