Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The mother of THIRTEEN who is a size zero

Elite Member

It bothers me that this is a weight story, as if that is more important than the practical and social implications of having 11 children.

[QUOTE=RevellingInSane;674419]
    A 36 year old grandmother is something to be happy about? Hell no. Then again, our town's trailer park elite had 32 year old grandmothers. I think the record was 27 years old. /QUOTE]

Gah how is this even possible?!

What an awful looking woman... I feel sorry for those kids, I don't imagine they get much one on one time with either of their parents.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by wheelbarrow View Post
    It bothers me that this is a weight story, as if that is more important than the practical and social implications of having 11 children.
    Yeah that, and moreso....it's almost like somebody deliberately went out of his/her way (and why am I thinking probably some dude?) to find the tiniest chick who'd popped out the most kids ever. Now all the rest of us moms have no excuse whatsoever to look like we've ever given birth, much less have any extra weight/skin anywhere on bodies whatsoever.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I must admit they are all pretty good looking kids!

Also who cares about her weight, I would be more inclined to worry about her insides falling out. (what is the correct name of that again?)

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Yeah that, and moreso....it's almost like somebody deliberately went out of his/her way (and why am I thinking probably some dude?) to find the tiniest chick who'd popped out the most kids ever. Now all the rest of us moms have no excuse whatsoever to look like we've ever given birth, much less have any extra weight/skin anywhere on bodies whatsoever.
    You hit the nail on the head. I am so sick of the media agenda pushing the "ideal" woman as a tiny size 0. As an adult woman I think I would have to literally starve myself to be that size. I exercise quite a bit (run 12 miles/week, 2 hours Pilates/week, weight training 2x/week) and eat a moderate diet of 1500-1600 cal/ day, and I am a size 4-6. My waist measurement is 3 inches larger than when I was in high school. But in H.S. I never exercised, I just had a fast metabolism. I am already hungry all the time even with a moderate diet because of all the exercise I do. I can't cut back on the food any more. I can't exercise more than I already do because I have a life. Barring any unforeseen illness that makes me drop weight, I'll never be a size 0 and I am OK with that. But stories like these try to plant in women's minds that this is achievable for everyone and that's just plan bullshit. This woman was just genetically blessed with a fast metabolism. Don't make her out to be some kind of ideal that we can all achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. I am so sick of the media agenda pushing the "ideal" woman as a tiny size 0. As an adult woman I think I would have to literally starve myself to be that size. I exercise quite a bit (run 12 miles/week, 2 hours Pilates/week, weight training 2x/week) and eat a moderate diet of 1500-1600 cal/ day, and I am a size 4-6. My waist measurement is 3 inches larger than when I was in high school. But in H.S. I never exercised, I just had a fast metabolism. I am already hungry all the time even with a moderate diet because of all the exercise I do. I can't cut back on the food any more. I can't exercise more than I already do because I have a life. Barring any unforeseen illness that makes me drop weight, I'll never be a size 0 and I am OK with that. But stories like these try to plant in women's minds that this is achievable for everyone and that's just plan bullshit. This woman was just genetically blessed with a fast metabolism. Don't make her out to be some kind of ideal that we can all achieve.
    There has been quite a back-lash on TV here (in the UK), programs about "these women dieted to size zero" & they focus on how unhealthy it is. It's all done under medical supervision; we've also had programs where stars come out & say that they will never be a size zero, but so show what they do eat & stuff. I think they're mainly on Channel Five (which is a newer channel), but then we get all this crap in the papers re: Posh & diets, etc...
    Its coming to a balance, but I do think that the promotors of size zeros are winning out.

(oh & at 130-133lbs which is the minimal health for my height (5'8") I was still a size 9 Gap jeans.... So it's SO unrealistic for some of us! I was skin & bone; but felt strangely good.... but it was through being poor & walking everywhere rather than dieting)
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

She probably burns off the fat with all that fuckin'.

Cute kids though.

Meh. If fucking burned off fat, I'd be shredded to the bone.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She looks like Anna Nicole's cousin Shelley, the one without teeth.

^^Haha! You're right Picara, she DOES!!

Prolapse is what I was thinking!

That woman needs a face transplant.
    Coffee is my happy drug

She's hidious!

Also my grandma was one at 36, so that seems pretty normal to me for the day and age I was born.

13 kids? another one on the way? gawd, she's the reason kids kill their parents.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information