Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mind your heart, boys!

dead yet.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by G-clef View Post
    Of course I don't like spare tires, but I don't like super thinness either, A lean healthy body with muscles in it is beautiful.
    In your opinion it is. Some people like a little bit of cuddlesome, some people like skinny-skinny-skinny, and others find there is nothing more gorgeous than rolls and mounds. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and as we are all different then so are our individual concepts of what is beautiful.

But, and this is still what people here don't get, this is not about beauty, but about health.
    But again and again we can have the argument that size isn't always an indicator of how healthy a person is. Two men in my life have suffered heart problems in their thirties (I must be a jinx! ) and one of those, who I was dating at the time of his collapse, was slender, toned, active and not a drug user and there was no genetic or annecdotal history of heart problems in his family. Both of them survived.

If someone has not used drugs in any heavy way, a spare tire is nothing to fuzz over at all, but, with the history of drugs and heart faliures, these boys has been through, they have to be extra careful, as simple as that. It's a pay-situation,, they have to pay for what they did before in life to achieve the same health level as someone who has not died two-three times already.

As we for sure don't know their genes, it's of course even more important. My grandpa was a huge smoker all his life and he was over 90 when he died, and his death had nothing do to with his lungs. But you can't count on luck, can you?
    My 'adopted' dad is in his 60's now. He drinks too much, smokes too much, has chronic chest problems (one lung is fucked, the other doesn't operate to what could be classed as normal capacity) thanks to inhalation of toxic fumes during his engineering apprenticeship at a chemical works. He's also diabetic and has had a heart condition, for which he has taken medication for most of his adult life. He's skinny as a whippet and underweight to the point where you'd think you'd snap him if you hugged him too hard and also has a very nearly successful suicide attempt by way of a massive overdose of tablets in his history, which can't have done his internal organs much good in the long term scheme of things. On paper he shouldn't even be alive right now, but he can walk me into the ground, does everything for himself and is far more active than I even have the energy to think of being. And then there was my dear friend Chris... Rarely drank, didn't smoke, looked after himself, was a really good natured, chilled out guy who wasn't phased or stressed by anything. He died when he was 31 and his death was attributed to sudden adult death syndrome. He was physically healthy in all respects, the autopsy found no evidence of any undiagnosed heart conditions or anything that could have caused his death. He simply stopped. Two very different people, thirty years apart in age and galaxies apart in lifestyle choices, and yet the one who should be dead according to conventional thinking is still alive.

Maybe it goes to show that you can never tell what is going to happen to anyone and maybe, just maybe, we are fated to be born on a set day and to die on a set day and what we do in between is the only thing we have any control over. That's not to say that I am advocating that we all sit about nomming McDog burgers and barely moving except to reach for the remote control or another packet of Gummi Bears while we wait for death to whack us with his scythe! Of course not! We should do whatever we can to maintain our bodies while we have them to a level that we are happy with and that enables us to live our lives in a way that brings us fulfillment, but if your number is up then your number is up, and there is nothing we can do about it.

I might edit that no matter if Nikki Sixx has a rather heavy body nowdays, I'll always find him sexy, even if he don't have my ideal male-body, and I a huge fan of both guy's music, both in bands and side projects and solo job. I want them to be around, as simple as that. Both selfishly so, because I want to hear more from them, but of course for their children.
    I'm a fan of Slash too, and yeah, sure I'd love for him to keep on making music for a long, long time, but I'm not going to grouch on him for aging, gaining a little weight or for not being a total gym rat just because I want to hear more of his stuff. I'll take what is given, enjoy it and be thankful if there is more, sad if there isn't and accept that its his life to live, not mine, and let him get on with it however he sees fit.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Bronze Member

Well that post is too long to quote...

I would not write "I" when I say what type of body _I_ think is beautiful, had I meant others must think like me. Please not that anyone can think whatever they want is beautiful. But as I've said before, what some think is beauty might not always be the best for the health. Too heavy or too light, both are bad, but some think it's the most handsome, and of course nothing can change someone's taste.

Kittylady still has not read what I'm writing though. For example I said the last photo of Slash that I posted was super fine. He's not super toned, gym rat etc. like Kittylady says he must be to look fine to me. I've said this before, but that obviously was not read, so I'll say it again, he looks healthy in that photo, like a normal 40+ guy. Please read my post, not a single word here and there.

I work with sports and training, I can only try to say things I've learned from experience and schooling in the subject, but of course I don't claim to know everything, I'm for example not a doctor. What I do know is that there are exceptions from the general risks, just like Kittylady describes, but if you look at percentage, the risk of getting heart problems is higher if you have used drugs (and died) and you combine that even with even a slight overweight. I have said this three times now, and I hope that will be enough.

being slightly overweight does not significantly increase your chance of anything except not fitting very well into your favorite jeans.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Being slightly fat is surely fairly attractive.

It's all just blah blah blah to me. I tried to read it but it's like having bugsoll back.

So are any of them dead yet?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

OP is a nutcase.I bet he/she would call this "a lean body with muscles on it":

This is a Finnish tattoo-obsessed shitty singer for your information.One co-worker of mine is crazy about him and we even went to a concert together last year.He's 32-33 years max and looks like a cadaver;this pic is too flattering.
    Rockstar types have always irked me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information