Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Meet model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 pounds

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    She looks good, other than that stomach. It's kind of weird because I know most women's stomachs pooch out or are rounded, but hers just sags like a bunch of loose skin....if you're only 20 and haven't had any kids, there shouldn't be any reason for that. Sorry.
    I have the same type of belly roll and haven't had children yet.

Wish I was that tall then my 160 wouldn't looks so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    But she's 5'11. Most women I know who wear a size 12/14 are wayyyyyyyyy shorter than her, so I don't think she is really representative of larger-sized American women.
    I disagree. I'm a size 12 and I think my body looks somewhat similar to hers. And while I'm much shorter than her (5'6) I also weigh less than her (159). So, I think she is doing just fine in representing us.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by atrayubrandy View Post
    I disagree. I'm a size 12 and I think my body looks somewhat similar to hers. And while I'm much shorter than her (5'6) I also weigh less than her (159). So, I think she is doing just fine in representing us.
    I couldn't disagree more. The average American woman is 5'4 and weighs around 145 pounds. This woman is 5'11 and weighs 180. If you think she represents "us", try on some of her clothes.

They never said she was representative in height and weight. They are saying she is more like us in not being super skinny. She is a woman with real curves. Her figure is realistic.

They say you should figure on 5 lbs per inch. So she is 7 inches taller than the average woman. Deduct 5 lbs per inch and she would weigh 145.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They never said she was representative in height and weight. They are saying she is more like us in not being super skinny. She is a woman with real curves. Her figure is realistic.

They say you should figure on 5 lbs per inch. So she is 7 inches taller than the average woman. Deduct 5 lbs per inch and she would weigh 145.
    Nah, I am not falling for the media hype just because the girl has a little belly pouch. Other than that, she is slender and does not look overweight in the least. She does not resemble anyone I know in real life, and just because he has a bit of belly fat does not take away the fact that she is much taller and slimmer than "normal women". We'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

So even though she meets the exact same criteria of a 5'4", 145 pound woman it is still all media hype because no one you know in real life looks like her. Oh well. I know a lot of women who look like her.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    So even though she meets the exact same criteria of a 5'4", 145 pound woman it is still all media hype because no one you know in real life looks like her. Oh well. I know a lot of women who look like her.
    Have to correct myself, I just googled and the 145 pound statistic I remembered was apparently 10 years ago, average weight for US women is now 163 pounds at a bit over 5'3.

Women's sizes by country; The age group with the best memory - USATODAY.com

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    average weight for US women is now 163 pounds at a bit over 5'3.

So, the average woman needs to lose at least 22 pounds.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post

Thank you. I'm really tired of the self appeasing folks who whine about how the average American woman is a size 14 or whatever. So what is their point? That the media should have models who are overweight because the average American woman has let herself get shot all to hell? Look, even fat people don't enjoy looking at fat people any more than ugly people prefer to look at ugly people. Most people who are overweight aren't happy about it. If they had a magic wand and could wave it and lose 30 lbs overnight they would all do it. But when faced with the task of restructuring their lifestyle and food intake it seems so daunting and hopeless they just give up. I honestly could punch in the face people who say they're 'too busy' to exercise. Not literally, because other peoples' weight doesn't affect or bother me or make me less inclined to like them as a person. I just can't bear to hear people bitch ad nauseum about how they need to lose weight, how they hate that their clothes don't fit, how self conscious they are about their bellies/back fat/ arm jiggle.........and then they go to Burger King.

I'm 38 and have an hourglass, athletic build. I work out a good amount with karate and cardio kickboxing and I try to add walking 2x per week and roller skating when I can. i don't obsess about food but try to keep it balanced (if I eat some junk early in the day I'm very conservative for the rest of the day and make sure to get in some exercise). I get annoyed with people who think I exercise too much (4x per week...really?) when the reality is they do nothing. Ever. It is harder to maintain your weight and muscle tone as you get older, it's just a fact. But my goal is to keep the phillie in the barn because I've seen how incredibly hard it is to reign it all back in once you gain over 15 lbs. It becomes an uphill battle.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crumpet - your hourglass figure is just because you haven't had any kids and fulfilled your womanhood.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I'm in TX, here it's more like at least 40 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    It is harder to maintain your weight and muscle tone as you get older, it's just a fact. But my goal is to keep the phillie in the barn because I've seen how incredibly hard it is to reign it all back in once you gain over 15 lbs. It becomes an uphill battle.
    That is so true, once you hit 40 it's really, really, really hard work to lose weight (and keep it off).

^^hey, that's MY excuse.....

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Thank you. I'm really tired of the self appeasing folks who whine about how the average American woman is a size 14 or whatever. So what is their point? That the media should have models who are overweight because the average American woman has let herself get shot all to hell? Look, even fat people don't enjoy looking at fat people any more than ugly people prefer to look at ugly people. Most people who are overweight aren't happy about it. If they had a magic wand and could wave it and lose 30 lbs overnight they would all do it. But when faced with the task of restructuring their lifestyle and food intake it seems so daunting and hopeless they just give up. I honestly could punch in the face people who say they're 'too busy' to exercise. Not literally, because other peoples' weight doesn't affect or bother me or make me less inclined to like them as a person. I just can't bear to hear people bitch ad nauseum about how they need to lose weight, how they hate that their clothes don't fit, how self conscious they are about their bellies/back fat/ arm jiggle.........and then they go to Burger King.

I'm 38 and have an hourglass, athletic build. I work out a good amount with karate and cardio kickboxing and I try to add walking 2x per week and roller skating when I can. i don't obsess about food but try to keep it balanced (if I eat some junk early in the day I'm very conservative for the rest of the day and make sure to get in some exercise). I get annoyed with people who think I exercise too much (4x per week...really?) when the reality is they do nothing. Ever. It is harder to maintain your weight and muscle tone as you get older, it's just a fact. But my goal is to keep the phillie in the barn because I've seen how incredibly hard it is to reign it all back in once you gain over 15 lbs. It becomes an uphill battle.

Very well said...Not everyone can be a model for a REASON! They are not supposed to look like the common person because if that were the case then every Tom, Dick and Harry would have the job. Just because the majority of US women are overweight doesnt' mean that we should make them models. If I wanted to look at yourself in clothes try a mirror.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information