Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Martine McCutcheon losing weight and looking healthy

Default Re: Martine McCutcheon losing weight and looking healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    The problem is, we're used to seeing actresses who work out 24/7, have the hard stomach, but also have boobs thanks to their trusty surgeon.
    Women are pretty much supposed to have soft stomachs, with hips and boobs, but we're so used to the morphed ideal, that when you see someone who hasn't had anything done (as far as I'm aware), it sticks out like a sore thumb.

She hasn't got a boob job or lipo (see above caveat), and she hasn't worked out to within an inch of her life. She's *gasp* normal!!!
    I don't actually compare her to other celebrities, I am well aware of the fact that other celebrities are not normal, the majority of them are too toned and/or too skinny. Like Bella said, I'm comparing her to my friends, colleagues, girls and women I see in the street etc. If I see a celeb with a bit of cellulite or some love handles I'm not gunna think, wow she's fat because I don't expect perfection, I just think Martine is chunky, not fat but wobbly and she looked better when she lost weight. She has never been skinny anyway, she always had her curves.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I think she looks like real women should. And she is obviously sporting self confidence and a good body image.

Bronze Member

Smile Re: Martine McCutcheon losing weight and looking healthy

I think she looks about the same size as in "Love Actually", and actually I love that movie, and her in it. And, incidentally I think she is perfect and gorgeous and hot just the way she is. I wish I could be "chunky" like her!!!!

-Heavenlee

She looks very good, she has a great shape. I cannot fathom calling her fat. I personally do prefer a more athletic build - tauter abs and defined arms and a little bit leaner overall - so I can understand some people saying they wouldn't want to have her body. But I wouldn't feel bad about myself if I did! She's not flabby at all, just soft and feminine, with a defined waist. Granted, some women at the same weight would not look as good, but she happens to look terrific!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

her overall shape is good shes blessed with good genetics, but she seems to have no muscle tone whatsoever not even in her lower legs! I dont think she needs lose weight or size, but shed look and probably feel better if she toned up a bit. A bit of gentle exercise never killed anyone.

At first I thought 'ergh' but now I'm thinking she probably looks 10 x better than I would in a bikini and it's nice not to see chest plates sticking out and a pair of natural boobs for once!

Elite Member

She has probably has got muscle tone; she just has a thin, uniform layer of body fat over it, and is shown in relaxed positions in these pics. That's why she looks soft; she has a thin, soft and mushy layer over the muscles.
    That doesn't mean that there aren't any muscles there; muscles don't need to be highly defined and visible to be there and be functional, you know - especially not on a body type like hers. I have a similar body and I'm pretty strong, stronger than most of my female friends, but it's not like you can clearly see that - my legs and arms look pretty much like hers.

I'd say the only body type where you can tell if someone is strong or not by just looking at them is the naturally skinny type, people with bodies like Paris and Mischa, because they don't really get that overall soft layer of fat. Their muscle tone or lack of it is visible. On a larger body with more fat it just isn't.

It's perfectly possible to be very strong, very fit, quite healthy and still have a hefty layer of body fat over the muscles - it's all about genetics and habits.

She looks great! Her figure is exactly what I would LOVE to have!
    So you hate your job? There's a support group for that....It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

SVZ

her proportions are perfect

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony
    I think she looks like real women should. And she is obviously sporting self confidence and a good body image.
    Exactly! She looks fantastic, and it's really sad that our society and celebrity obsessed world has geared us to automatically look at someone with normal curves and think "Oooh... she could do with losing a bit off those thighs!"

Shes gross and mushy

It's possible to be larger than a size 0 and have a nice, pleasing, curvy shape. I'd much rather look like that than Nicole Richie or Lindsay Lohan.

I think I've posted in this thread before, but I just love this woman's body! She's actually bigger than me, so it's not about her looking good in comparison to heavy girls - she just has a very nice figure, regardless. As SVZ said, perfect proportions.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

There are women with curves who ARENT fat like Martine:

JLO
    Salma Hyak
    Cacee Cobb

None of these chicks are size 0s either...

All Im saying is that I can appreciate curves and women who dont look anorexic, but being a blubbery mess is different.
    And Id rather look like Nicole Richie any day than Martine

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale
    And Id rather look like Nicole Richie any day than Martine
    And that says it all.

Nicole Richie knows she's too thin, yet women would rather look like her -emaciated and all - than look like an actual woman with breasts, hips, thighs and a stomach.

How sad.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information