Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Mischa Barton in bikini

  1. #31
    Elite Member olivia720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    10,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalev View Post
    What the....?
    You're gonna have to elaborate more than that if I'm supposed to know what you're talking about.

  2. #32
    Elite Member Shalev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Israel.
    Posts
    7,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    You're gonna have to elaborate more than that if I'm supposed to know what you're talking about.
    Ugh..

    You wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    I'm not calling her fat, but if she wants to work in tv/film she will have to shave it down. But of course she looks great for the "real" world.
    And I wrote "what the...?", like wtf/wth. Basicly, I think this is BS.
    If she wants to gain weight, so be it. that doesn't mean she can't work and get roles in tv/movies.
    So she's not 45 kg anymore..... big fu**ing deal.

  3. #33
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalev View Post
    Ugh..

    You wrote:


    And I wrote "what the...?", like wtf/wth. Basicly, I think this is BS.
    If she wants to gain weight, so be it. that doesn't mean she can't work and get roles in tv/movies.
    So she's not 45 kg anymore..... big fu**ing deal.
    I don't think olivia720 is very far off with her assessment. We may not think that Mischa is fat or need to be 45 kg, but unfortunately the entertainment industry does. The minute that she get cast in a role, there is 99% chance that she'll be ask to lose weight/tone up.

  4. #34
    Elite Member Shalev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Israel.
    Posts
    7,629

    Default

    ^ Oh, come on.
    What about Kate Winslet? [funny it's her avatar] she's not scary skinny, not even close, and her career is not over yet. So stop acting like scared sheeps after most of the media.
    she gained weight, and it's not the end of the world. [or career].

    Edit:
    btw, I find it seriously ridiculous that when she's so skeletal, it's bad.
    but when she's a bit heavier, people say she's pretty fat for the media.

    The first step against this stupid awful attitude of the media, is not to be so shocked when a girl gains a bit weight. at least this is what I think.
    Last edited by Shalev; April 14th, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

  5. #35
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    402

    Default

    ^ I agree with you. There are more than a few women in Hollywood with bodies thicker than Mischa's. Some of their bodies are even frequently admired.

  6. #36
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,467

    Default

    Show off.

  7. #37
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shalev View Post
    ^ Oh, come on.
    What about Kate Winslet? [funny it's her avatar] she's not scary skinny, not even close, and her career is not over yet. So stop acting like scared sheeps after most of the media.
    she gained weight, and it's not the end of the world. [or career].

    Edit:
    btw, I find it seriously ridiculous that when she's so skeletal, it's bad.
    but when she's a bit heavier, people say she's pretty fat for the media.

    The first step against this stupid awful attitude of the media, is not to be so shocked when a girl gains a bit weight. at least this is what I think.
    Winslet has established herself as a credible actress with actual talent and as such, does not have to rely solely on her physical appearence. Whereas, for Barton her youth, beauty (so far = thin/lanky) and "it" girl tag are her main selling points. The types of roles that they are auditioning for are also different - it's like comparing apples to oranges.

    I'm not suggesting that this little bit of weight gain is going to end her career. However, if she refuse to conform to Hollywood's beauty standards, she may have to handle her career in a different way - actually developing her acting chops instead of just attending premiers and coasting on her "it" girl label for example.

    I'm hardly shocked or acting like scared sheeps (it's not like it's my career that's affected), but it is a reality that for a young actress being hot is incredibly important. Would Jessica Alba be where she is today if she hasn't lost a tonne of weight since her Idle Hands/Never Been Kiss days and became "hot"?It's just unfortunate that in Hollywood, hot = 15lb underweight-thin.

  8. #38
    Elite Member dangerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snarker View Post
    Winslet has established herself as a credible actress with actual talent and as such, does not have to rely solely on her physical appearence. Whereas, for Barton her youth, beauty (so far = thin/lanky) and "it" girl tag are her main selling points. The types of roles that they are auditioning for are also different - it's like comparing apples to oranges.
    I agree with this.

  9. #39
    Elite Member Shalev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Israel.
    Posts
    7,629

    Default

    So maybe Kate wasn't a good example, I sorta agree with that.
    I still think that people should stop being so mean/shocked if some celeb [especially female] gained a bit weight.
    as I said before, this is the first step against this stupid horrible media.

  10. #40
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,532

    Default

    What has Kate really done that was THAT great? I seem to be lost on that one.
    And yes, Mishca has gained some weight but she isn't fat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mischa Barton
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
  2. Mischa Barton
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 6th, 2007, 06:13 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: August 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
  4. Mischa Barton Bikini Pics.
    By LunaShar in forum Photo Archive
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 25th, 2005, 10:50 AM
  5. Hi from Mischa Barton
    By Mischa Barton in forum New Members
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 25th, 2005, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •