Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: London Fashion Week stylist quits over designer Mark Fast's using UK size 14 models

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Exactly what I've been saying and thinking for years! Thank you!

I'm just under 5'2". It's ridiculous. While everyone's jumping on the plus size production love, how about you make more clothes for us shorties?! Preferably modelled by people who are actually short - you have to be 5'6" or taller to be a "petite" model.
    Hells yah!! I'm 5'2 as well, we need some Shorty Fairness here!

FASHION FOR SHORTIES!!! WE DESERVE HOT CLOTHES TOO!!
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

It works both ways though. I find some brands 'long' leg jeans are sometimes a little too long and regular jeans are pretty much always too short.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Way to Go!!!! ALL Girls are beautiful
    I wouldn't wish fame and celebrity on my worst enemy ~

why the hell do they always make these girls look close to death? i mean they pretty much paint on undereye bags.

the bigger girls don't suit that look at all. they look like they have been dumped by their boyfriends and have been crying for three days straight, eating ice cream and watching sex & the city episodes.

they should be glamazon'ed up. all luscious and sexy and made up to the hilt.

the skinny ones suit the 'look' because they are so thin it reminds one of the last stages of cancer. no offense to naturally skinny girls. i know you look better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdragon View Post
    Hells yah!! I'm 5'2 as well, we need some Shorty Fairness here!

FASHION FOR SHORTIES!!! WE DESERVE HOT CLOTHES TOO!!
    I've found my custom made ones: kids clothes at Tescos! They make clothes for people 5'2" (age 12-13) and I don't need to bother with length alterations anymore.
    I only need to avoid "skinny" labels - they won't fit my footballer's legs

Quote Originally Posted by Annika View Post
    why the hell do they always make these girls look close to death? i mean they pretty much paint on undereye bags.

the bigger girls don't suit that look at all. they look like they have been dumped by their boyfriends and have been crying for three days straight, eating ice cream and watching sex & the city episodes.

they should be glamazon'ed up. all luscious and sexy and made up to the hilt.

the skinny ones suit the 'look' because they are so thin it reminds one of the last stages of cancer. no offense to naturally skinny girls. i know you look better than that.
    yep i've probably mentioned it before but i was a big fashion week a few years ago (work related). i was shocked because many of the models look kinda of well.. shit and unhealthy up close. and the designers seem to go for this weird 'heroin chic' meets 'zombie' look.. its odd. the combination of this with their thinness and height(plus the very very high heels) just look really disturbing sometimes. alienlike. not to mention a lot of the girls were between 14 and 19

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    I've found my custom made ones: kids clothes at Tescos! They make clothes for people 5'2" (age 12-13) and I don't need to bother with length alterations anymore.
    I only need to avoid "skinny" labels - they won't fit my footballer's legs
    Erm... but surely clothes designed for kids would hardly accommodate for breasts?

Also, no way am I wearing any Hannah Montana shit.

I'm faintly depressed/pleased because my dimensions are very very similar to that first girl. They look gorgeous. But I am a plus size model size. But not as pretty. Conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by katerpillar View Post
    Erm... but surely clothes designed for kids would hardly accommodate for breasts?

Also, no way am I wearing any Hannah Montana shit.

LOL I was thinking only about trousers and jeans - with tops it doesn't matter whether you're a midget like me or normal size, you can shop anywhere but with the lower part the leg length issue arises LOL

I'm 5'2" and I hate having to get all of my pants and jeans hemmed.
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

I'm 5'11" and have a tough time finding them long enough. Manufacturers seem to think that women should come in one size.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Well, I don't care if runway models are skinny, they're like pieces of art. Runway fashion is over-the-top, stylistic, avant-garde - most of the time nothing a regular everyday woman would wear. I enjoy looking at high fashion just for the creativity aspect.
    That is "true" of the couture, but the RTW finds itself on the rails very quickly these days.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Off the top of my head I can think of my housemate, who has 36-28-38 measurements and her body is just smokin'. She is not anywhere near 'fat', she's toned and looks great for it. She'd look awesome on the catwalk, not these obviously ill stick figures.
    I used to live with you??? I had those proportions once (well, my waist was smaller for some unknown reason)... *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by FashionVictim View Post
    I'm 5'2" and I hate having to get all of my pants and jeans hemmed.
    Its a damned sight easier to have them hemmed than to have them end 3" above your ankle.... Even "long" leg lengths aren't as generous as they used to be...
    Petite in the UK seems to be around 5'3".... but hardly anywhere carries tall/long clothes. I'm sick of having t-shirts that are always too short, sleeves that are never long enough, trousers/jeans that are too short in the rise... it makes hipsters indecent... and I'm only 5'8"!

I was interested to see that those "Plus size models" were all pearshaped...

The normal ones look so much better, no comparison. It's a farce that designers continue to use emaciated malnourished models. They are in their own little world where they pretend famished humans are "fashionable". It's actually quite hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    LOL I was thinking only about trousers and jeans - with tops it doesn't matter whether you're a midget like me or normal size, you can shop anywhere but with the lower part the leg length issue arises LOL
    Ah. I don't mind the leg length thing, as trousers can be taken up easily/cheaply. It's having jackets that are always way too long in the sleeve that annoys me - that's much more complicated and expensive to have altered. Dresses tend to be too long, too; skirts and dresses that end below the knee make me look stumpy.

My proportions are just whack. I'm short and have a small ribcage, but with boobs and wide shoulders. My torso is long but my legs are short. Basically, I feel absurd, and clothes shopping is a pain in the butt.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information