Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My figure is down to 20 minutes of Pilates a day, reveals Kate Winslet

Gold Member

I think she looks stunning but next to the average Hollywood actress, she is probably classed as big. When did being a (uk) size 10 become
    big? I don't understand the whole underweight actress thing.
    Kate looks healthy , womanly and most important-happy

She looks fantastic. I'm not buying that it was strictly with Pilates, though. I do Pilates and it works great, but without a strict change in diet you're not going to see the results that she has. Maybe she does the 20 minutes of Pilates a day to maintain her new body, but thats not how she achieved it. I don't know why these celebs always try to make it sound easy, like the weight just comes off, especially with someone like Kate who has been heavy the better part of her adult life. She had to have changed her diet drastically, or else this new body wouldn't be possible.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by llamamama View Post
    I've been doing research and it seems that resistance training is the way to go. Doing cardio may burn calories, but not as much as people think. And most people eat more because they are hungrier and it cancels out the effort. I have 40 lbs to lose now and I'm doing weight training only, no cardio at all. I know it's radical, most people think you need to do tons of cardio to lose weight, I'll let you know how it goes. I've lost a few inches already and a few pounds. I did not change my diet at all, yet. And I have a boatload of cellulite on my ass and thighs to lose, I can't wait to see if this works.

They say to take a look at the weight section of the gym and the cardio section and who has better bodies? It's usually the people in the weights section! I have friends who have been running for years, no weights, and they don't look so great and are always complaining, what's the point? That ain't gonna be me. Oh yeah, I'm only doing 20 minutes, 3X a week.
    This is what I've been taught by an expert nutritionist. Muscle burns fat, and being well-muscled raises your metabolism. Just doing cardio is not adequate. We need to do some cardio, for our general health, but resistance training will help people slim down dramatically. I have found it is true.

Also, resistance training really is for life. No matter how old a person gets, it is not too late to start building muscle, whereas cardio abilities diminish a great deal. So a seventy-year-old can do resistance training and really improve the body, but cardio is going to be iffy in that case.

And resistance training can strengthen the bones, which is crucial for many women b/c of osteoporosis.

The nutritionist also teaches that cardio and diet alone are not really adequate to help with losing weight--they are only part of the picture. Especially as we age and the metabolism slows down, resistance training is the key.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    She looks fantastic. I'm not buying that it was strictly with Pilates, though. I do Pilates and it works great, but without a strict change in diet you're not going to see the results that she has. Maybe she does the 20 minutes of Pilates a day to maintain her new body, but thats not how she achieved it. I don't know why these celebs always try to make it sound easy, like the weight just comes off, especially with someone like Kate who has been heavy the better part of her adult life. She had to have changed her diet drastically, or else this new body wouldn't be possible.
    Agreed.
    Color me skeptical...

If you've ever been an athlete, pilates is a walk in the park. I've done pilates and yoga and I've never been convinced that they are "exercise." I haven't done the hardcore yoga and I'll admit that looks like a good workout.

Hit By Ban Bus!

her face looks so different that I don't even recognize that it's her on the front of magazines.. if she's happy then good for her.

Carol Burnett says she does pilates also, shes got a personal trainer to help her..... isn't that just special?

^^ that's just because true Pilates requires the machines (the cadillac and the reformer) and you need a spotter. the mat work (contrology)was secondary.

They had a big trademark case a few years back about Pilates, and now there are lots things calling themselves Pilates that aren't. Joesph Pilates would be appalled.

When I was a gymnast, sometimes when someone was injured they would do Pilates on the machines so they wouldn't fall out of shape while healing, and the machines wouldn't put weight on the knees or ankles.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

A*O

There's a similar article in Grazia magazine, possibly taken from the same interview. She does go on about how she hates people who go on about weight but in her business she has no choice but to confirm to the Skinnywood rules. She does also say that in addition to the pilates she also works out at the gym and has changed her diet to low-no carbs. Her new body shape isn't just down to the pilates.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I think she's wearing the gold cartier panther ring I'm obsessed with.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

She looks beautiful!
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

I don't really like her lips. The top lip looks stretched out in a way. Yes, I know that sounds nit picky and shallow.

I have the cat ears on my upper lip too, but my lips are naturally pouting and look hot with lipstick... hers look funny, wonder if she did something to them?

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post

I agree, I don't believe she only did Pilates to lose weight. It's great for toning and conditioning the body but it's not really a weight loss program.

I didn't think you could lose weight only through exercise. I've always thought diet played a huge role too. But these idiots are always saying 'I work out like mad, and I eat whatever I want'.

Yet another one right on cue, cover story about celeb ruminating on physique and what she did to get there, so on and so forth, to the adulation and praise of the masses on how great she looks.

Just like death and taxes, celebs and their unhealthy obsessions with weight and body image are a sure bet.

SVZ

I don't get it...why is SHE always accused of using photoshop? All celebs are photoshopped!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information