Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 pounds

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I wasn't trying to pat myself on the back in my post when I said I was an hourglass. That still means having hips and when you are 5 ft 3 like me, 2 lbs makes a visible difference, unfortunately. Over the past week and a half I've had 4 people ask me if I've lost weight. I don't have a scale, so when I went to my mother's I used her digital scale that I check myself with periodically. I had lost exactly 2 friggin' pounds and it was enough to notice. I'm sure it works the other way,too.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Average Size of American Men & Women - Body Measurement Study by SizeUSA
    Thought this was interesting. It is from 2004:

The old spinoff for average woman's size in America was Size 8, but in 2004, it's a Size 14. As most all females know, a size 14 is the Entry Gate to Plus-Sized Kingdom. That 'outdated size 8' is still comprised of these numbers in inches:

Bust: 35
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 37.5
    - although black women were larger than other women, they were equipped with the classic hourglass figures

- women over age 36 in the study had larger hips, though older black women had smaller hip ratios

- of the women scanned, 64% were pear-shaped. The medical field has given us reason to believe that pears are better than apples when it comes to shape and health risks, especially when it comes to the old ticker.

Here are the averages:

White women ages 18-25: 38-32-41
    White women ages 36-45: 41-34-43
    Black women on average: 43-37-46
    Hispanic women on average: 42.5-36-44
    Other women in America (mostly Asian): 41-35-43
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat...that is one of the oldest misconceptions in the book. Trust me I've studied it and if you don't believe me then ask your Doctor. Or check here Does Muscle Weigh More Than Fat? - MSN Health & Fitness - Fitness . Simply put muscle is more dense than fat so by volume it SEEMS to weigh more...a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat so your clothes will fit different and you make look slimmer because of it's compostion. It's about changing the shape of your body with lean muscle mass

Also I never said that I wouldn't do her....lol, I would have to see more pictures of her to really decide. Would like to check out her lower half to see how it looks. I was just saying that she was pretty and if she toned up I personally would think that she was smoking hot. My opinion

Erm... did I say that muscle weighed more than fat? No I didn't.
    not only does musculator differ but so do bone denseities.
    I was talking of the structure NOT comparing fat to muscle weight. That was why I commented on bone denseties. (even if I can't fucking spell it! Its late I'm tired, you'll have to forgive me).
    And - just for the record - my Dr actually told me that muscle weighs more than fat, just last week. No, I didn't believe her then either.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Average Size of American Men & Women - Body Measurement Study by SizeUSA
    Thought this was interesting. It is from 2004:

The old spinoff for average woman's size in America was Size 8, but in 2004, it's a Size 14. As most all females know, a size 14 is the Entry Gate to Plus-Sized Kingdom. That 'outdated size 8' is still comprised of these numbers in inches:

Bust: 35
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 37.5
    - although black women were larger than other women, they were equipped with the classic hourglass figures

- women over age 36 in the study had larger hips, though older black women had smaller hip ratios

- of the women scanned, 64% were pear-shaped. The medical field has given us reason to believe that pears are better than apples when it comes to shape and health risks, especially when it comes to the old ticker.

Here are the averages:

White women ages 18-25: 38-32-41
    White women ages 36-45: 41-34-43
    Black women on average: 43-37-46
    Hispanic women on average: 42.5-36-44
    Other women in America (mostly Asian): 41-35-43
    Thanks Sluce, interesting.

Another thing to mention about hitting 40 is that not only does your metabolism slow down, but your likelihood of injury also increases. My wife and I, despite being lifelong athletes (and pretty careful) are constantly pulling or straining something. And it has happened more often as we got older. You need to make sure you are using the correct form, the correct clothing/shoes, and not overdoing it so that you don't have a long layoff from your program.

Another thing I read was that your ability to build new muscle tissue sharply decreases after the age of 28. So, for people here in their twenties who haven't started some kind of fitness program, you really need to start now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat...that is one of the oldest misconceptions in the book. Trust me I've studied it and if you don't believe me then ask your Doctor. Or check here Does Muscle Weigh More Than Fat? - MSN Health & Fitness - Fitness . Simply put muscle is more dense than fat so by volume it SEEMS to weigh more...a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat so your clothes will fit different and you make look slimmer because of it's compostion. It's about changing the shape of your body with lean muscle mass
    Actually, that article is misleading. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. In the article they refer to muscle and fat in terms of weight (yes, it is true that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle both weigh a pound but the volume would be different). That's the same as saying a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of gold. Does that mean that feathers are as heavy as gold? Of course not. Keeping volume equal (instead of weight), you will find that muscle does indeed weigh more than fat. In other words, if you took a shoe box and filled it with muscle and you took the same shoe box and filled it with fat you will find that the box filled with muscle weighs considerably more than the box filled with fat.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

bmi is a stupid way of measuring 'healthy weights'.

if i'm rock solid with muscle, and since muscle takes up less space than fat does, i may look very fit but be classified as 'obese'.

honestly... go by how you feel not by what a scale tells you.

now that muscles is gonna be all compacted in your arm or leg, that fat is going to be spread out everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    I'm glad that they're including her, but why does she have to be a part of a "big is beautiful" editorial... it's like every time a plus size model gets some exposure the magazine had to REMIND us that she's plus sized.. like they're fulfilling some sort of quota. It's kind of discouraging that you turn the page and the moment is over.. back to skinny minnies.
    werd

Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    Actually, that article is misleading. Muscle DOES weigh more than fat. In the article they refer to muscle and fat in terms of weight (yes, it is true that a pound of fat and a pound of muscle both weigh a pound but the volume would be different). That's the same as saying a pound of feathers weighs the same as a pound of gold. Does that mean that feathers are as heavy as gold? Of course not. Keeping volume equal (instead of weight), you will find that muscle does indeed weigh more than fat. In other words, if you took a shoe box and filled it with muscle and you took the same shoe box and filled it with fat you will find that the box filled with muscle weighs considerably more than the box filled with fat.

But he did clarify that in his post... even if the article didn't.
    Simply put muscle is more dense than fat so by volume it SEEMS to weigh more...a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat so your clothes will fit different and you make look slimmer because of it's compostion.

I think that we are saying kind of the same thing but in a different way. a pound, is a pound...no matter how you slice it. BUT fat is distributed different than muscle, it's about the shape and distriubution of the weight. Muscle is tighter and gives your body a different shape than fat...obviously
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Oops. I don't know how I missed everything you wrote in your post. Sorry! I think I opened the link to the article and didn't finish reading your original post. Ignore me. :-)
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Oops. I don't know how I missed everything you wrote in your post. Sorry! I think I opened the link to the article and didn't finish reading your original post. Ignore me. :-)
    It's all love...no worries!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

She doesn't look like your typical model which is refreshing - but I still think her stomach, just like Kate Moss' face is horrible.

What really shits me about the weight debate is that anything that fits into a 12 or above are described as "NORMAL". What does that make women who aren't models who wear clothes smaller than a 12? Abnormal?
    ssabmud

The thing that gets me about the weight debate is that size means nothing without relating it to height.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Muscle DOES NOT weigh more than fat... [snip]. Simply put muscle is more dense than fat so by volume it SEEMS to weigh more...a pound of muscle occupies less space than a pound of fat
    In other words, if you put a cubic foot of fat vs. a cubic foot of muscle, despite their similar volumes, the scale would show the muscle WEIGHS MORE.

Muscle does weigh more than fat. You prove it yourself in the second part of your post.

^^Not at all but if that's what you want to believe then that's cool..you can go through life with that thought in your head.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information