Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mary-Kate Olsen: 'Anorexia nearly killed me'

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm sorry, but 81 pounds when you're an inch or two over 5 feet tall is hardly life-threatening (81 pounds at 5'6" or 5'7" is a different story). I'm not denying that she was very thin a few years ago, but I don't buy the anorexia story. Going on a coke binge for a few weeks and dropping 15-20 pounds is *not* anorexia.

^ i totally agree Miss December.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    by anorexia does she mean being a perpetual cokewhore and snorting up nose candy every day?
    You read her mind!

Not to make light of the people who have struggled through ED... but that dress makes her look chunkier than she is ... someone please let her know.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I think this is another of MK's attempts to cover her own ass in the wake of all the Heath Ledger drama- it's supposed to remind people that she was in rehab for "anorexia" (her raging coke addiction had nooooothing to do with it- even though she was in a facility that exclusively works with drug and alcohol addicts) and that she's this fragile girl who is just sooooo overwhelmed and should be pitied.

I don't believe a word this bitch says. She's a remorseless drug addict and a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    I'm sorry, but 81 pounds when you're an inch or two over 5 feet tall is hardly life-threatening (81 pounds at 5'6" or 5'7" is a different story). I'm not denying that she was very thin a few years ago, but I don't buy the anorexia story. Going on a coke binge for a few weeks and dropping 15-20 pounds is *not* anorexia.
    Ok, anorexia is VERY deadly , you dont have to be emaciated to be in danger and someone who gets help for their anorexia BEFORE they reach a dangerous weight is far better off but not any less sick.You people are terrible. Go educate yourself.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think this is another of MK's attempts to cover her own ass in the wake of all the Heath Ledger drama- it's supposed to remind people that she was in rehab for "anorexia" (her raging coke addiction had nooooothing to do with it- even though she was in a facility that exclusively works with drug and alcohol addicts) and that she's this fragile girl who is just sooooo overwhelmed and should be pitied.

I don't believe a word this bitch says. She's a remorseless drug addict and a liar.

Agreed, besides her bout with anorexia (truth or not) was 2 years ago and is certainly very old news.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post

Nice try, MK.

Quote Originally Posted by esmereldagrubb View Post
    Ok, anorexia is VERY deadly , you dont have to be emaciated to be in danger and someone who gets help for their anorexia BEFORE they reach a dangerous weight is far better off but not any less sick.
    Hear, hear!

If I would have gotten help or if someone would have intervened when I suffered 6 years ago I would probably be much better off today..

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    Hear, hear!

If I would have gotten help or if someone would have intervened when I suffered 6 years ago I would probably be much better off today..
    Yea, i think the only way to truly understand such a notion is to be a sufferer or the family of someone who is. Either way , I have no doubt that MK has anorexia.....drugs can be a big Player in an anorexic's illness. Now, i can't say WHY she is speaking out NOW.....the timing is certainly suspect but I can't fault her for trying to share a little bit of her struggle because it brings attention to such a serious problem in this society.
    If the mind, that rules the body, ever so far forgets itself as to trample on its slave, the slave is never generous enough to forgive the injury, but will rise and smite the oppressor. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I used to be so jealous of these girls large green eyes. But now I can't see anything to be jealous about. Yes, they may have money. But they've got a lot of issues too.
    ssabmud

.....cocaine addicts have "eating disorders", too.....they prefer drugs to food.....hell, if it was a body image issue.....she would wear more attractive clothes.....

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    .....cocaine addicts have "eating disorders", too.....they prefer drugs to food.....hell, if it was a body image issue.....she would wear more attractive clothes.....
    She dresses like a typical anorexic.

...she hangs out with other coke addicts......

Quote Originally Posted by MissDecember View Post
    I'm sorry, but 81 pounds when you're an inch or two over 5 feet tall is hardly life-threatening.
    Don't agree. I'm 5'1" and I look too skinny at 105 lbs. I would be anorexic and at serious risk of croaking at 81 lbs. 81 lbs could very well be life threatening for many unless you're maybe a crazy slim hipped, 13 year old girl.

Nicole Richie is about 5'1" or 5"2 and supposedly her weight was somewhere in the 90s. She looked like death before she got knocked up.

^^ I think it also matters where the weight is at...it it muscle? Is it fat? You can weigh more if you are muscular, but have insufficient fat surrounding your internal organs...very problematic.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information