Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A model at Guy Laroche spring/summer 2007 fashion show

Fashion is just a stupid bullshit industry anyway. I've seen the valley girl chicks at my college that take the fashion course and I swear they all have a combined IQ of a peach pit.

I really don't understand why the fashion world uses these anorexic corpse to model their shit anyway. I've never seen those kind of clothes on any woman on the street. So what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    heroin chic was a fashion trend and i loved it! I thought the photography and drab lifeless gray styling was beautiful...but thats just me. I also lived and loved grunge I also like and admire goth and even glam rock style, even though I don't and never have practiced either.

everything in fashion has a time and place but not to be taken too seriously.

my fashion icon idol ^
    Well, Alice, since you're such a dumbass, I'm surprised that you're able to differentiate between a drug habit and a fashion trend. Brava, girl.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ rofl; doesn't 'Lanugo' sound like a yummy Italian dish?!

LOL actually, to me it sounds like some sort of contagious dermatological disorder where you have to be sent away.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

The fashion industry takes young girls and tells them this is what they have to do and they're so young, so uneducated, many from unsupportive backgrounds and they go for it, not realizing they're going either drop dead, end up on drugs or look like shit before they hit 30.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post

- wat is she looking at anyway in that second pic?

probably a mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Well, Alice, since you're such a dumbass, I'm surprised that you're able to differentiate between a drug habit and a fashion trend. Brava, girl.
    Its a fashion trend BASED on a drug habit......that doesnt sound a bit SICK to you????? Interesting.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    The fashion industry takes young girls and tells them this is what they have to do and they're so young, so uneducated, many from unsupportive backgrounds and they go for it, not realizing they're going either drop dead, end up on drugs or look like shit before they hit 30.
    yeah well a lot of them do have parents who allow it; like pageant moms. I would not let my minor daughter into that shit, but once they're 18 ...

Sick? I don't know about "Sick" but I can certainly differentiate between admiring a visual image for its aesthetic value and the actual act of shooting up. That is the point, not the origin of the style. Alice got jumped for liking the style. She never said heroin itself was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Sick? I don't know about "Sick" but I can certainly differentiate between admiring a visual image for its aesthetic value and the actual act of shooting up. That is the point, not the origin of the style. Alice got jumped for liking the style. She never said heroin itself was ok.
    But you are admiring a image BASED ON A DRUG ADDICTION.....basing the style off of ACTUAL heroin addicts....to me that is NOT cool./
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I like rock, glam rock, metal etc but that doesn't mean I condone or endorse boozing and drug use... I don't wear leather or even have tattoos!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Great point, mooms. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples, as well. Certainly other posters know more about this subject than I, but I'm thinking that many (most?) styles stem from *something* and I'm wondering if we're all supposed to research the origins of styles we like, and make sure there's nothing seedy or objectionable involved?

Never mind, I'm not trying to keep an argument going. I do see your point, esmerelda, but I just think you overreacted. What's done is done. Far be it from me to throw stones regarding overreacting. Big ones, anyway.

That girl was Supermodel of the World in 2004, very sad to see what it has done to her. She was so happy in that video, wonder if she still is.

On a lighter note, she reminds me of that skeleton that hung in the biology classroom in high school. When the teacher would leave, somebody would take that skeleton down and put it some really uncompromising positions. That often led to detention but was worth a laugh.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by KandyKorn View Post

On a lighter note, she reminds me of that skeleton that hung in the biology classroom in high school. .
    i know! thats funny

The dress is pretty cool if it weren't for that big yellow turd in the front.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information