Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Meet model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 pounds

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't consider her plus sized. I consider plus size to be someone who wears a size 16 or greater.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Thank you. I'm really tired of the self appeasing folks who whine about how the average American woman is a size 14 or whatever. So what is their point? That the media should have models who are overweight because the average American woman has let herself get shot all to hell? Look, even fat people don't enjoy looking at fat people any more than ugly people prefer to look at ugly people. Most people who are overweight aren't happy about it. If they had a magic wand and could wave it and lose 30 lbs overnight they would all do it. But when faced with the task of restructuring their lifestyle and food intake it seems so daunting and hopeless they just give up. I honestly could punch in the face people who say they're 'too busy' to exercise. Not literally, because other peoples' weight doesn't affect or bother me or make me less inclined to like them as a person. I just can't bear to hear people bitch ad nauseum about how they need to lose weight, how they hate that their clothes don't fit, how self conscious they are about their bellies/back fat/ arm jiggle.........and then they go to Burger King.
    I agree. And I say this as someone who is overweight. I spent some years being obese and one day decided that I'd had enough. I changed my life and got my ass moving. I eat better and eat less, watch my calories and exercise 5 days a week. I do all this with my 2 small children that I take everywhere with me. I dropped over 80 pounds over the course of 9 months. Went from a size 18 to a size 8.

I was within 20 pounds of my goal weight when I got knocked up again, blah. Even though I'm pregnant, I still maintain my healthy eating habits and I still exercise. One once the baby gets here, all that weight is going bye-bye. It amazes me, the excuses people come up with for not working out or eating right. But then again, I sort of understand because I spent years making lame ass excuses and being unhappy. I don't know how to flip that switch for other people, but I still try to encourage people. I have had friends that have gotten gastric bypass or the lap band done, and they're already obese again because they refuse to change their lifestyle.

Sorry for the rant. Healthy living has sort of been my obsession lately. Can you tell?

Kudos Badgers!!
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

I also agree. I don't want to see overweight models on magazines or runways. I want to see freakishly beautiful models that I can never hope or aspire to look like. However, I do wish that the trend would go back to curvier thin models (like Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Claudia Schiffer) instead of the rail thin models that look like they have been living off heroine and air for the past three years. I don't find that sexy or pretty.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

PS congratulations, Badger! That is truly inspiring.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

at 180 pounds i would expect her to have boobs and a bigger stomach. so yeah that weight with that height is deceiving.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    I also agree. I don't want to see overweight models on magazines or runways. I want to see freakishly beautiful models that I can never hope or aspire to look like. However, I do wish that the trend would go back to curvier thin models (like Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks, Claudia Schiffer) instead of the rail thin models that look like they have been living off heroine and air for the past three years. I don't find that sexy or pretty.

I can't remember the last time I saw a runway model who was really beautiful. Giselle has a great body but I don't look at her and feel awe , supermodels from years gone by were much more stunning. Most models today are skinny and tall with dodgy faces.

Different strokes. See, I think Gisele has a crappy body. I mean, it's thin and sleek and and what musculature is there is flat and almost nonexistent...if that's all it takes to be considered having a beautiful body, then maybe so. But she's got no ass, no hips, a midsection that looks like a board, and nothing feminine about her whatsoever. And then there's the face. Lord help. When she looks good, it's a product of fantastically talented styling/hair/makeup.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Different strokes. See, I think Gisele has a crappy body. I mean, it's thin and sleek and and what musculature is there is flat and almost nonexistent...if that's all it takes to be considered having a beautiful body, then maybe so. But she's got no ass, no hips, a midsection that looks like a board, and nothing feminine about her whatsoever. And then there's the face. Lord help. When she looks good, it's a product of fantastically talented styling/hair/makeup.
    This times eleventy. It's only the bolt-ons that give the illusion of femininity with her.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Congrats Badgers!!!!!
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with MrsDark

Quote Originally Posted by lalala View Post
    I'm 5'10 1/2 , I weight 125 pounds and I look thin but normal, so there's no way that this girl can be 180, she's 150 at the most
    You must have small frame or void of any muscle to not be thin at 125 at that height.

Her weight is all from the waist down.
    Her legs and knees are pretty thick, despite her height.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    This times eleventy. It's only the bolt-ons that give the illusion of femininity with her.
    I think she'd look great without the implants, too.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information