Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manorexia or just skinny?

Quote Originally Posted by MoodyJenny86 View Post
    Another thing...why with a ridiculously skinny woman it's always an ED but yet with a ridiculously skinny guy it's always drugs?
    It isn't like that. Its usually an either/or/both situation. But sometimes you can just make an educated guess.

Brandon Boyd isn't looking so good. I could believe it is drugs:

Carson Daly is another one who I think has / had a problem. He got crazy skinny:

I remember watching his show a few years back and thinking he HAD to be on drugs. He was just not making sense, talking fast, fidgeting, and acting looney.

^Okay maybe but 95% of the time- at least from what I see- skinny woman= eating disorder, skinny man= drugs. And that's fine that people assume that (not saying I agree or that it's okay to have an ED but more so that I respect their opinion), just trying to get the point out that males can have EDs which y'all thankfully seem to understand and unfortunately have experienced firsthand.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

^ I don't agree with your first statement...drugs are mentioned alot by members with many of the female celebrities that are in the weight section. Meth and coke are notorious for causing the bobble headed look...it's Hollywood..I'd say most are drug related weight issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 00Kimmi00 View Post
    ^ I don't agree with your first statement...drugs are mentioned alot by members with many of the female celebrities that are in the weight section. Meth and coke are notorious for causing the bobble headed look...it's Hollywood..I'd say most are drug related weight issues.
    ^This is true...and that's fine that you don't agree, I respect your opinion, drugs are mentioned a lot for female celebs also, I realize this but this is just my opinion, it just seems like that to me...I guess I should have basically left out the females and made the issue that with male celebs who experience significant/noticeable weight loss it's either "drugs," "cancer," or "AIDS" and never an "eating disorder" it just bothers me that men are completely overlooked.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I remember Carson Daly's transformation, he got way too skinny. He was an exercise addict too if I recall. I remember they'd have pics of him biking all over NYC in his spandex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I think Bill from Tokio Hotel is severly anorexic.

His twin brother is twice his size. So he can't really blame it on the genes.

Tokio Hotel: “Ist Bill Kaulitz magersüchtig oder ißt er nur zu wenig?” - Bilder, News, Klatsch - Promi News
    Axl Rose is in Tokio Hotel? Seriously the guy on the far right could be his son...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Carson Daly look really unhealthy, he looks so haggard and old. Whatever he's doing it's not healthy
    "Well isn't that special"

hmmm ... its possible some of these guys could be naturally skinny.
    My boyfriend is very thin , lanky and can't gain any weight no matter how hard he tries. He's been like that since he was a kid, as have most of the men in his family. Hes been called 'manorexic' before and got quite self conscious about it, doesn't enjoy being thin.

were some of the guys in this thread previously bigger?

^ Male ectomorph....poor bugger. Has he tried heavy weight training, using protein supplements and a bulking diet?

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnVanity View Post
    hmmm ... its possible some of these guys could be naturally skinny.
    My boyfriend is very thin , lanky and can't gain any weight no matter how hard he tries. He's been like that since he was a kid, as have most of the men in his family. Hes been called 'manorexic' before and got quite self conscious about it, doesn't enjoy being thin.

were some of the guys in this thread previously bigger?
    I went through that for most of my life. I'm 6'4 and graduated highschool weighing less than 180. I swear that I lived off of McDonalds and othe crap and I still couldn't gain weight...be it good weight or fat. However after years...and I do mean years of weight training and better nutrition was I able to put on some size. However if I stop lifting I lose the weight pretty quickly. My brother is the same way and has lost 7 pounds in a weekend if he doesn't make sure to eat all 5 of his meals every day. But with that being said I'm now at 215 which is mostly muscle so it can be done. It's not easy though...I used to hate when people would get mad at me for complaining about how hard it is to keep weight ON...it's just as hard from some people to gain as it is for others to lose.
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Someone mentioned Carson Daly. I know we have all talked about his weight before. Here's some pictures:

Before:

After:

^He was cute, now he looks like a creepy old man, ew...^
    "Well isn't that special"

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Do you mean only the term manorexia or is it like ok to have a disease like eating disorder?

What about the media image are you mad about? The fact that people think it is bad to be unhealthy or you think the celebrities skinny competition is bad?

You're post sounded to me like you think it is ok to be anorexic or bulimic. I'm hoping I'm wrong.
    Yikes, yeah you read it totally wrong.

I brought up my past so that I wouldn't be attacked by anyone that views only those that have suffered from an ED deserve to have an opinion on the term, because that's happened before on this site. I didn't think that because I used to have issues and don't take offense to the term 'manorexia' would mean that I'm pro eating disorders. If I knew it would be misinterpreted and that I'd have to explain myself, then I wouldn't have bothered saying anything.

A couple of people shared that they took offense to the term 'manorexia' being used, which I understand why, but I don't think that justifies finding fault with a person that uses that term in this thread. I know no one was specifically ripping on the OP, but I still felt like she was lashed out at and wanted to say that I had no problem with her choice of words.

As for the media image, I was alluding to a previous post that stated how the media treats anorexia nervosa as a fad and how the media treats men and women differently as to this subject. I too am of the opinion that eating disorders are taken too lightly by the media and perhaps general public, especially considering anorexia nervosa has the highest suicide rate for mental disorders. What I was trying to get across towards the end was that I don't take personal offense every time the media uses the term 'manorexia' or misrepresents this mental disorder because the media is a bunch of bullshit anyways. Full stop. I mentioned bipolar disorder too because this is an example yet another mental illness that the media misrepresents. At the end of the day the media pretty much misrepresents everything now.

Ugh, I hate that I just wasted time and energy on this. Back to posting less for me. Considering all the men in this post are malnourished for one reason or another, I thought I'd post a picture of a healthy good looking man.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Considering all the men in this post are malnourished for one reason or another, I thought I'd post a picture of a healthy good looking man.
    please tell me you were trying to bring a little funny to the thread!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Yikes, yeah you read it totally wrong.

Ugh, I hate that I just wasted time and energy on this. Back to posting less for me. Considering all the men in this post are malnourished for one reason or another, I thought I'd post a picture of a healthy good looking man.
    Hi, thanks for answering to me, it cleared up what you were saying to me now. I hope it didn't take too much of youre time

That man has some seriously sexy pants
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Best pic!
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information